RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,877 65
- Tax case refeence request 38 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 759 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 205 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,890 29
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 418 24
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 229 5
- Working out a daily rate 104 5
- Auto enrolment 1,210 13
- Payroll dates 106 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 274 8
- Withholding of tax 81 1
- missing 926 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 151 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 92 1
- are receipts needed? 143 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 512 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 192 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 169 7
- Partnership merger 88 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 869
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 247
- Management expenses for investment company 228
- Bonus Bonds 226
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 216
- Help with tax codes on Sage 169
- Capital reduction 160