RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Comany ceasing to trade 105 1
- Closing a limited company 87 4
- Obtaining old payslips & correcting historic tax overpayment 94 3
- Software 251 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 347 6
- Capital Gains on Residential Property 404 23
- Broadband costs 190 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 403 14
- Rental Income for Child Benefit Charge 76 1
- Allocation of internal division of work - manger level 288 11
- Use of home deduction 437 14
- Non resident income. 209 11
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 312 5
- Director payroll - prorated NI? 192 5
- SA800 Returns 222 4
- state pension statement 735 9
- VAT on EU supplies 67 1
- VAT on purchse from EU supplier but goods were sent outside of EU from supplier 99 1
- Terminal Trade Loss Relief 155 4
- VAT on Vocational Training Courses supplied to a Charity Org? 93 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 848
- Copy Wanted 588
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 529
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 505
- Latest phishing scam 390
- Entrepreneurs' relief 365
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 321
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 307
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 295
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 205