RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Can an owner hold company money 308 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 299 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 219 6
- Class 2 NIC 269 5
- Probate services 427 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 386 7
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,704 37
- Vat payable on van 152 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,829 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 242 7
- Community Faux Pas 931 26
- Cash gift from India 142 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,310 40
- Windows10 196 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 625 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 475 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 241 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 393 6
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 872 5
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 797 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 691
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 305
- VAT 258
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 218
- Is the APN valid 196