RTI and directors - can anyone spot a flaw in this plan?
I am a sole practitioner and within my client base there are 35 payrolls where only directors are on the payroll. Currently I send out a monthly payslip, which has proved useful in the past as it means directors know exactly where they stand. Nonetheless in the past 3 months 3 clients have informed me of some PAYE work they've had outside their limited companies. In 2012-13, no problem - just re-jig the salaries. But this would clearly not work in 2013-14 if submissions had already been made.
I want to keep my fees unchanged but feel going to just one payroll run in March 2014 is a bridge too far, also would cause problems for those clients who sail close to the wind on their loan accounts. It seems that, as at present with "no PAYE due" submissions, we'll need to do something every quarter to keep the PAYE record alive.
So my plan is to run a payroll process - and send out a payslip - in week 11,24,37 and 50. In other words, once a quarter halfway through the last month in the quarter. As with everything I do, all clients will be informed about this in advance and offered the option to choose a different approach.
Please see if you can spot problems with this, all criticisms welcome.
- BrightPay 661 22
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 389 1
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 216 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 413 8
- Abolish the penalty regime 155 4
- Gift or Capital Gain? 363 11
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 363 8
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 345 8
- SDLT on leases 124 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 370 7
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 935 26
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 296 4
- IHT Query 173 3
- Statutary sick pay 209 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 302 4
- Director Salary 363 2
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 303 7
- Capital Gain? 435 11
- Reversing out RTI 230 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 314 9
- Possible Partnership? 449
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 427
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 417
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 220
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 216
- Clubs and Taxable Income 210
- Income tax on foreign dividends 198
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 196
- New Fangled Penalties 186
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 162