RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- CGT history of shares 172 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 130 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 161 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 329 6
- CGT on sale of let property 104 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 169 2
- how do i get UTR 129 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 81 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 232 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 402 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 121 1
- Your comments please 309 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 186 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 116 2
- EIS 195 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 121 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 113 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 120 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 722 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 200 1
- Moving away from CCH software 965
- QROP pension input amounts 449
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 393
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 379
- fraud 302
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 275
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 242
- Construction CIS LLP Company 227
- EPS and CIS deductions 220
- Out of time or not? 205