S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- Special Puprose Vehicle (SPV) company 126 4
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 103 4
- Winning clients from retiring accountant - ethics/morals 1,194 11
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 954 22
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 110 4
- Not a question but made my day 986 21
- VAT Caravan Residential Letting Income 95 1
- Payroll got out of synch 228 7
- Exempt supplies and VAT registration 175 6
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 500 6
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,965 27
- Client right to working papers 1,007 6
- Accounts Package 473 12
- Annual Tax Summary 101 1
- Old payroll 156 3
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 380 2
- HMRC Debt collectors 180 3
- VAT on property 208 2
- Popular destinations for expatriates - taxation comparison 113 2
- Community interest company 80 1
- NHS finance professionals 582
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 360
- vat gross profit percentage margins 324
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 318
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 299
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 260
- Thinning income 252
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 215
- IFA income recognition & reporting 193