RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- Corporation Tax Software 390 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 75 1
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 27 1
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,002 14
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 663 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 80 1
- Auto enrolment 122 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 126 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 90 4
- Regular Director bonus 439 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 144 1
- Registration as self-employed 127 1
- BrightPay 1,090 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 529 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 345 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,107 17
- BIK for an electric car 163 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,628 90
- How do I save face? 2,366 14
- Goodie bag 3,101 72
- Possible Partnership? 689
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 513
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 334
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 275
- Moving away from CCH software 264
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 255
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207