Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Capital creditors / cashflow 39 3
- Self-employed 390 12
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,256 28
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,238 13
- Past rental expenses 227 3
- Accountant let me down 229 2
- IHT400 or IHT205 - disagree with solicitor 247 2
- Professional Clearance 262 5
- What do do about VAT? 641 16
- Online Back Up 160 4
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 502 9
- Allowable for Corporation Tax? 552 12
- HMRC Debt collectors 961 5
- A rant - Debt Management units vs PAYE office response times 300 2
- Personal Service Company and Isle of Man 188 1
- Microsoft One Drive 542 18
- VAT commercial property TOGC 135 2
- Audacity 1,480 24
- minority interest discount 231 6
- Seeking advice: Need some help with Company Accounts 676 9
- NHS finance professionals 619
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 398
- Foreign Pension Contribution 367
- vat gross profit percentage margins 341
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 340
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 317
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 284
- Quickbooks online filing of VAT 283
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 241
- IFA income recognition & reporting 203