Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- VAT on motor expenses 881 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 42 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 46 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,699 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,290 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 80 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 275 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 132 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 154 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 181 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 152 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 736 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 382 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 199 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 323 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 105 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 388 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 90 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 322 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 401 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,542
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 848
- International interest certificate 467
- NOVA 325
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 225
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 216
- Bonus Bonds 206
- Management expenses for investment company 202
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 194
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 181