RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- VAT on Part Contribution towards Safety Boots 156 12
- Landlord probs - IHT, CGT and cashflow 412 11
- Small Business Payroll 135 7
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 364 4
- RTI - are HMRC picking any numbers? 166 2
- Sample wording for fair usage terms 138 1
- Director resignation 598 13
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 148 4
- CIS Contractor 89 2
- Company oversea and VAT 145 6
- Relevant Life Insurance 156 4
- VAT on unused stock 205 2
- Bank stream and receipt bank advice... 190 2
- Payslip Count in Sage 50 Payroll 164 2
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,614 6
- WIP Software 380 1
- C79 and VAT Paid to Parcelforce 108 1
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 221 9
- Dividend Waiver 257 5
- effective advertising 522 10
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 498
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 473
- No payroll scheme in place 315
- Is there anything wrong with this? 269
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 262
- Uncommercial property business 234
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 201
- SA Penalty 198
- Registering online CWF1 178
- Accrued income scheme 176