RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Anyone had this problem?? 193 5
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 309 4
- Out of time or not? 243 1
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 2,965 98
- Error or mistake in CT return 102 1
- Solicitor wants to rent room in my office but 233 4
- Statement of Accounts 128 5
- Closing my business down 483 21
- Invoice personally but declare in company? 153 3
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 273 3
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 158 2
- GP's Annual Certificate of Pensionable Profits - Multiple Practices 139 2
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 207 7
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 223 3
- Transfer of Software to sister company 184 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 363 4
- What rent was paid for income tax purposes? 173 1
- CGT history of shares 246 4
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 311 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 411 6
- QROP pension input amounts 461
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 402
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 389
- fraud 313
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 292
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 252
- Construction CIS LLP Company 234
- EPS and CIS deductions 231
- First Choice Final Accounts 182
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 168