SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 28 2
- dividend 49 6
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 129 3
- Irish Taxation 127 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 280 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 499 6
- Error on SA Tax Return 61 1
- Drector renting room to company 63 1
- Off site storage 131 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 572 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 231 7
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,122 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 345 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 217 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 312 4
- Self assesment losses 308 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 164 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 170 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 113 2
- Joint Property rent 172 3
- Xtuple 562
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 339
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 206
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 174
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 143