Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 243 4
- Agent for mobile DJs. Could the DJs be considered to be working for him? 107 1
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 89 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,018 31
- Drop Down Boxes 236 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,638 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 159 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 589 8
- help needed with rti paye please 163 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 860 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 422 11
- Can't read my handwriting 817 19
- Undeclared rental income 423 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 349 7
- Sick pay 260 6
- Directors self assessment 182 2
- Employer's Helpline 226 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 143 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 200 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,773 70
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,417
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 543
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 331
- Hands on experience of Digita 263
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 259
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 172
- Umbrella pay services 146
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 130
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123