RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Tax relief when working away 21 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 913 36
- Self assessment for directors 28 1
- Tax relief when working away 129 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 239 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,299 20
- Designated sole Residence 225 5
- A little knowledge 244 5
- Scratch Head 326 1
- Year end 252 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 314 13
- Clothing 624 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 151 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 181 5
- Identity check problem 1,510 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 197 1
- Capital allowances on Software 235 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 130 3
- Company director and KIT days 133 1
- client can't/won't pay 2,194 50
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 960
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 684
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 631
- Latest phishing scam 608
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 446
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 331
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 265
- Sabbatical payments 223
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 207
- Negligible Value Claim 204