RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 647 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 54 1
- cold file reviewer needed 36 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 695 10
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,134 10
- Auto Enrolment - Again I assume 1,363 14
- Companies House iphone app - alternatives? 146 2
- Retained Earnings - loss 207 10
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 145 5
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 93 2
- break even point 848 23
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 406 3
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 643 19
- National Insurance Contributions 190 4
- VAT for Small Property Development Company 166 6
- Limited Company trading status. 87 1
- ANIMAL ADOPTION SCHEME 178 1
- Dividends 144 1
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 395 11
- Easy way to de-register as employer? 209 2
- Possible Partnership? 491
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 467
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 454
- New Fangled Penalties 283
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 248
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 246
- Clubs and Taxable Income 245
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 238
- Loans to other companies 186
- Tasbook email configuration 175