Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 208 2
- H&W company 166 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 138 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 156 2
- Gift or Capital Gain? 256 7
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 52 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 779 32
- Classic cars investment 214 6
- BrightPay 573 16
- VAT silly question 2,378 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,076 10
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 255 5
- Federation Accounts 359 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 540 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 287 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 159 2
- Late reply from HMRC 259 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 289 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,672 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,426 22
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 406
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Income tax on foreign dividends 187
- Clubs and Taxable Income 186
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 182