RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Freelance software consultant 257 3
- Tax Penalty overeaction 469 8
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 130 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 144 1
- opening balamces 322 11
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 705 35
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 280 4
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 700 18
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 93 2
- payroo 190 3
- Which P45 to Use 266 3
- Auto enrolment 1,585 25
- PCP Car purchase 142 2
- New Boiler at Rental Property 134 1
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 91 1
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 156 3
- losses carried forward 290 7
- No UTR 257 2
- Daft state pension question 326 5
- E-signature on paper tax return 166 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 770
- Copy Wanted 482
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 446
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 443
- Latest phishing scam 269
- Entrepreneurs' relief 256
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 254
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 239
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 219
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 217