S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- CGT history of shares 175 4
- Director Expenses and P11D but no PAYE scheme in place 138 5
- Client Entertainment to get new business or referral as opposed to say thanks 172 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 335 6
- CGT on sale of let property 113 2
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 178 2
- how do i get UTR 140 3
- Input VAT suffered in EU 88 2
- Is there any good reading I can obtain to do self assesment on partnerships? 238 3
- A round of applause please for winner of BITCH OF THE 413 11
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 131 1
- Your comments please 314 6
- VAT on Royal Mail Parcel Services 191 9
- CT600 deadline & shortened year end 126 2
- EIS 198 4
- Income Splitting - form 17 and DoT 130 1
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 115 2
- Transfer of Software to sister company 127 1
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 728 14
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 207 1
- Moving away from CCH software 969
- QROP pension input amounts 453
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 398
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 383
- fraud 306
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 281
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 246
- Construction CIS LLP Company 231
- EPS and CIS deductions 224
- Out of time or not? 210