Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Inflation and fees 981 14
- Do we have to honour her notice? 515 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,253 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 80 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 81 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 251 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 558 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 746 11
- ICPA 497 8
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 292 3
- Physiotherapy 67 1
- Changing shareholding ratio 132 3
- Community Interest Company 70 1
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 121 1
- SA1 forms 368 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 146 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 142 1
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 155 5
- VAT on services to EC customer 180 3
- Delayed option to tax 190 3
- Sainsbury's mangement 826
- Avanti Accounts 674
- Have I done the right thing? 653
- Calling franchise accountants 634
- Continuity Agreement 627
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 326
- Advice please! 232
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 218