Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 383 7
- paye scheme very used 100 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 758 25
- Disclosure query 62 3
- Invoice factoring 37 2
- Auto enrolment 257 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 217 6
- LLP Accounts format 70 1
- Scoot 283 6
- A question about share structure 42 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 182 3
- Top slicing relief question 136 2
- Share swap 186 3
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 290 2
- Tax on sale of shares 160 3
- Accountants' Error 858 17
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 333 3
- Unclaimed amortisation of goodwill 223 6
- Shareholder agreement 224 5
- VAT - time of supply 94 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,463
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 781
- Any views 710
- HMRC Employers Diary 530
- International interest certificate 428
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 398
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 266
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 259