RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- I know ... 1,206 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 677 18
- Tax on principal private residence 214 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 217 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 241 2
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 127 1
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 215 4
- Personal pension contributions 245 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 316 4
- RTI Filing 946 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 252 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 391 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 213 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 127 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 447 21
- Getting advice from HMRC 652 14
- Tax calc and NIC 214 2
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,834 29
- German wanting to pay UK tax 354 3
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 424 13
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 697
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 469
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 307
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 270
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 242
- growth voucher supplier 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 182
- VAT on Gaming Machines 168
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 156
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 154