RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- GP - Do I have to provide tax advice 72 2
- Group Audits 105 1
- VAT Invoice 274 7
- VAT on sale of an Asset 135 1
- Cash in Hand 233 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 224 5
- are receipts needed? 652 17
- SA302's anyone?? 640 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 349 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 180 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 368 12
- Busines software 220 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 228 6
- Converting a barn for business use 196 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 329 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 339 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 507 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 364 3
- Bookkeping software 749 7
- Clogged Losses 297 5
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 913
- International interest certificate 527
- NOVA 376
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 341
- Management expenses for investment company 280
- Bonus Bonds 279
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 189
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 178
- EXACT ONLINE 174
- P11D benefit received by widow 171