RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 298 6
- What do you all do in your spare time? 520 25
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 131 6
- Tax implications on building an 'office' 172 2
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 280 7
- VAT on employee loan 238 2
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 152 3
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 689 18
- Partial PPR relief to non-resident after 05 Apr 2015 144 1
- Purchased Goodwill 69 1
- Accounting Package for Projects 62 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 73 1
- Are accountants keeping up with the pace of change? 184 4
- Recruitment agencies 577 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 510 20
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 194 4
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 262 9
- HMRC RANT!!!! 456 8
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,367 19
- Scams are not always obvious 2,010 33
- New Fangled Penalties 1,072
- Moving away from CCH software 925
- QROP pension input amounts 423
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 370
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 334
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 309
- fraud 259
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 235
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 206
- Construction CIS LLP Company 189