Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Off site storage 109 4
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 551 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 218 7
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 64 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,110 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Irish Taxation 109 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 486 5
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 206 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 302 4
- Self assesment losses 295 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 156 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 106 2
- Joint Property rent 164 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 254 1
- Fee protection 887 16
- Overdrawn DLA 273 9
- Disposal of an opted property 143 2
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 245 5
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 226
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 175
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 166
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142