Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Bank account frozen 442 7
- IR35 Confirmation 47 3
- Intermediaries and Personal Services Companies 277 7
- Charity accounts 76 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 611 4
- Client having a go at me 980 16
- Tax Return Paid for but not submitted 262 3
- The Budget dividend problem 4,774 66
- Related Party Disclosure for Director who resigned in year 141 4
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 458 2
- Schedule A losses 867 14
- VAT and selling on Amazon 322 4
- Companies House 297 7
- Losses carry forward to self employed 667 11
- nevermind 420 3
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 240 1
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 281 2
- Charging for Blank Payslips? 257 4
- Going concern 153 2
- Terminal Loss Claim 113 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 456
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 439
- Electric Car 368
- S222 Charge 292
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 273
- IP trans to holding company 225
- Simple Partnership Agreement Template 177
- Career advice needed regarding accouting systems analysis 176
- Tax on donations for the beneficiary 167
- VT final accounts - investment properties 160