RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Entrepreneurs Relief 766 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 49 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 364 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 484 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 445 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 603 12
- More AE! 642 14
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 72 1
- IT advisory questions? 102 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 91 4
- PAYE 1,589 17
- Scanners 87 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,102 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 112 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 109 3
- Invoice dispute 590 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 263 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 422 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 99 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 138 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,141
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 479
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 259
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 220
- Director phone costs 219
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 192
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 164
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 162