RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,634 60
- inheritance tax 539 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 131 5
- HMRC Agents Line 26 1
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 33 1
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 175 10
- pension paid by company? 254 6
- Do I need a smartphone? 582 21
- Charity work 157 8
- SA Agent's Priority Line 114 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 769 24
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 245 3
- Company Director In Prison 300 7
- MAAT vs ACCA 388 7
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,102 28
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 142 5
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 656 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 143 5
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 288 3
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 678 21
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 668
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 486
- Cancelled 419
- Cancelled 359
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 320
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 192