Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- UK company to be a foreign entity 57 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 80 4
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 144 3
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 315 9
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 490 19
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 435 5
- Growing pains 120 1
- Residents Association Corp Tax 90 2
- Gift to employee 113 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 364 8
- Cash accounting to flat rate scheme 103 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 127 1
- new capital structure ltd with investors 305 5
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 139 2
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 274 4
- Directors/owners taking too much cash... 1,859 17
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 406 12
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 169 4
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 728 9
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 309 8
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 437
- CTA study material 392
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 291
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 252
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 231
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 219
- Slight twist on employment related securities 199
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 160
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 145