SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 371 12
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 360 9
- Starting up in practice - safety net 267 8
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,447 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,165 35
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 121 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 363 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 248 4
- Rental property company 122 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 271 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 390 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 176 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 207 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 153 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 517 5
- Director's tax return 407 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 191 3
- Flat rate vat 252 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 204 5
- Coming in from the cold 409 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 826
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 574
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 442
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 322
- Free Tax Legislation? 296
- Director Loan account operation 276
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 264
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 261
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 240
- Paye procedures for CVA 182