Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Company Accounts - Limited company 313 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,549 27
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 488 8
- Who can I refer leads to? 1,179 16
- Computers & Network Depreciation 120 3
- Capital Allowances and Hire Purchase 163 3
- Awkward IP 304 3
- Let Property Campaign 226 4
- DTL adjustement in P &L 164 4
- R & D 174 2
- Bookkeeping Package 532 7
- practice planning 515 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,176 29
- Expenses management strategy 996 12
- Employment status 396 8
- Benefits in kind: employees who benefit from client entertainment and alcohol consumed on-premises 216 3
- sub contractors payments in C tax return 169 1
- Time recording software 203 2
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 365 8
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,474 67
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 576
- CTA study material 560
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 335
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 255
- Employment related securities question 202
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 176
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 175
- ATED Penalties 173
- AIM Stocks and IHT 157
- Foreign Premium Distributions 131