S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 49 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,711 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 232 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 267 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 226 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 179 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 108 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 394 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 142 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 153 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 211 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 275 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260