RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Networking 248 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,189 33
- VAT refund 242 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 240 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 273 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 76 1
- incorrect old p60 493 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 207 2
- Turnover on a tax return 397 9
- IT Contractor 270 1
- Sage instant account codes 156 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 253 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,957 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 324 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 293 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 413 4
- Inflation and fees 1,428 24