RTI - What do they mean no P46?
I got 2 standard HMRC letters this morning about RTI - I'm sure you did, or will, too.
They are saying we shouldn't transmit details of P45/P46 online when RTI up and running.
They seem to imply that P46 will no longer be necessary. For new people without P45, I consider it essential that they fill in some sort of declaration to enable us to work out their starting tax code.
Maybe I've just misunderstood it all. Can anyone explain what we do if we aren't going to use a P46?
- Resigning as only director 1,024 9
- What's the plural? 487 11
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 519 6
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,753 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 448 5
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 256 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,228 26
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 154 10
- Loan interest rental property 91 2
- Opinions and advice needed 116 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 58 1
- Accounting Crew 560 12
- Complete business outside UK 57 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 329 15
- Goodwill receipt 303 7
- Sage training course 275 8
- Self Employed travel 280 6
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 412 9
- hourly rate for employee compared with freelancer 212 3
- Overdue VAT returns 282 6
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 564
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 282
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 275
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 242
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 211
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 198