SA Requirements earning over 100k on PAYE
A Client has been earning over 100k under PAYE for the last 5 years.
1. Should HMRC have notified this person that they were required to submit a tax return (when the requirement to file a tax return for PAYE earners above 100k was introduced)?
2. Does the client have scope to argue any interest and penalties, if they contact HMRC and explain the fact they should have filed Self Assessments for previous tax years?
3. What tax year was the legislation changed whereby earners over 100k on PAYE were required to submit a SA?
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 120 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 113 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 112 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 163 1
- How to deal with prior year error 159 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 530 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 409 4
- Exemption from CGT 238 2
- VAT Registration 246 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 439 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 343 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 192 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26