SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Disbursement of recharge 385 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 19 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 304 9
- Mortgage Reference 905 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 307 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 107 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 151 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 131 1
- RTI offline? 616 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 154 1
- CIS and Xero 277 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 257 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 177 2
- property capital gains 412 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 153 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 941 9
- Tips on meals 572 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,353 15
- S.455 Tax again 456 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 234 3