RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 97 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 585 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 605 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 63 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 331 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 232 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 215 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 80 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 362 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,377 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 273 5
- NOVA 546 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 258 10
- Regional Development Grant 108 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,368 21
- Company car without a salary 217 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 385 10
- Charity donations 1,062 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 142 2
- VAT on finance leases 198 3
- Bonus Bonds 389
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 376
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 287
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 184
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 168
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 129