RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- is this fraud? 195 6
- Corporate shareholder question 218 4
- Bartercard 291 4
- What's the market like for temps? 222 1
- is my company accounts right? 924 24
- What can my client claim r & d on? 149 4
- P11D Dispensation 140 2
- Extracting funds from a failing Company 373 7
- R&D tax credit claim 89 1
- Invoice Help 412 11
- CGT 82 2
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 301 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,068 28
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 412 9
- Class 2 National Insurance contributions 387 6
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 95 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,536 55
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,586 21
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 142 1
- I have missing sales invoices 392 5
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 557
- Cancelled 322
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 320
- Cancelled 269
- Married woman dies owning marital home 231
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 230
- Probiz 217
- CIS Deductions 171
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 166
- Car leasing scheme 149