RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Paper 127 8
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 402 16
- Moneysoft - technical query 408 11
- Giving investment company to spouse 47 2
- Recommendations for in house accounts prep software? 86 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 242 5
- Xero Pain Points 320 14
- Tainted donation by company 167 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 662 8
- HMRC incompetency 200 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 630 10
- HMRC site down ? 266 5
- Tax Codes and VAT 219 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,007 25
- Renting home garage and outbuildings to Business 192 3
- VAT REGISTATIONS 237 5
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,902 65
- System selection 187 2
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 507 21
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 359 5
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 361
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 303
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 290
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 283
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 275
- Electric Car 232
- S222 Charge 204
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 201
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 193
- Company Structure 181