RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- flat rate scheme 818 28
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 573 18
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 111 1
- Accountants reference for me?? 236 1
- CIS online 160 3
- Class IV NIC 164 3
- bookkeeping system 194 4
- Company van paid by director 109 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,566 46
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 252 3
- changes to small vat returns after death. 128 3
- Private company division 96 1
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 303 6
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 639 7
- Split year treatment ? 119 1
- How to reward a long standing employee 277 3
- PPR relief - deemed residence? 109 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 209 2
- Windows 7 to 8 should I go Excel or Office 365 250 3
- Special dividends & CGT 311 2