Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 19 1
- flat rate scheme 189 4
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 221 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 1,972 9
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 144 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 478 5
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 168 2
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 106 1
- VAT refund 322 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,286 37
- Turnover on a tax return 558 12
- incorrect old p60 567 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 147 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 189 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 162 1
- Special dividends & CGT 209 1
- Networking 373 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 282 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 308 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 345 5