Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 85 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,011 31
- Drop Down Boxes 233 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,637 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 150 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 588 8
- help needed with rti paye please 155 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 855 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 420 11
- Can't read my handwriting 815 19
- Undeclared rental income 420 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 345 7
- Sick pay 254 6
- Directors self assessment 178 2
- Employer's Helpline 225 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 137 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 199 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,770 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,100 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 152 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,416
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 542
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 330
- Hands on experience of Digita 262
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 256
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 169
- Umbrella pay services 145
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 124
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123