RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- VAT on new build property 192 3
- HMRC - Online services - Anyone else having problems ? 136 2
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,227 23
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 360 5
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 117 1
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 496 15
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,196 22
- Insurance provider not VAT registered so Out of Scope ? 279 9
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 149 1
- . 257 4
- 31st october deadline 264 5
- Ltd Co / Summer House 219 1
- Client right to working papers 1,699 16
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,446 7
- wills 293 3
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 265 5
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 284 5
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,159 18
- HMRC Online Services Problems 507 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 462 12
- NHS finance professionals 688
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 418
- Foreign Pension Contribution 387
- vat gross profit percentage margins 375
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 375
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 365
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 319
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 294
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 257
- IFA income recognition & reporting 217