RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,516 283
- Shutting down a company with creditors 994 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 194 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 61 1
- Circular shareholding 192 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 174 6
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 398 8
- business card address 263 8
- VAT relief eligibilty for charity buying minibus 207 2
- Declined for business bank account 158 4
- Loan to a related company 60 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 626 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 320 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 238 8
- property rental income split 111 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 132 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 98 1
- Payroll provider 155 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 146 1
- Family loan 360 8
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,109
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 299
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 184
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 168