RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 176 8
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 431 6
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 850 12
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 97 3
- Client right to working papers 1,523 11
- vat gross margins 180 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 163 4
- e mail 111 1
- Auto enrolment 573 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,347 6
- VAT on new build property 144 2
- Auto enrolment 293 9
- SAGE 50 2011 134 1
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 183 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,627 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,862 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 195 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 894 18
- 1st year reporting under FRS 102 - Property revaluation 257 5
- IFA giving dodgy advice? 400 9
- NHS finance professionals 667
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 410
- Foreign Pension Contribution 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 364
- vat gross profit percentage margins 356
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 348
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 309
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 273
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 235
- IFA income recognition & reporting 211