SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 79 2
- signature required 884 32
- Form VAT 600 FRS 77 1
- VAT Office Grimsby 178 3
- Community awards 2014 - first category 142 5
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 437 12
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 142 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 298 3
- Payment plans for clients 266 3
- CT600 251 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 314 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 82 1
- Lease 134 4
- Free invoicing software 499 4
- Digita Hosted Software 396 4
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,317 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 180 5
- Thin Client recomendation 228 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 192 5
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 121 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,303
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 853
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 544
- Credit where credit's due....... 334
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 260
- TheTax Donut 226
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 186
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 174
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 155
- Director's business mileage 145