RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Gift Aid declaration via SMS 93 1
- Flat rate category 196 2
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 59 1
- At what point is the sales? 107 2
- Accountant let me down 693 8
- UK resident director of a non resident company 103 1
- 2020 Annual Conference 185 4
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,245 27
- VAT admin query 145 1
- Professional Clearance 1,243 30
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,492 14
- Past rental expenses 340 6
- Let Property Campaign - Joint Owner Died 143 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,488 35
- Client right to working papers 1,441 10
- Growth Street 201 2
- Client has two UTRS, How do you get HMRC to correct this? 274 9
- Microsoft One Drive 633 23
- SA302's - What's the deal? 517 8
- Online Back Up 297 7
- NHS finance professionals 635
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 401
- Foreign Pension Contribution 369
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 346
- vat gross profit percentage margins 344
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 322
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 291
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 251
- IFA income recognition & reporting 209