RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Benefit in Kind 333 7
- Help with CGT please 115 3
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 587 21
- How much does the company pay 143 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 895 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,483 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 153 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 319 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 329 17
- Will I need to resign? 963 11
- Cocaine anyone? 695 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 264 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 180 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 210 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 185 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 742 13
- Personal pension 462 9
- Business rates consultancy 279 4
- Wrong tax code 209 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 128 2
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 480
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 303
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 196
- Cocaine anyone? 180