SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Accountant software 397 11
- Accounting jobs in the UK 122 2
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 225 1
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 130 2
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 189 4
- CIS gross status review 82 1
- Notes needed for a new partner in an LLP 118 2
- Dividend payments to spouses 342 6
- Flat rate vat error 234 5
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 123 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 137 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 71 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 129 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 351 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 609 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 261 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 603 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 198 4
- Charge out rates in London? 208 2
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 177 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 749
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 481
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 295
- How to format a stock book 259
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 210
- Tax efficient holding company structure 199
- Investment property company accounts template 188
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 184
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 167
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 154