RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- VAT Invoice 266 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 119 1
- Cash in Hand 216 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 217 5
- are receipts needed? 650 17
- SA302's anyone?? 635 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 342 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 174 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 362 12
- Busines software 205 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 226 6
- Converting a barn for business use 193 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 327 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 336 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 358 3
- Bookkeping software 746 7
- Clogged Losses 295 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 292 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 677 10
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 339
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 188
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 173
- P11D benefit received by widow 171