Sage - How to produce a detailed P&L account
I tried Sage as a bookkeeping package some 10 years or so ago and did not enjoy the experience. Since then I have avoided using Sage for clients bookkeeping and used other packages instead. However recently I decided to do one client on Sage and see how things have improved.
I have versions 12, 14, 16 and 18 to choose from and as 12 was loaded on the machine my bookkeeper sits at I opted for that one.
We have accepted the default Chart of Accounts and have entered a meaningful amount of data using the codes on the default Nominal List. Our client would like a P&L print out to show how he has done this month and the aggregate income and expenditure for the year.
We have gone to [Company][Financials][P&L][Preview] selected the whole year as the period and printed out the report.
The report includes the amount spent on
7100 - 7199 Rent and Rates Period £5,000 Year £20,000
Now both my client and I know that the R&R figure is made up of three elements
7101 Rent Period £4000 Year £16,000
7103 Water Rates Period £200 Year £1,000
7104 Council Tax Period £800 Year ££4,000
What he would like is a report which shows these figures individually and not grouped together
I rang Sage and thought I had explained what I wanted. In fact I tried hard to explain it several times.
The Sage Support told me that the only way this could be achieved is if I completely rewrite the Chart of Accounts
Sage Support also told me that they would pass my idea of a disaggregated P&L Account to the Implementation Team for possible inclusion in future releases.
I cannot believe that my client is the only user of Line 50 ever who would like a detailed P&L account. Surely I don't have to rewrite the complete Chart of Accounts to achieve this. I can see how that is done, and indeed I have started to do so but this is just re-inventing the wheel
Can you tell me if there is a report on Sage which will give the client a breakdown of what he has spent on all his different overheads - I have just picked Rent & Rates as an example but all other overheads have been similarly grouped up. The ideal is a P&L with the figures separated out
I have opened the data file in version 18 to see if that helped but the report was the same
If I really do need a new CofA can I import it from somewhere/someone else to save having to rewrite it
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 30 2
- Intercompany loans 11 1
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 102 1
- P11D employee - do they need to complete an SA return? 21 1
- Limited Company 199 7
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,120 15
- Share issue 200 11
- Client submitted incorrect accounts & CT600 66 1
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 654 11
- VAT: Passing on Import Duty 87 3
- Still they come 103 1
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 407 10
- Selling a practice 264 3
- How much to charge 166 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 203 4
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 437 8
- Accounting Software 325 4
- PSA Agreements 376 6
- VAT reverse charges 276 3
- Mobile phone and P11D 211 3
- Theatre Tax Relief 432
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 338
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 317
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 302
- Perkbox 258
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 235
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 234
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 217
- Document Management Systems 205
- WIP Software 189