RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 129 6
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 546 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 240 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 83 1
- Tax Return Deadlines 159 3
- Foreign income for self employed 100 1
- tax credits 52 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 438 18
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 54 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 594 18
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 40 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 481 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 222 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 214 7
- Musician deductible expenses 88 1
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 97 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 280 8
- Flat rate vat error 342 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 543 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 849
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 296
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 221
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 215
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151