RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 106 2
- VT accounts licence key 73 3
- Other forums 131 2
- Underpaid National Insurance 109 2
- Career Advice 143 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 95 2
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,902 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 232 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 81 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 169 2
- Wrong career 214 8
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 214 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 103 3
- Agent with HMRC 279 11
- Quarterly PAYE 279 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 187 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 572 4
- Newsletter 248 5
- RTI Filing 1,770 22
- Fee's for P11D's 331 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 529
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 216
- Free Tax Legislation? 210
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- vat return 180