SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Accountancy software for an imac 131 3
- Value pricing 1,971 86
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 543 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 398 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 448 7
- March RTI Submission 111 1
- LLP members share of profits 326 16
- VT accounts licence key 531 9
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 83 1
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 81 1
- SDLT on land 88 2
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 98 1
- VAT Option to tax 244 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 93 2
- Current tax asset 124 2
- Grants 189 5
- Tricky VAT question 417 4
- Audit Required 971 20
- Ex Gratia payment via Payroll 247 5
- 20 hours/week - payroll? 262 9
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 876
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 613
- Free Tax Legislation? 361
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 353
- Director Loan account operation 351
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 311
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 298
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 280
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 270
- Paye procedures for CVA 202