RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 190 6
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 812 23
- Umbrella or limited company? 25 1
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 233 4
- Industrial and Provident Society Accounts Format 53 1
- Excel query 211 6
- Payment on account penalties 198 5
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 380 16
- New supplier 205 4
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 348 6
- Buying a horse?? 470 14
- Year End Bank Position 53 1
- Accounting software integration with self assessment 98 2
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 288 8
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 122 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,084 15
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 186 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 74 1
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,378 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 580 9
- CTA study material 812
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 501
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 469
- Employment related securities question 328
- AIM Stocks and IHT 314
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 244
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162