Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Dress code 38 3
- directors control and tax problems 116 4
- Bulk Invoicing 162 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 189 5
- What would you do in this situation? 508 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 138 3
- Help Required 289 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 228 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 408 14
- What's in a name ? 257 4
- ATED Penalties 265 1
- late second payment on account 161 2
- US royalties 87 2
- Project being run jointly 133 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 179 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 196 3
- Sole trader mix up 298 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 742 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 900 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 211 4
- CTA study material 701
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 424
- Employment related securities question 266
- AIM Stocks and IHT 245
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 198
- Trust for Employee 186
- Expat pension contributions? 184
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 164
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 157
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 118