Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 288 3
- What's the plural? 512 11
- Unclaimed customer balance 50 2
- Self Employed travel 295 7
- Accounting Crew 591 13
- Company Secretarial Software 1,240 26
- Resigning as only director 1,045 10
- Loan interest rental property 104 3
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 204 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 536 7
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,773 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 464 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 176 10
- Opinions and advice needed 139 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 67 1
- Complete business outside UK 67 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 334 15
- Goodwill receipt 309 7
- Sage training course 278 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 431 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 283
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 276
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 243
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 212
- Cancelled 166