SA -appeal against surcharge - tax liability 2005
Please help me in appealing against this surcharge,
I had an rental income/CGT enquiry relating to 2005, lasting 2 yrs, ended in 2010. An amount was determined + interest + penalty. about 37k.
I agreed to the final amount, and after declaration of my financial circumstances, HM agreed to a payment arrangement in late 2010, alongside a 3mthly phone review to declare my current circumstances or changes + interest.
I have continued those payments setup by standing order, in fact increased them by £100 pmth, and continued to phone in every 3mths aswell.
I have received a surcharge notice last mth, and appealed against it, based on the fact that a payment arrangement was agreed, and no further charges should apply to the final amount. The appeal has been declined that I do not have a 'reasonable excuse', I believe its trying to say the tax was due in 2005, and so it wasnt paid within the 30 days of due date.
But I cannot pay this large amount off, with interest being charged, and on top of that surcharges aswell. This will take forever.
I am ready to appeal again based on my financial circumstances, but need a professional advise, on if and how I may appeal for a successful outcome.
Please, please, someone advise me on getting this resolved. I have 30 days to appeal again.
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 76 2
- Help 131 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 206 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,026 109
- Overlap profit 292 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 318 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,060 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 121 1
- Payments on account 179 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 76 1
- What do your junior staff do? 522 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 648 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 413 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 535 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 131 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,941 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 348 3
- On the high seas 114 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 147 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 859 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 341
- How do you do it 337
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181