Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 90 6
- Deferred Tax 232 5
- Registering a company late 272 8
- Late Registration for VAT 198 6
- Personal pension 232 4
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,259 17
- How much of your work is admin? 332 2
- Legal fees selling rental property 185 3
- physiotherapy clinic 590 4
- Running two businesses from the same premises 181 2
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 73 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 321 8
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,031 26
- hMRand Customs Powers of Arrest 2,810 23
- Can someone help me please I don't know how to correct an error regarding an intercompany bank transfer on sage 291 4
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,963 18
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 116 2
- Preference shares treated as liabilities 119 1
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 439 7
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,812 19
- TheTax Donut 1,013
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 678
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 624
- Follower cases 489
- Hive up 417
- Limited company purchase of property 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 330
- AIA or IFA 215