RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 78 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 196 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 477 14
- Employee steeling client data 125 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,358 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 192 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 135 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 277 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 216 4
- signature required 915 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 196 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 341 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 334 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 160 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 90 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 156 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 100 1
- Lease 151 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 551
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 183
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 147