RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 72 2
- Overlap profit 277 6
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 282 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,040 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 78 1
- Payments on account 134 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 33 1
- What do your junior staff do? 488 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 593 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 368 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 510 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 112 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,903 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 303 3
- On the high seas 96 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 133 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 853 34
- Payroll question 140 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,918 106
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 236 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 846
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 442
- Sanzar 337
- How do you do it 332
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 289
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 204
- Fit for purpose 199
- new investor structure 195
- VAT Registration 178