RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- break even point 331 10
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 712 17
- Setting up an offshore company 185 2
- Payroll software 297 12
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 60 1
- Sage Line 50 Help 32 1
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 248 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 376 20
- Rip off letting agents 574 12
- VAT silly question 2,110 44
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 54 1
- client issues 126 2
- Automatic Enrolment Letter code 142 3
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 284 7
- Profit split on buy-to let 163 2
- BrightPay 456 12
- Question for FreeAgent users 201 6
- Hello there 491 4
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,713 41
- Overseas travel 174 2