RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- When to register or not for PAYE 432 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 69 1
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 76 1
- Any thoughts on Capium? 385 1
- Can criminal action be a defence? 172 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,395 14
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 328 10
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 105 4
- Property pages or self-employed? 95 1
- Income prior to company formation 160 7
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 288 6
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 88 2
- HMRC Security Deposit 535 13
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 375 9
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 248 4
- My friend may have unknowingly participated in a tax avoidance scheme... 925 8
- question 394 3
- VAT underpayment 214 6
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 252 5
- Company Limited by Guarantee 112 1
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 393
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 284
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 258
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 249
- French ConnectionUK 201
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 186
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 185
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 180
- APN's 169
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 144