Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,000 18
- Creative Auto Enrolment 571 8
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,714 38
- Tax Fines - HMRC 874 15
- Can an owner hold company money 318 6
- Account and Taxable Profit 313 17
- Accounting for corporation tax 232 6
- Class 2 NIC 280 5
- Probate services 428 9
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 394 7
- Vat payable on van 170 1
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,834 42
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 245 7
- Community Faux Pas 932 26
- Cash gift from India 150 1
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,314 40
- Windows10 206 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 627 24
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 480 25
- A thursday afternoon muse 247 2
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 838
- Benchmark accounting software 692
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 328
- Oplex Careers CPD 322
- What are HMRC implying? 307
- VAT 258
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 248
- Payroll manager and the cloud 220
- Is the APN valid 196