RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- What do you all do in your spare time? 623 28
- Accountants website 311 4
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 44 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 87 1
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 332 9
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,389 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 204 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 391 6
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 149 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 195 2
- VAT on employee loan 246 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 181 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 709 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 147 1
- Purchased Goodwill 122 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 79 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 100 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 211 4
- Recruitment agencies 588 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 524 20
- New Fangled Penalties 1,079
- Moving away from CCH software 930
- QROP pension input amounts 424
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 337
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 263
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 236
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 211
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189