RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 266 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 634 21
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 137 1
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 554 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 634 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,247 45
- practice planning 172 3
- Accounts Software 718 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 502 14
- Dividend Vouchers 385 5
- Gift to employee 419 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 170 3
- MS Surface Pro 3 165 2
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,125 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 192 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 164 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,679 10
- Which address 1,087 12
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,540 17
- R&D tax claim 272 7
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 490
- CTA study material 470
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 341
- Pre incorp expenses 327
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 277
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 267
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 215
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 171
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 144
- Employment related securities question 130