Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Charitable Company's Accounts 65 2
- Childcare voucher schemes 35 2
- What sectors to target? 112 4
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 20 1
- Director drawings 229 16
- client can't/won't pay 1,848 40
- Interest Relief 152 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 478 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 32 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,567 54
- Rental losses 114 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,564 14
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 289 2
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 144 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 218 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 177 8
- Client forgot to sign paper return and has gone on holidays 537 19
- Child Benefit Higher Income Tax Charge 125 3
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 98 2
- Balancing allowance/charge calculation on cessation of self-employment 61 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 569
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 371
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 178
- Sabbatical payments 169