RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 117 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 439 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 427 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 236 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 237 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 190 1
- Share transfer question 311 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 541 10
- The stupidity continues 117 2
- New Employers Helpline 141 3
- Overlap relief 729 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,313 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 200 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 194 4
- VAT Query 198 2
- Sacked my first client 676 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 260 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,275 24
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 625 11
- Trades and deadlines 165 3
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 427
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 422
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 190
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172