S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,598 70
- Do I need a smartphone? 644 22
- Incorporated when they should not have 188 7
- Help with HMRC investigation 60 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 69 2
- Tax position re this lease? 342 8
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 309 5
- AWeb - download file 103 2
- pension paid by company? 313 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 726 17
- Late annual return 104 1
- Charity work 204 10
- Company Director In Prison 365 8
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 220 12
- HMRC Agents Line 122 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 174 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,684 60
- inheritance tax 562 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 163 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 74 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 498
- Cancelled 424
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 333
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197