RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Not renewing AAT 600 8
- Self-assessment statistics 2,399 56
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,690 51
- New dividend taxation 308 2
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 94 1
- Company car v company allowance 202 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 423 9
- Company formation and bank account 351 9
- Next Move 627 18
- Owning overseas property 296 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 279 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 209 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 680 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 627 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 235 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 408 8
- OneNote is fantastic 560 11
- VAT Direct Debit 381 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 470 8
- Self Assessment Software 702 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 664
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 405
- Property letting & CAs 396
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 391
- 2015 tax year end 388
- FCA regulated company in a small group 344
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 306
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 238
- DTA tie-breaker issue 209
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204