Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Self assessment for directors 108 2
- BVI registered 125 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 267 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,591 17
- A little knowledge 340 6
- Digita in the cloud 139 2
- Tax relief when working away 65 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 956 36
- Tax relief when working away 168 3
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,309 20
- Designated sole Residence 245 5
- Scratch Head 343 1
- Year end 266 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 321 13
- Clothing 635 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 164 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 196 5
- Identity check problem 1,520 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 247 1
- Capital allowances on Software 242 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 963
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 687
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 612
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 449
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 223
- Negligible Value Claim 205