RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- Fee base v staff ratio 250 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 142 2
- Cash basis 413 11
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,835 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 306 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 214 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 72 1
- Investor exit 183 3
- Partially exempt? 359 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 118 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 393 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,211 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 372 4
- Statutory sick pay 235 3
- Overseas bank interest 223 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 166 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 363 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 225 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 319 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,960 589
- Skandia using wrong address 555
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 299
- Employee rewards 283
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 260
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 248
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 236
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 220
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 145