Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,465 388
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 121 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 235 13
- P11D Query 179 5
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 172 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 157 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,268 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 547 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 270 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,286 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 138 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 183 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 113 1
- Scottish but not UK 333 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 295 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 267 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 115 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,328 25
- Company Accounts 448 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 115 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 432
- National Insurance 333
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 330
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 249
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 153