RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- How does one compete? 689 9
- Great Service 1,259 17
- Keytime 324 4
- Deadline for appeal against late filing 136 2
- About your hairdresser clients 531 21
- Pool vehicle with age restriction 102 2
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,594 29
- Income for self employed associate dentist? 136 1
- Redundancy for husband and wife ltd co 138 2
- Transferring Shares From Manx Co to Cayman Island Co 141 3
- Nine-Page Engagement Letters 766 13
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 133 4
- Employee tears suit... 259 3
- PAYE & NIC 771 35
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 91 1
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 494 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 290 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 243 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 747 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 195 1
- Sanzar 533
- Digital marketing focus group 416
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 385
- Sainsbury's mangement 381
- Continuity Agreement 356
- Avanti Accounts 355
- Buyback 308
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 256
- Aggresive sales from Iris 253
- Charity volunteers and mileage 216