RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 439 21
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 367 6
- New Starter Checklist 137 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 197 3
- HMRC Distraint 184 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 175 2
- Will I need to resign? 590 9
- Old CGT loss 280 8
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 687 21
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 73 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 324 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 397 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,028 16
- How to explain this to someone 153 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,401 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 141 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 622 15
- Charges for VAT MOSS 219 1
- Limited company purchase of property 503 4
- Goodwill complications 292 6