Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 141 3
- Why should I retain membership? 3,179 53
- Coding Notice 307 7
- Merger of Two companies 267 15
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 71 3
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 279 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 162 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 96 3
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 615 18
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 185 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,420 13
- Residency test 241 5
- IHT dilemma 821 15
- Sum Product - Pulling my hair out! 666 13
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 162 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 378 8
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 3,656 22
- Was there ever a time limit for claiming taper relief? 156 2
- CIC Dividend Cap 246 7
- New business - journal entries 514 23
- Auto enrolment excuses 952
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 735
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 423
- Excuses, excuses!!! 293
- Social investment tax relief 232
- Digita Hosted Software 231
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 220
- Call Centre Data Costs 216
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 197
- Travel costs and contractors 197