Sage Customer Receipt
I became aware that a customer receipt had been wrongly allocated. I deleted the transaction and my intention was to re-enter this receipt and post against the correct invoices. This was a receipt for £902.17 to pay 5 invoices.
The system has cancelled the cheque received and created an SP transaction. I am surprised to find that the original invoices which were marked as paid, and I expected to now show as outstanding again, are still marked as paid and against the original receipt.
I'm obviously not understanding something !
I am now left with a SP transaction which I don't know what to do with. So very confused !!!
All I wanted to do was delete the original receipt and correct the invoices it should have been receipted against. The system is cash accounting !
Please help, thank you :)
- VAT flat rate scheme 151 2
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 229 4
- Client information from previous accountant 28 1
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 231 7
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 58 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 54 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 350 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 112 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,647 31
- PAYE NI 91 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 94 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 693 10
- break even point 1,001 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 170 5
- Accomodation and travel 204 1
- Unpaid Fee's 345 6
- Issue with a software supplier 228 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 302 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 491
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 465
- New Fangled Penalties 306
- Clubs and Taxable Income 257
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 249
- Loans to other companies 191
- Tasbook email configuration 183
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 166