RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- The importance of Grammar 554 16
- Directors loan balance write off in period 358 18
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 68 3
- Education - Pre made assembly! 171 2
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 225 8
- Childcare 193 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,426 52
- VAT Reverse Charge Accounting 162 4
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 137 2
- Sole Trader 283 6
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 461 7
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 428 19
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 1,179 14
- Freelance Accounting link 207 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 141 4
- Hannah's blog post about fish 661 6
- Is this dodgy? 633 15
- App recommendations 541 6
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 127 1
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 241 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 354
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 285
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 271
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 270
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 257
- Electric Car 214
- S222 Charge 196
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 185
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 183
- Company Structure 164