RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 701 5
- See you all on the other side 731 6
- 12Pay 500 2
- dividends 697 2
- R&D 349 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,208 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 466 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 454 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 403 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 564 5
- Seeking a tax case 671 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 533 4
- Companies house strike off 619 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 465 2
- Moving to the cloud 769 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 224 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 930 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 229 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,110 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 518 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 570
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 424
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 378
- IRIS and FRS 102 360
- Capitalising Finance Lease 338
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 334
- Marginal rates of tax 326
- USA help 325
- Class 2 NI 311
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 302