RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,545 428
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,187 61
- Cash injection by shareholder 177 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 233 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 391 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,371 43
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 270 5
- 40% rule for travel expenses 206 1
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 328 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 277 8
- PRR 292 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 193 3
- corp tax software 364 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 452 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 476 7
- Which tax box 195 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 156 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 271 3
- References for clients 239 2
- Direct Debit - no receipts 181 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,300
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 465
- National Insurance 361
- Non Resident 283
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 174
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 152
- CIS paid under reg 9 145