RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 726 36
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,086 15
- CGT on spouse's death 251 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 455 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 54 2
- Starting Again 254 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 619 19
- CT101 Completion 127 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 50 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 144 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 269 6
- P11D Software 774 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 201 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 267 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 392 10
- Payroll software 187 4
- Company UTR numbers 305 6
- Summer house for business only 150 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 126 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 164 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 596
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 581
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 381
- Pensions Regulator 347
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 284
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 251
- RTI - duplicate employee record 240
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216