RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 678 24
- Renting for military reasons 106 2
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 68 2
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 43 3
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 235 7
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,449 18
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 155 8
- Accounting for a finance lease 84 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,525 39
- Moneysoft Payroll Windows 8.1 Woes - Help! 1,017 18
- SA302's anyone?? 451 15
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 91 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 98 1
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 214 3
- do i pay vat when buying a business 478 25
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,967 30
- Tax status of prizes 304 17
- Clogged Losses 241 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 306 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 251 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,612
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 893
- International interest certificate 503
- NOVA 366
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 276
- Bonus Bonds 257
- Management expenses for investment company 256
- Help with tax codes on Sage 204
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 168
- tax on apprenticeship income 160