RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 68 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,742 179
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 208 11
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 548 6
- First VAT Visit for client 53 1
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 99 3
- capital gains on PPR 1,420 21
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 273 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 226 14
- Incorporation Relief 89 1
- What type of Trust? 142 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 131 5
- OBK 585 19
- Instant CPD offer 130 2
- Dividend in specie 128 2
- Investor exit 105 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 163 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 78 1
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,753 26
- Sage error message 154 2
- Skandia using wrong address 467
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 208
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 207
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 192
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 154