RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 555 13
- Vat threshold issues 82 2
- Growing pains 351 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 230 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 56 1
- Consequential loss claim 106 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 186 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 114 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 100 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 327 5
- private to company car? 179 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 947 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 577 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 140 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 222 1
- Partner with an IVA 164 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 588 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 415 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 307 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 231 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 457
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 301
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 282
- Pre incorp expenses 272
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 242
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176