RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 407 5
- Statutory sick pay 273 4
- Dividend in specie 350 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 195 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 157 3
- Cash basis 466 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 132 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 262 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 287 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 151 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 334 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,844 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 322 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 231 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 93 1
- Investor exit 190 3
- Partially exempt? 370 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 159 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 411 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,297 22
- Skandia using wrong address 561
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 285
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 241
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 182
- LLP in Construction Industry 147
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 127