RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- SA302 209 3
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 136 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 207 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 277 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 120 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 904 25
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 222 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 126 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 258 7
- New Email Extensions 146 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 1,106 56
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 278 2
- Dental practice incorpration 129 1
- Audit rules 167 4
- Go Cardless 283 8
- business entertaining deductibility 150 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 185 2
- R & D 110 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 93 1
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 173 1
- Xtuple 502
- Qtac payroll for bureau 337
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 284
- Industrial & Provident Societies 278
- Mehjoo 223
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 221
- New strategic report 173
- Domain name sale and limited company 160
- South African Government Pension 159
- CIS schemes 155