RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 437 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,974 39
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,320 17
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,589 23
- VAT & capitalising 117 3
- Final year's accounts 144 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 259 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 290 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 824 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 308 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 234 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 135 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,972 36
- Invoice Help 246 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 178 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 249 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166