RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Employee steeling client data 82 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,348 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 188 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 128 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 88 1
- CT600 269 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 205 4
- signature required 909 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 178 1
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 463 13
- Community awards 2014 - first category 175 6
- Can you help me spot errors? 330 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 328 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 134 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 85 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 147 2
- Payment plans for clients 274 3
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 91 1
- Lease 145 4
- Free invoicing software 507 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,307
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 547
- Credit where credit's due....... 339
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 261
- TheTax Donut 229
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 188
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 180
- Director's business mileage 149
- Sole trader CPD 145