RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 34 2
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 21 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 554 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 621 5
- Claiming VAT on car lease 370 26
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 65 2
- Freelance/Employee 609 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 137 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 286 6
- Is it just me ... 178 5
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 112 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 255 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 80 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 320 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 117 1
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 208 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,460 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 102 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 347 14
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,163 27
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 738
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 177
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 161
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153