RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- PITA ex-client 36 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 809 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 43 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 215 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 313 8
- Audit 366 10
- Scottish Independance 856 24
- Funding Circle experience 41 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 686 20
- Awkward IP 1,476 16
- New supplier 79 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 48 2
- Buying a horse?? 285 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 205 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,117 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 971 11
- What's in a name ? 1,143 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 222 2
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 505 7
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 797 22
- CTA study material 791
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 441
- Employment related securities question 314
- AIM Stocks and IHT 293
- Expat pension contributions? 274
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 271
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 212
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154