RTI - What do they mean no P46?
I got 2 standard HMRC letters this morning about RTI - I'm sure you did, or will, too.
They are saying we shouldn't transmit details of P45/P46 online when RTI up and running.
They seem to imply that P46 will no longer be necessary. For new people without P45, I consider it essential that they fill in some sort of declaration to enable us to work out their starting tax code.
Maybe I've just misunderstood it all. Can anyone explain what we do if we aren't going to use a P46?
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 164 3
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 981 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 80 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 27 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,369 422
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 289 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 57 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 274 1
- References for clients 89 1
- corp tax software 285 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 178 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 149 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 553 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 342 16
- Is this fraud? 557 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 93 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 280 4
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 106 1
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 162 4
- Naming new company 327 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,290
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 161
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 144
- CIS paid under reg 9 133