Sage Corporation Tax Stub period filing
Have just fallen off the north face of the Eiger !
Has anyone had problems with filing corporation tax return stub periods using Sage which fail to turn up at HMRC (where accounting period greater than a year) ?
This happened to me once when I selected the submit Both periods through the online filing wizard, kept my receipt and assumed all was well, only to discover it wasn't. The Main period only had turned up and fortunately HMRC sent me a reminder - so I called them and re-sent. Well it's just happened to me again except no reminder just a huge determined demand for tax (client made a loss) and a £200 penalty. I've just spoken to HMRC and they can see the Main return (which has been sitting in limbo with no allocation) but not the Stub period. Fortunately they have agreed to remove the penalties as they can see it was sent on time, providing the Stub is sent again today...with knees knocking it has been duly filed.
I have another couple of clients coming up with their first accounting periods greater than a year and I will NOT be using the submit both option again but will file the main and stub separately (not the height of efficiency) but I just don't trust Sage.
Anyone had similar problem ?
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,313 31
- Disposal of property 59 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 102 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 144 2
- trading or dormant 180 4
- do I have to pay NI? 94 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 220 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 186 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 299 5
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,250 15
- what time is it ? 466 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 447 25
- VAT chargeable or not? 133 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,287 55
- find-accountants.com 276 3
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 117 3
- Funds introduced by company secretary... 296 5
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 214 8
- Related Parties Note 224 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,085 20
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 942
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 343
- How to format a stock book 330
- Tax efficient holding company structure 267
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 254
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 202
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 201
- Charge out rates in London? 170