RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,176 52
- Window Comb Binder Cover 150 3
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 88 1
- client can't/won't pay 397 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 149 6
- AIA 147 4
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 243 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 255 9
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 284 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,180 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 245 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 193 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 548 26
- HMRC SA software error? 150 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 170 2
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 266 14
- Drive off and Wastage expenses - No supp doc 203 6
- Treatment of income for sole trader 171 2
- wave software 135 1
- Freelance software consultant 341 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 786
- Copy Wanted 500
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 456
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 453
- Latest phishing scam 287
- Entrepreneurs' relief 273
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 270
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 250
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 240
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 237