Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Entrepeneurs relief 385 17
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 112 7
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 380 9
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 473 23
- Potentially dodgy client 137 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 419 13
- Do I need to pay my accountant 523 8
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 179 6
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 202 2
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 313 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 628 8
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 134 2
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 531 27
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 248 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 163 3
- Lloyds bank ... 450 6
- Limited company buying a car 248 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 498 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 298 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 314 4
- CTA study material 776
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 408
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 287
- Expat pension contributions? 266
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 242
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 194
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149