RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 283 10
- Fixed asset registers 106 5
- Glass-half-full member of the year? 112 5
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 306 2
- What is wrong with HMRC? 322 3
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 245 8
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 291 5
- Boffin of the Year 448 15
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 214 6
- equipment rental 124 5
- Self Assessment requirements for lady from Canada 119 1
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 139 2
- Non sequitur 330 3
- Pattern for CTA 268 6
- PAYE versus Dividends 217 4
- Employee or partner 105 1
- The Cotter Case 220 2
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 220 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 964 16
- Sole Trader business 162 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,317
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 646
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 427
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 336
- Alphabet shares 224
- Agent fees to sell business 216
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 211
- Office recharges 171
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 158
- Charge out rates in London 147