Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Sage Priority Support 90 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 682 18
- incorrect old p60 115 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 479 4
- VAT on new builds 113 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 346 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 123 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 113 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 134 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,840 26
- Missing tax return 174 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 919 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 276 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 163 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 557 18
- Physiotherapy 244 3
- Inflation and fees 1,218 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 166 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 283 8
- CGT help please 150 1