RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 313 7
- Entrepreneurs relief/ Company Secretary 32 1
- Invoice factoring 160 7
- old client has come out of the woodwork 207 2
- Scoot 353 7
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 426 3
- paye scheme very used 216 3
- Operating lease 110 4
- Gifting shares 100 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 258 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 510 8
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 833 25
- Disclosure query 146 3
- Auto enrolment 295 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 277 6
- LLP Accounts format 101 1
- A question about share structure 90 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 224 3
- Top slicing relief question 179 2
- Share swap 198 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,468
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 789
- Any views 717
- HMRC Employers Diary 536
- International interest certificate 433
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 402
- Sale of business 363
- NOVA 270
- Advertising services? 265
- IRIS Open Books problem 262