RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 112 7
- Settlement discount 80 4
- Homing sandwiches 399 10
- CT600 63 2
- signature required 463 21
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 493 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 164 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 155 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 102 2
- Pratice Management Software 70 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 195 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 111 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 180 2
- Related Party Transactions 106 2
- UK resident receiving USA pension 96 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 465 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 756 13
- More AE! 761 17
- Web sites 247 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 608 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,235
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 515
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 187
- TheTax Donut 178
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 156