RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,086 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 148 3
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 176 4
- Cash injection by shareholder 64 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,457 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 258 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 283 4
- PRR 199 11
- corp tax software 340 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 457 7
- Which tax box 180 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 103 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 221 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 202 6
- References for clients 193 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 107 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 136 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 460
- National Insurance 358
- Non Resident 275
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 167
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 138