S198 election on overseas property?
I am aware that a property investor investing in overseas commercial property can claim capital allowances on the same basis that they can on UK property. Likewise if there is a surplus of allowances, these can (currently) be offset (without a cap) against general income – S121 ITA 2007.
OK so far so good.
My question is that on a future sale what happens? Do the allowances reverse or can the taxpayer make use of S198 CAA 2001 provisions to sell the asset for an agreed tax WDV / £1 even though the purchaser could very well be a non-UK taxpayer. Is there anything to stop a 198 election from being effective? I know there is a requirement under S201(3)(f) CAA2001 to have tax district and ref numbers for the persons making the election but there is actually no stipulation this has to be UK references??!
Any help would be much appreciated.
- No presenter ID for Companies House - ixbrl 76 1
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 133 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 135 6
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 123 3
- Claiming VAT on car lease 402 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 46 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 571 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 650 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 92 2
- Freelance/Employee 619 15
- Agent Authorisation Issue 151 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 303 6
- Is it just me ... 227 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 266 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 98 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 328 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 213 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,495 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 114 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 353 14
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 743
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 404
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 351
- Electric Car 287
- S222 Charge 236
- IP trans to holding company 182
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 181
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 166
- AIA 163
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 154