SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Annual Report - How to? 362 13
- Little Green Man needs help HGV driver LTD company 108 1
- Double entry 196 6
- FBI2 207 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 206 3
- Companies House 167 4
- Interprise software 89 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 511 19
- Charity accounting 264 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 120 1
- sage 120 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 157 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,065 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 221 4
- Small house in garden 158 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 181 2
- Clients 926 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 297 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 155 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 290 4
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 542
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 303
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 298
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 220
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 202