RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Growing pains 344 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 223 14
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 534 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 36 1
- Consequential loss claim 101 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 181 5
- Vat threshold issues 52 1
- ATT Annual Return Problems 110 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 98 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 324 5
- private to company car? 165 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 941 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 575 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 130 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 207 1
- Partner with an IVA 161 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 577 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 412 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 297 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 229 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 455
- CTA study material 415
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 300
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 279
- Pre incorp expenses 270
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 240
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 231
- Slight twist on employment related securities 207
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 176