RTI - Is a split FPS possible
We have a few clients where we run part of the payroll and the client runs the remainder. This is usually we run the directors element the clients run the ‘shop floor’ staff. We use Sage payroll.
Originally, Sage told us we could run a split payroll i.e. we submit one EPS and the client another FPS. The only provisio was that only one EAS could be made.
I therefore took a data backup and submitted an EAS from our office which worked fine. However, I noticed that each employee has now been assigned a unique RTI reference number. As this reference number is different on our machine and the clients machine I again contacted Sage to confirm we could perform a split submission. They have now said you can’t undertake a split submission and everything has to be submitted from one machine.
The notes provided by HMRC seem to suggest you can undertake a split submission.
Also Sage say everyone needs to make an EAS; HMRC say only large payroll's need to?????
- calculation DTR restriction 107 2
- R&D tax credit claim 548 8
- Agent help line - long queues? 38 2
- Employee and subcontractor 123 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,746 40
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 144 2
- What are options for non CA firm 3,077 66
- Incorporated when they should not have 338 10
- Accounts Software 256 10
- SMP reclaimable by employer 136 2
- Company Director In Prison 511 12
- Flat rate VAT 169 3
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,421 23
- Deduction from Salary 866 23
- National insurance contributions 127 1
- AWeb - download file 226 4
- Director Drawings 271 6
- Accountancy Career 376 5
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 161 1
- HMRC Agents Line 252 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 687
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 534
- Cancelled 431
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 363
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 330
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 219
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 206