RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 492 18
- Paper tax return 107 4
- Start up allowance? 348 12
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 75 2
- Will I need to resign? 99 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,336 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 230 3
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 165 1
- AIA or IFA 428 7
- Surely not? 429 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 629 9
- Running two businesses from the same premises 361 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 351 7
- Late Registration for VAT 348 11
- Old CGT loss 172 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 262 5
- Nominal Ledger 350 10
- Share structures 145 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,152 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 345 5