RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Value pricing 31 2
- convert directors loan account to share capital 121 4
- New use of home - simplified method 179 4
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 250 5
- company secretarial software 68 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 81 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 318 13
- Rental Income 248 3
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,926 32
- Share restructure 322 12
- Liquidation of Subsiduary 139 4
- Unknown cash receipt 1,788 14
- P11d error 419 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 162 1
- Associated companies 109 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 498 8
- Paperless office question 193 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 419 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 944 5
- Stock Valuation 133 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 724
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 494
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 337
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 331
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 261
- growth voucher supplier 232
- VAT on Gaming Machines 207
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 196
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 179
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 171