RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,768 27
- Value pricing 240 9
- Undeclared Self Employment 1,562 12
- Audit Required 114 3
- company secretarial software 146 2
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 154 3
- Elective DeductionsModel 65 1
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 188 1
- Rental Income 302 6
- Payroll 2012/13 109 1
- I have a pain 697 6
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 89 1
- convert directors loan account to share capital 180 5
- Anyone else seen incorrect tax code notices - rather worring! 736 17
- Belated VAT Exception Application 125 3
- Cash flow 149 2
- New use of home - simplified method 254 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 270 5
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 402 13
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,959 32
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 734
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 501
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 348
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 342
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 265
- VAT on Gaming Machines 215
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 201
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 187
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 179
- Director Loan account operation 150