RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 980 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 225 2
- Dental practice incorpration 100 1
- Audit rules 144 4
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 216 5
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 796 20
- Go Cardless 254 8
- business entertaining deductibility 110 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 107 2
- R & D 99 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 67 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 104 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 141 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 129 1
- New Business Registration 208 5
- Hosted email exchange 124 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 143 1
- G P life time allowance 113 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 368 11
- Bringing money to Uk 213 3
- Xtuple 500
- Qtac payroll for bureau 333
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 277
- Industrial & Provident Societies 274
- Mehjoo 219
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 216
- New strategic report 169
- Domain name sale and limited company 156
- South African Government Pension 152
- CIS schemes 146