RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Personal Tax 241 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,188 46
- Practical experience 862 16
- Xerocon 2016 829 13
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,875 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 245 2
- Mortgage Reference 192 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 174 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 438 9
- VAT 309 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 238 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 210 1
- last minute request 311 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 481 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 141 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 291 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 676 6