RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Tax code for Companies House fees 88 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 187 3
- Company Reorganisation 119 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 618 10
- Employee Loan 158 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 445 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 557 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 91 1
- Wear and tear allowance 438 6
- Accountants' Error 590 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 333 6
- Buying accountancy practice 619 10
- Paperless office 1,071 7
- Accountant Error 382 6
- Auto enrolment 136 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 406 5
- Shareholder agreement 109 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 278 3
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 253 12
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 278 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,441
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 749
- Any views 683
- HMRC Employers Diary 517
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 342
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 242
- IRIS Open Books problem 235