RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Cocaine anyone? 73 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,453 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 795 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 420 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 237 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 306 11
- Tax return software for remote working 460 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 497 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 415 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 440 9
- How to purchase business premises? 140 2
- Will I need to resign? 805 10
- Childcare vouchers 155 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 271 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 295 6
- VAT avoidance? 218 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 182 3
- PAYE coding out 178 3
- Follower cases 573 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 451 2
- Hive up 468
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 436
- corporate hierarchy 415
- Advice - 243
- Amortisation of Goodwill 214
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 202
- WWOOFers 197
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 178
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 175
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 172