Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 154 3
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,088 32
- Giving a seminar 461 27
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 379 16
- deleting customers on Sage 50 83 4
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 59 3
- Flat Rate Scheme 214 12
- Interest on Loan to a Company 235 2
- Writing off bad debts 145 4
- Added years superannuation 17 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 93 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 331 7
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 45 1
- Care to help a student out? 246 9
- Residency 91 day rule 182 1
- New HMRC phone answering method ... 844 12
- Dazed & confused 1,315 9
- Altered PAYE cheque 119 3
- PAYE coding notices 100 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 672 17
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,187
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 598
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 402
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 306
- Agent fees to sell business 185
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 184
- Alphabet shares 182
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 173
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 150
- EBT 148