RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 570 13
- Vat threshold issues 97 2
- Growing pains 357 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 236 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 69 1
- Consequential loss claim 117 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 190 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 117 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 107 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 336 5
- private to company car? 193 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 955 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 583 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 150 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 231 1
- Partner with an IVA 172 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 597 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 420 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 318 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 240 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 457
- CTA study material 418
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 303
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 284
- Pre incorp expenses 277
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 246
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 235
- Slight twist on employment related securities 209
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 183
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 177