Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Collection or business assets 62 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 213 8
- Company Director In Prison 384 10
- Tax position re this lease? 355 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 668 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 85 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,629 70
- Help with HMRC investigation 107 2
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 76 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 320 5
- AWeb - download file 123 2
- pension paid by company? 322 8
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 737 17
- Late annual return 117 1
- Charity work 210 10
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 223 12
- HMRC Agents Line 132 2
- Managing Employee Expenses 178 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,686 60
- inheritance tax 569 14
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 672
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 499
- Cancelled 426
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 361
- Probiz 334
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 322
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 242
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 214
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 197