RTI - all employees below LEL but PAYE scheme
A common question I'm sure but HMRC seem have removed their FAQ's from the website.
I have a small number of clients with 1 or 2 employees paid under LEL and no tax deductions. However they have a PAYE scheme as in the past they have paid the odd bonus which put them over the LEL for that month so needed to register.
My understanding is that as all under LEL no RTI reporting requirements, BUT do they still need to do monthly nil returns as they have a PAYE scheme?
There is a PAYE scheme number so I assume HMRC expect something from the client under RTI. If nothing submitted HMRC will look to close the scheme (?) but I don't want them too.
Anyone know the answer to this?
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 232 7
- Can criminal action be a defence? 96 3
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 254 6
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 73 2
- Income prior to company formation 122 6
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,382 13
- HMRC Security Deposit 524 13
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 360 9
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 230 4
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 908 8
- question 371 3
- VAT underpayment 185 6
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 244 5
- Company Limited by Guarantee 92 1
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 383 9
- notarising & legalising documents 101 1
- Company Van 343 8
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 1,011 19
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 400 10
- Connected person and properties 199 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 393
- Any thoughts on Capium? 366
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 283
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 258
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 247
- French ConnectionUK 199
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 185
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 184
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 180
- APN's 168