S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 174 4
- Anyone using PracticePA? 257 5
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 63 1
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 648 26
- Tax - Paying Yearly 270 11
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 194 3
- New company uses old Bank Account 234 3
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 461 5
- Sage Drive Queue.dta file lock out 341 8
- When is commencing trading not commening trading 187 3
- Income tax: Interaction between new marriage allowance and new nil band on savings interest 190 1
- charities 222 3
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 283 6
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 129 1
- converting garage to use as office 323 2
- recommended auto-enrolment pension scheme providers 664 13
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 130 2
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,211 11
- Strike off 452 9
- Contracting, Subcontracting and Agency Worker Regs 161 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 380
- Any thoughts on Capium? 340
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 295
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 268
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 230
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 177
- French ConnectionUK 168
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 163
- APN's 159