S198 election on overseas property?
I am aware that a property investor investing in overseas commercial property can claim capital allowances on the same basis that they can on UK property. Likewise if there is a surplus of allowances, these can (currently) be offset (without a cap) against general income – S121 ITA 2007.
OK so far so good.
My question is that on a future sale what happens? Do the allowances reverse or can the taxpayer make use of S198 CAA 2001 provisions to sell the asset for an agreed tax WDV / £1 even though the purchaser could very well be a non-UK taxpayer. Is there anything to stop a 198 election from being effective? I know there is a requirement under S201(3)(f) CAA2001 to have tax district and ref numbers for the persons making the election but there is actually no stipulation this has to be UK references??!
Any help would be much appreciated.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 19 1
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 177 5
- Value pricing 657 22
- Director's tax return 227 5
- Wrong career 447 18
- Would this save hours of your time? 409 10
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 184 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 256 7
- Laptop purchase 1,373 20
- PTP software disaster 249 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 215 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 95 2
- Tricky VAT question 167 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 109 2
- VT accounts licence key 254 5
- Weely paid employees 217 2
- Splitting the tax year 97 1
- FPS Submission 150 2
- non resident receiving UK dividends 211 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 261
- Director Loan account operation 239
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 236
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159