Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 738 15
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 1,148 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 699 31
- Overseas business trip - accompanied by family 58 1
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 253 8
- recompense capital input 190 11
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 103 2
- Capital allowances on taxis 226 2
- CT losses carry back 93 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 547 17
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 161 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 766 19
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 418 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,276 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 142 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 184 3
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 230 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 992 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 214 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 258 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 798
- RTI - duplicate employee record 564
- Pensions Regulator 455
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 414
- Portia ... Where art thou 335
- Sanzar 317
- How do you do it 304
- Digital marketing focus group 300
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 274
- new investor structure 184