RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 220 7
- Where has Portia gone? 1,693 64
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 362 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 263 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 210 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 171 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 101 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 191 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 388 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 333 9
- Merging my businesses 135 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,724 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 517 16
- VAT on commercial property 146 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,045 49
- deceased creditor 207 5
- Corporate member of LLP 278 1
- Investment company 273 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 345 1
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 536
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 307
- Sanzar 305
- Digital marketing focus group 288
- How do you do it 279
- Portia ... Where art thou 264
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 259