RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Profitable company wanting to buy an office 42 1
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 48 3
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 362 21
- Use of home for storage 284 6
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 274 10
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 736 15
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,208 21
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 329 4
- VAT on stock sold at a loss 168 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 9,049 338
- Commercial property rental on disincorporation 56 1
- property rental income split 221 2
- Payments on account coded out?? 283 1
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 329 9
- Mortgage deposit Gift 391 17
- What should I do for 'free' 589 6
- Declined for business bank account 492 7
- Negativer Payslip Request 253 3
- Family loan 1,223 16
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 153 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,178
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 398
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 311
- National Insurance 305
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 258
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 231
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 230
- Non Resident 215
- Franchise income and costs 199
- Hands on experience of Digita 139