RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,997 32
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 131 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 274 4
- Value pricing 688 24
- Reregister for VAT 121 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 194 6
- Weely paid employees 241 3
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 130 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 458 11
- Director's tax return 268 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 205 6
- Wrong career 467 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 134 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 278 7
- Laptop purchase 1,381 20
- PTP software disaster 268 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 226 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 100 2
- Tricky VAT question 183 1
- VT accounts licence key 272 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 794
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 549
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 414
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 264
- Director Loan account operation 244
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159