Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- FYAs on second-hand vans 220 6
- Why do I do this every year 359 9
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 245 20
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 290 5
- closing limited company 145 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 60 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 484 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 242 9
- IHT and US resident 53 1
- What sectors to target? 586 29
- Limited Companies Merger 208 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 130 1
- Practice management 377 7
- IHT and cash gifts 241 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 523 13
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,594 42
- Capital allowances in first basis period 251 1
- eBay trading 232 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 258 10
- Self assesment online 949 10
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 925
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 645
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 593
- Latest phishing scam 574
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 409
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 309
- Scratch Head 239
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 229
- Sabbatical payments 194
- Negligible Value Claim 169