Rugby Club Missing Money
Hi AW Members
I hope somebody with some experience in this field can help me.
My local rugby club recently had a bar manager / secretary that has been on fiddle for around 14 months.The accounts have will be published showing around £8000 of missing cash. There has also been speculation that people have seen him wheeling barrels of beer to another local pub. He is up for a meeting with the committee tonight to defend his self. The committee don't have a clue what to actually ask him as none are from an accountancy background r have much common sense! As I have just started AAT level 4 and work in a management accounts position, I have been asked to assist them in the meeting. Although I have managed to draw a list of suitable interrogative questions, I am still struggling a bit as I am way out of my comfort zone.
If I get several invoices for different beers, shorts etc and work out the gross profit on each and work out an average gross profit, for example 45%. The current gross profit is 34%. How would I work out the value of missing stock? Would it 45% - 34% = 11%. Then 11% x purchases for year = estimated value of missing stock?
As I've been given the accounts only an hour ago and the meeting is at 7pm, I'm getting my self into a bit of a muddle!
Any help would be very much appreciated, and also if you can point me into the direction of questions that I can ask to relate to the final accounts (I will use the questions and source the data to be more exact) this would also be greatly appreciated.
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 208 3
- Continuity of Practice 146 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 99 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 298 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,171 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 236 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 135 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 286 10
- Online Downtime 328 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 314 3
- FPS or EPS 93 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 777 31
- Personal allowance 668 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 169 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,947 16
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 442 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,115 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 320 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 396 10
- VAT on employee loan 304 5
- Moving away from CCH software 943
- QROP pension input amounts 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 376
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 351
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 317
- fraud 276
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 248
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 218
- Construction CIS LLP Company 205
- EPS and CIS deductions 191