RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- The importance of Grammar 1,279 37
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 98 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,339 37
- Profit split from an investment property 132 5
- VAT - How hard is it? 691 25
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 82 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 262 6
- tax saving on card points 226 6
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 906 14
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 249 9
- Scissors 859 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 431 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 442 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 230 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 116 2
- Xero Pain Points 496 17
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 335 8
- VAT and Groups 83 2
- Post Budget Disincorporations 1,948 13
- VAT & Offshore Companies 223 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 369
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 305
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 294
- Electric Car 248
- S222 Charge 217
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 213
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 200
- Company Structure 193
- VAT and customer entertaining 175