RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- can I claim a per diem 107 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 372 11
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 207 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 288 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 743 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 424 10
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 463 11
- SME Direct Debit 715 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,027 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 153 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 684 9
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 303 6
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 286 7
- r&d payable tax credits 63 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 439 3
- CIS gross status review 186 2
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 160 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,137 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 390 10
- Claiming pension relief 84 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 793
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 494
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 306
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 215
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 204
- Investment property company accounts template 195
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 169