S224(3) restriction on PPR claim
A client converted his PPR into 3 flats. He has subsequently sold one of the flats (after having lived in it for 12 months) and I am calculating the CGT position.
He lived in the (unconverted) house for 12 years, then lived in the flat that has been sold for 1 year (2008-09). The last 36 months may also be claimed.
I can see from HMRC website that you have to restrict the amount of PPR relief you can claim, however it indicates that you need to compare the restricted gain to the gain arising on the flat.
1) I am assuming an A/A+B calculation is needed to calculate the 'normal' gain - is this correct?
2) What PPR can I claim? Can I include the period living in the house or is it just the period it was a flat?
Any thoughts or comments on this would be appreciated.
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 26 2
- Self employment trap - pension 301 3
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 445 10
- Awkward IP 567 9
- Expenses allowable 70 2
- Company Pension Contributions 208 5
- ESC A19 101 2
- When does my Property business start 237 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,514 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 848 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 214 5
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,215 20
- SE sales person paid in cash and goods 94 1
- Prepare for Chaos 319 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,630 69
- Free Agent - Payments on Account 736 19
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 469 6
- Fastest Software 571 8
- NETP paying VAT - how to pay? 82 1
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 590 15
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 590
- CTA study material 589
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 360
- Employment related securities question 218
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 193
- ATED Penalties 191
- AIM Stocks and IHT 173
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 128
- Expat pension contributions? 123
- Trust for Employee 123