Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Cash basis 84 4
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 192 3
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 310 14
- Cash basis 732 27
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,947 31
- 5th April 31 1
- When & How much of Income to recognise 77 1
- Undeclared rental income 2,533 23
- Company buy back of shares from directors 76 2
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 510 23
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 323 9
- Rental income 108 2
- s455 Directors loan 167 3
- Insurance for Company Ltd. by Guarantee 67 1
- Incorrect penalty warning letters sent 1,180 8
- Non resident capital gains 86 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 416 12
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 340 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 533 6
- payroll software 512 9
- Skandia using wrong address 603
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 325
- Employee rewards 302
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 271
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 237
- Etax Australian 199
- LLP in Construction Industry 162
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 148
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 138
- Re-submitting CT600 on paper 132