RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Car benefit or not? 2,268 20
- Cloud-based email services? 504 11
- HMRC Statements 120 3
- NEST web services & Moneysoft 443 6
- Any update on 2016/17 employer NIC allowance and directors? 48 1
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,030 8
- Class 1A NIC on motorbike fuel 92 5
- Best software for small practice? 68 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 646 10
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 360 7
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 505 12
- VAT and CT issues on splitting of business 239 4
- Goodwill on incorporation low level valuations 122 1
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,136 18
- Land Registry 311 4
- Excel First Tab/Last Tab missing in latest version(s) 381 4
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 635 20
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 579 12
- Time recording 346 5
- Auto enrolment without a PAYE scheme? 163 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 748
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 445
- Costly Accounting Software contract 386
- Directors' advances and credits 296
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 267
- DTA tie-breaker issue 256
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 216
- CGT for NOn UK residents 207
- Apprenticeship Levy 187