S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- Entrepreneur's Relief - Disposal over a period of time 176 3
- Late RTI filing re SMP 102 3
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 159 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 97 6
- Additional information attached to accounts 188 2
- CIS Software 116 1
- Company assets 366 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 223 6
- MoneySoft 170 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 79 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 662 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 146 2
- Self assessment 152 1
- Claiming VAT 131 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,124 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 277 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 272 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 156 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 513 9
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 504
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 479
- Is there anything wrong with this? 281
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 267
- Uncommercial property business 244
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 184
- VAT - registration needed? 181
- Accrued income scheme 180
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180