RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 83 1
- Invoice Help 206 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 122 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 207 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 196 3
- Sorry ignore me 879 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 547 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,918 35
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,231 12
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 150 12
- Errors in prior year accounts 784 20
- VAT & capitalising 71 1
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 304 5
- Free Shares ? 235 2
- Is this a scam? 549 7
- Rental property: expenses when up for sale and not let 293 7
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 272 6
- Purchase of freehold by flat management company 149 1
- Peer to Peer lending 863 9
- VAT B2B V's Reverse Charge 103 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 621
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 530
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 292
- Cancelled 284
- Cancelled 243
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 189
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 188
- Probiz 169
- What's the market like for temps? 164
- Married woman dies owning marital home 162