Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- CT600 17 1
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 146 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 77 2
- signature required 414 18
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 54 4
- Pratice Management Software 26 1
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 176 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 101 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 173 2
- Homing sandwiches 347 9
- Related Party Transactions 98 2
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 146 4
- UK resident receiving USA pension 50 1
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 454 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 750 13
- More AE! 754 17
- Web sites 237 3
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 595 13
- Dispensation 174 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 506 14
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,229
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 810
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 510
- Digita Hosted Software 334
- Credit where credit's due....... 307
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 186
- TheTax Donut 172
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 155
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 155