SA Requirements earning over 100k on PAYE
A Client has been earning over 100k under PAYE for the last 5 years.
1. Should HMRC have notified this person that they were required to submit a tax return (when the requirement to file a tax return for PAYE earners above 100k was introduced)?
2. Does the client have scope to argue any interest and penalties, if they contact HMRC and explain the fact they should have filed Self Assessments for previous tax years?
3. What tax year was the legislation changed whereby earners over 100k on PAYE were required to submit a SA?
- P11d query 265 5
- Rental expenses 49 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 131 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 342 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 83 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 283 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 418 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,151 22
- Termination Payment 204 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 212 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 757 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 136 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10