Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,437 42
- Company formation and bank account 80 4
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 134 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 369 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 352 8
- OneNote is fantastic 385 11
- VAT Direct Debit 318 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 395 8
- Self Assessment Software 661 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 418 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,330 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 185 11
- Owning overseas property 185 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 295 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 269 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 675 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,134 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 396 7
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 931 19
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 643
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 378
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 377
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 231
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 230
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 227