Is this right?
I read this today on the HMRC website and wondered if I had missed something. You now appently have to appeal against a penalty before you have been notified that it has been imposed....
If you missed the 31 January 2012 deadline for sending your tax return online, you will have to pay a penalty. You can appeal against the penalty to HMRC. You have until 31 March 2012 to appeal (my emphasis). Follow the link below to find out more about penalties and how to appeal."
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 46 2
- Family Partnership 237 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 147 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 82 2
- flat rate scheme 2,323 47
- Signed accounts for bank 635 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 827 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 287 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 167 5
- VAT Query on new build 98 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 137 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 145 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 90 1
- P11D Car Value 258 6
- NOVA declaration 103 1
- Business valuation advice 706 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,505 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,225 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 291 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,108 26