RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Overseas company and VAT 10 1
- Market Value/Connected Persons 201 8
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 89 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 145 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 126 2
- Personal allowance 422 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 462 12
- Scams are not always obvious 698 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 137 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 137 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 101 3
- Related party disclosures 174 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 184 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 92 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 620 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 251 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 257 8
- Is this legal? 627 9
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,998 23
- Cells from many sheets 130 2
- New Fangled Penalties 1,043
- Moving away from CCH software 905
- Recruitment agencies 529
- QROP pension input amounts 412
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 363
- Deemed Employment Payment 346
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 308
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 300
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 221
- fraud 219