RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 141 1
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 150 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 52 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 246 6
- CIS 80 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 599 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 104 1
- Really?! 687 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 285 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 171 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 448 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 889 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 273 4
- Car Purchase 134 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 165 7
- IR35 122 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,932 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 287 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,267 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,582 9
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 437
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 415
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 352
- Costly Accounting Software contract 305
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 250
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 221
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201