RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- VAT flat rate scheme 173 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 250 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 231 4
- Client information from previous accountant 73 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 92 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 77 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 361 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 132 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,658 31
- PAYE NI 112 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 116 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 821 14
- How much to charge? 701 10
- break even point 1,006 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 179 5
- Accomodation and travel 206 1
- Unpaid Fee's 354 6
- Issue with a software supplier 241 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 315 5
- Possible Partnership? 514
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 495
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 469
- New Fangled Penalties 309
- Clubs and Taxable Income 260
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 251
- Loans to other companies 193
- Tasbook email configuration 186
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 169