RTI, Moneysoft and paying in arrears
I have a couple of clients who are paid weekly. I go in on the Monday and process the wages for the week before and date the payslip as the previous Friday and they are paid on the Monday.
I have just spoken to Moneysoft and they say that if I submit on the Monday then I will be late because Moneysoft treats the payslip date as the payment date and so I haven't submitted on or before the payment date.
I have spoken to HMRC who say that the payslip date doesn't matter it's the payment date.
I'm getting very confused!
I thought that I might be able to set up Moneysoft to pay in arrears but this doesn't seem possible. I could put the correct hours etc in to the pay week rather than the earned week which would work fine until I have to use the calender for sick pay, since it would put sick pay in the earned week rather than the paid week.
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 181 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 121 3
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,220 17
- Clothing 534 14
- Anybody still doing returns? 766 31
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 182 7
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 356 16
- Designated sole Residence 157 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 731 15
- Anyone know what this is? 274 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 913 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 535 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 276 9
- no utr 306 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,143 49
- Director drawings 611 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 299 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 94 1
- Capital Loss 140 3
- LLP formed in 2013 112 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 956
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 678
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 625
- Latest phishing scam 600
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 440
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 327
- Scratch Head 266
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 258
- Sabbatical payments 219
- Negligible Value Claim 199