Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Another transfer of property 75 2
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 768 25
- VAT on non-denominated postage 186 7
- Taxi Plate & Car 30 1
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 551 11
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 225 5
- LEL and PAYE registration 65 1
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 125 2
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 165 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 855 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 546 14
- SA316s 211 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 93 1
- Swiching tax 538 15
- Proposal to strike off...... 522 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 381 11
- Start-up cost recognition 120 1
- Lunches 286 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 412 8
- Generic notification message 271 6
- Construction CIS LLP Company 611
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 388
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 267
- RTI - duplicate employee record 261
- SA penalty proposals 257
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 232