S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 26 3
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 860 27
- Cocaine anyone? 295 5
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 69 3
- How much of your work is admin? 1,155 10
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,485 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 292 4
- ACCA - still making me laugh 485 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 263 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 345 11
- Tax return software for remote working 491 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 581 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 467 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 457 9
- How to purchase business premises? 189 2
- Will I need to resign? 856 10
- Childcare vouchers 205 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 283 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 303 6
- VAT avoidance? 251 4
- Hive up 477
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 440
- corporate hierarchy 419
- Advice - 252
- Amortisation of Goodwill 225
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 213
- WWOOFers 207
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 188
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 183