SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 461 5
- See you all on the other side 612 6
- 12Pay 334 2
- dividends 452 2
- R&D 260 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,125 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 404 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 318 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 281 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 502 5
- Seeking a tax case 562 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 427 4
- Companies house strike off 404 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 324 2
- Moving to the cloud 700 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 198 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 846 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,064 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 446 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 542
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 410
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- USA help 305
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 268
- Capital gains on rental property 247
- Sage Coretime 228