RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Use of aliases 619 17
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 125 5
- Real names 168 3
- Accounting Crew 752 17
- Dividend payment date 1,753 30
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 49 1
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 462 12
- Complete business outside UK 104 2
- What's the plural? 571 12
- to VAT or not to VAT 132 3
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 244 11
- Loan interest rental property 144 4
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,838 47
- Unclaimed customer balance 128 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 368 3
- Self Employed travel 330 7
- Company Secretarial Software 1,249 26
- Resigning as only director 1,079 10
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 225 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 573 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 421
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 323
- IFA incorporation 297
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 289
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 278
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 245
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 231
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 215
- Cancelled 174