SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Mixing up NI numbers under RTI 269 7
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 594 9
- 31st october deadline 366 6
- Property gift to sister 150 4
- RTI Late Registration query 142 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 218 2
- Payroll software 146 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 212 2
- Accounting for display stands 231 7
- Companies House Search 300 3
- VAT training 283 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 276 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,513 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 322 3
- A Friday Funny. 325 5
- Something for the weekend? 288 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 558 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,252 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,541 26
- Coming out of flat rate 160 1
- NHS finance professionals 709
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 402
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 386
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 384
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 338
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 279
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 219