Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Non-IR35 contractors and travel, since Autumn Statement 200 1
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 552 11
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 29 1
- property capital gains 237 2
- Transferring DLA between Directors 222 1
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,210 13
- Tips on meals 251 2
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 214 3
- Personal Tax 775 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 263 2
- Stumped - IHT 229 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 429 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 494 11
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,305 33
- Credit management tools 174 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 795 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 440 7
- CGT and primary residence 206 1
- Marriage Allowance 312 3
- S455 and February year ends 366 7