RTI - What do they mean no P46?
I got 2 standard HMRC letters this morning about RTI - I'm sure you did, or will, too.
They are saying we shouldn't transmit details of P45/P46 online when RTI up and running.
They seem to imply that P46 will no longer be necessary. For new people without P45, I consider it essential that they fill in some sort of declaration to enable us to work out their starting tax code.
Maybe I've just misunderstood it all. Can anyone explain what we do if we aren't going to use a P46?
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 143 4
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 159 2
- Next Move 697 20
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 141 2
- Self-assessment statistics 2,451 58
- Not renewing AAT 663 9
- CGT of shares gifted 374 6
- New dividend taxation 460 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,782 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 141 1
- Company car v company allowance 263 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 436 9
- Company formation and bank account 416 9
- Owning overseas property 327 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 289 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 263 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 706 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 704 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 264 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 433 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 666
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 409
- Property letting & CAs 397
- 2015 tax year end 394
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 393
- FCA regulated company in a small group 346
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 318
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 239
- DTA tie-breaker issue 210
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 204