S198 election on overseas property?
I am aware that a property investor investing in overseas commercial property can claim capital allowances on the same basis that they can on UK property. Likewise if there is a surplus of allowances, these can (currently) be offset (without a cap) against general income – S121 ITA 2007.
OK so far so good.
My question is that on a future sale what happens? Do the allowances reverse or can the taxpayer make use of S198 CAA 2001 provisions to sell the asset for an agreed tax WDV / £1 even though the purchaser could very well be a non-UK taxpayer. Is there anything to stop a 198 election from being effective? I know there is a requirement under S201(3)(f) CAA2001 to have tax district and ref numbers for the persons making the election but there is actually no stipulation this has to be UK references??!
Any help would be much appreciated.
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 507 6
- Sole Director Limited Company and Childcare..hat is most tax efficient way to do it? 278 4
- Late registration for MOSS 201 4
- Professional Clearance 1,012 24
- Self employed care worker 411 9
- Self Assessment statement credit balances unallocated and getting repayment 240 5
- Client right to working papers 163 2
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 326 7
- Illegal share transfer 424 5
- Audacity 853 16
- Uk vat on supply of training services to South African Airline? 147 2
- Company Strike off 1,800 30
- Soca or not to soca 2,077 34
- How to deal with an employee's at work car parking cost, paid for by the company 372 3
- Estate admin practicalities 209 1
- Cloud Accounting Software for Practitioners 1,478 23
- Duplicate employments caused by works numbers on Sage 311 5
- Cheapest PI insurance for accountant available? 1,774 31
- Joint owners of rental properties 343 6
- Capital stated on incorporation too low by several orders of magnitude. 330 2
- NHS finance professionals 526
- VAL231 406
- Mother and son property ownership 365
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 353
- Foreign Pension Contribution 328
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 302
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 279
- vat gross profit percentage margins 267
- Incorporated LLP partners, CIS and IR35 262
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 251