Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 81 2
- Accountants website 86 1
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 289 13
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 133 2
- Employed or self employed 43 1
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 157 9
- Financial statements accounting policies 147 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 89 1
- Design your ideal tax department 841 19
- Statutory Residence Test - is HMRC Guidance wrong? 241 6
- Scams are not always obvious 1,685 30
- Deemed Employment Payment 387 2
- Little PPR calc question 196 4
- Restructuring company and Form 42 170 7
- Overpayment notice 115 1
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 230 9
- Cells from many sheets 186 3
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 182 8
- Investment company 194 6
- More RTI stuff 183 4
- New Fangled Penalties 1,058
- Moving away from CCH software 920
- Recruitment agencies 544
- QROP pension input amounts 420
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 368
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 321
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 304
- fraud 243
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 230
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 200