SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 281 13
- VAT on motor expenses 885 32
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 62 1
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 52 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,702 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,293 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 83 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 132 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 155 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 184 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 152 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 737 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 383 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 202 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 326 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 106 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 388 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 91 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 323 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 405 9
- Skandia using wrong address 1,545
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 850
- International interest certificate 467
- NOVA 326
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 228
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 216
- Bonus Bonds 207
- Management expenses for investment company 204
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 197
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 183