RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Opening a Quick books file 159 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 383 15
- P11D Benefits - Accountancy fee for Directors personal tax 226 2
- cash the returned VAT cheque 210 1
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 225 1
- Remote subcontractors - due diligence 232 1
- Confict of Interest 330 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 247 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 108 3
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 342 5
- P11d query 275 5
- Rental expenses 79 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 149 5
- No more tax returns... 1,549 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 424 6
- Signed accounts for bank 314 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 482 10
- Landing clients 441 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,162 22
- Termination Payment 233 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 989
- Calling franchise accountants 841
- Avanti Accounts 807
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 571
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 485
- Scammers 474
- MERGER ACCA MEMBER WITH ICAEW FIRM 426
- Potential new client 406
- HMRC online filing 367
- Anyone offering Probate Services yet? 198