RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,308 37
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,738 72
- CRM systems? 68 2
- Accountancy Career 534 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 499 9
- Vat on Payments on Account 109 3
- Estate agents - shared commission 186 5
- Yorkshire Day 352 25
- MAAT vs ACCA 537 10
- E-Magazines and pdfs 74 1
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 918 25
- Deleted question? 270 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,160 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 103 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 110 3
- calculation DTR restriction 152 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 68 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 179 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,874 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 409 12
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 558
- Cancelled 443
- Cancelled 371
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 345
- Probiz 344
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 213
- More spam 173