RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 174 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 237 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 349 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 302 9
- Merging my businesses 95 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,534 61
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 98 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,678 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 511 16
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 135 4
- VAT on commercial property 120 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,008 49
- deceased creditor 180 5
- Corporate member of LLP 272 1
- Investment company 264 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 331 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 212 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 366 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 104 1
- Transfer of stock 362 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 779
- RTI - duplicate employee record 531
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 403
- Sage Vat return box 2 305
- Sanzar 302
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 272
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 241
- Report old income 239