RTI - recording director's hours
Like most small to medium practices we have a lot of limited companies where the directors take minimal salaries.
One of the new bits of information now required on payrolls is the contracted/usual hours for each employee / directors.
The dilemma I have (based on trying to second guess what HMRC will be looking at) is;
1. Do we record the directors contracted/normal hours (how many directors have contracts as such??) meaning that they are receiving lower than the minimum wage - I would think the answer is a definite NO here
2. Do we put say 15 hours per week? But this would mean that most would still receive an hourly rate well below a commercial level. Also what if the directors working hours could be proved, say they are a private doctor?
3. Do we say the hours are not known and just put a 0 in the relevant box.
Are HMRC bothered about this? If they are which of the above options are more likely to cause 'issues'?
I would appreciate your thoughts on this
PS. I'm sure most of you are sufficiently client focused, but please no answers like 'they should already be paid the commercial rate'.
- What does it mean?? 326 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 283 13
- VAT on motor expenses 886 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 75 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 56 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,703 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,298 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 84 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 136 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 157 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 187 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 153 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 740 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 385 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 203 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 328 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 109 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 390 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 92 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 326 15
- Skandia using wrong address 1,546
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 852
- International interest certificate 469
- NOVA 327
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 229
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 217
- Bonus Bonds 208
- Management expenses for investment company 206
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 199
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 186