Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Mandatory Capitalisation 93 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 77 1
- Allowable expenses on retal property 79 1
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 142 3
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,302 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 275 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 113 2
- notarising & legalising documents 163 4
- question 426 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 390 11
- Income prior to company formation 203 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 114 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 142 6
- Property pages or self-employed? 141 2
- Any thoughts on Capium? 417 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 455 8
- Can criminal action be a defence? 202 5
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,414 14
- National Living Wage: creating jobs or unemployment? 310 6
- Chargeable Gains - CT600 100 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 398
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 285
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 260
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 254
- French ConnectionUK 202
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 187
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 186
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 181
- APN's 173
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 147