Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- international employer please help!! 34 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 426 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 359 4
- When to include value of import in Box 7 70 1
- employer pension contributions - OMB company 167 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 313 7
- Capital gain? 94 3
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,259 21
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 275 8
- Recharge for private use of a company car 352 8
- vat help for catering concession 280 10
- IHT dilemma 1,158 17
- Tax return software for remote working 236 3
- CGT 339 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 324 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 113 2
- Compliance check 519 13
- sole trader accountant 799 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 406 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 606 21
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,086
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 781
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 467
- Digita Hosted Software 282
- Call Centre Data Costs 253
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 229
- Credit where credit's due....... 226
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 209
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 190
- Director phone costs 154