RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 155 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 312 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 54 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 282 7
- Family Partnership 289 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 189 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 195 6
- Business trips - director and family 421 3
- Signed accounts for bank 666 15
- flat rate scheme 2,381 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 170 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 329 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 191 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 96 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 859 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 211 5
- VAT Query on new build 128 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 122 1
- P11D Car Value 275 6
- NOVA declaration 114 1