Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- payroll software 348 3
- Instant CPD offer 257 3
- Income from rent charged to business 47 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 419 5
- Statutory sick pay 283 4
- Dividend in specie 355 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 209 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 167 3
- Cash basis 474 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 139 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 263 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 291 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 158 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 352 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,850 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 326 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 242 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 98 1
- Investor exit 193 3
- Partially exempt? 378 10
- Skandia using wrong address 565
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 285
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 243
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 183
- LLP in Construction Industry 148
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 129
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129