RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Investment from Friend 187 10
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 930 39
- Receipt bank 348 8
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 637 24
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 45 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 487 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 156 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 343 4
- Company dividends 549 15
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 190 5
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 89 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,181 15
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 169 2
- TRONC scheme 106 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 714 13
- Capital Gains Relief 165 5
- client can't/won't pay 1,615 29
- Identity check problem 1,273 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 217 3
- Business Set up cost 116 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 881
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 582
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 545
- Latest phishing scam 479
- Entrepreneurs' relief 427
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 351
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 325
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 249
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 247
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 171