RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- Direct payment schene 27 2
- Capital introduction 52 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 988 26
- Classes 2 and 4 NI for sole trader also employed 65 2
- Rogue Accountant 1,132 35
- Property sale split between years 180 6
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 261 8
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,122 36
- CIS Deductions 278 8
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 164 4
- sole trader to ltd company 138 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 321 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 259 7
- Dual taxation - usa 186 2
- My house has fallen down 507 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 120 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 286 10
- Inheritance Tax Advice 132 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 133 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 572 8
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 642
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 405
- Pensions Regulator 379
- RTI - duplicate employee record 326
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 324
- Using the correct forms 299
- SA penalty proposals 298
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 278
- Digital marketing focus group 198
- Sage Vat return box 2 191