Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 143 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 175 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,215 35
- Mortgage Reference 529 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 230 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 187 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,294 48
- BrightPay quirks 201 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 156 1
- Personal Tax 627 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 176 1
- USA Tax Query 301 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 436 5
- last minute request 653 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 350 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 387 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6