RTI - EPS submission dates
I thought it may be handy to have a summary of when Employer Payment Summaries (EPS) can be submitted under RTI as there is I believe a quirk in the system to do with nil EPS submissions.
I believe they can be submitted on the following dates:
Advise HMRC of a statutory payment recovery, CIS, etc - can be submitted up to the 19th of the following month it relates to. For example you wish to reduce the June tax month (6/6 to 5/7) liability the EPS must be sent by 19th July.
This means that effectively you have from 20th of the month to 19th to send the EPS. For example for June tax month you would have to report from 20th June to 19th July as anything submitted before 19th June would relate to the May tax month (to 5th June).
Advise HMRC of NIL EPS:
You must submit an EPS and indicate no payment is due after the end, but within 14 days of, the end of the tax month.
For example, if you didn't pay anyone for the tax month June (between 6 June and 5 July) you should send the EPS between 6 July and 19 July.
Is this correct?
I have seen this before on this site but it is buried somewhere in other threads as I have tried searching.
As an aside I find it an issue with this system that you have to submit these reports in these periods (especially the small window for a nil EPS) as we process some payrolls say on 10th May but we will have to wait until after 19th May before we could send a EPS (if applicable). The HMRC system should pick up a specified month from a report you make.
- P800 problems again 157 2
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 203 1
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 730 16
- Servicing AE fees 212 3
- FRS 101 Software 364 1
- VAT on farm machinery sold 293 6
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 591 9
- proper link to login to HMRC online services 156 1
- Can I sell my own equipment to my business? 107 1
- When to register or not for PAYE 552 12
- Software for Accounts layout 298 5
- Seeking advice: With recruitment agencies for temporary placements, is VAT taken off the whole sum received from the client, or just what the company retains? 260 6
- Directors Loan Account Question 488 13
- Invoicing for monthly clients 515 10
- VAT B2B EU service - curious 149 1
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 1,192 41
- Flat Rate VAT 267 8
- Practice software 1,207 17
- Starting your response in the subject line of the form 330 7
- Redundancy pay 334 9
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 310
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 300
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 276
- French ConnectionUK 243
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 220
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 206
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 205
- APN's 189
- Job costing 162
- Tax surcharge appeal - where to send ? 142