RTI - What do they mean no P46?
I got 2 standard HMRC letters this morning about RTI - I'm sure you did, or will, too.
They are saying we shouldn't transmit details of P45/P46 online when RTI up and running.
They seem to imply that P46 will no longer be necessary. For new people without P45, I consider it essential that they fill in some sort of declaration to enable us to work out their starting tax code.
Maybe I've just misunderstood it all. Can anyone explain what we do if we aren't going to use a P46?
- Accounts Software 173 6
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 2,362 22
- Accountancy Career 335 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,702 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 103 1
- HMRC Agents Line 220 4
- calculation DTR restriction 95 1
- Company Director In Prison 466 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 90 1
- AWeb - download file 185 3
- Charity work 251 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 271 6
- Director Drawings 195 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 278 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 241 7
- Collection or business assets 118 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 277 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 734 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 110 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 685
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 523
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 204