SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- What are my legal responsibilities 316 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 76 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 331 4
- No more tax returns... 1,532 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 415 6
- Signed accounts for bank 266 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 472 10
- Landing clients 402 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,150 22
- Termination Payment 190 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 200 3
- CRM / marketing 103 2
- Allocation of income from property 755 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,882 28
- Opening a Quick books file 126 1
- 64-8 problems 519 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 349 10
- Payment on account reminders 243 3
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 119 3
- Hello 520 4