RTI - What do they mean no P46?
I got 2 standard HMRC letters this morning about RTI - I'm sure you did, or will, too.
They are saying we shouldn't transmit details of P45/P46 online when RTI up and running.
They seem to imply that P46 will no longer be necessary. For new people without P45, I consider it essential that they fill in some sort of declaration to enable us to work out their starting tax code.
Maybe I've just misunderstood it all. Can anyone explain what we do if we aren't going to use a P46?
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 143 5
- IHT dilemma 1,356 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 171 1
- IT advisory questions? 135 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 780 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 92 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 394 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 500 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 452 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 614 12
- More AE! 646 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 117 4
- PAYE 1,619 17
- Scanners 99 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,111 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 120 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 119 3
- Invoice dispute 600 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 278 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 425 9
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,147
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 481
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 261
- Director phone costs 222
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 222
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 194
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 179
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147