RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 755 18
- Xerocon 2016 1,138 31
- Website Content 18 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,264 46
- Mortgage Reference 449 5
- Personal Tax 593 12
- New Build 125 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 97 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 123 1
- USA Tax Query 268 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 416 5
- last minute request 619 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 317 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 352 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,716 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 977 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 392 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 632 18
- Corrupt Excel File 695 10
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 2,009 43