Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Accountancy Career 327 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,699 39
- Holiday Pay whilst on Mat Leave 93 1
- Accounts Software 156 5
- HMRC Agents Line 214 4
- calculation DTR restriction 91 1
- Company Director In Prison 461 11
- SMP reclaimable by employer 85 1
- AWeb - download file 180 3
- Charity work 248 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 266 6
- Director Drawings 183 5
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 274 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 239 7
- Collection or business assets 117 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 275 8
- Tax position re this lease? 372 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 732 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 109 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,677 70
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 681
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 521
- Cancelled 428
- Cancelled 366
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 338
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 329
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 244
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 218
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 203