Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Matching of tax return to P60 103 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 31 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 203 8
- find-accountants.com 102 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 102 4
- Related Parties Note 153 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,040 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,215 53
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 778 22
- what time is it ? 336 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 93 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 436 24
- VAT on disbursement 172 2
- tax credits 224 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,055 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 206 6
- Year end 273 3
- Foreign income for self employed 178 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 324 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 924
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 327
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 194
- Charge out rates in London? 162