Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Jointly owned property 258 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 120 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 80 2
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 360 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 260 6
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 99 1
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 270 4
- Relevant life plan 241 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 153 4
- The return 971 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 131 1
- Why .... 573 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 530 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 161 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 391 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 469 10
- Limited Company expenses 299 7
- Formating cells in Excel 281 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 198 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 309 8
- Possible Partnership? 579
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 388
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 180