Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 442 13
- Coding Notice 212 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 219 6
- New business - journal entries 384 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 215 3
- Payroll software 636 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 246 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 385 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 720 18
- B2B vat in the EU 176 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 129 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 193 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 222 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 187 4
- LLP as member of LLP 129 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,818 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 497 7
- Vat 297 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,298 13
- Recharge for private use of a company car 216 3
- Auto enrolment excuses 846
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 717
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 402
- Social investment tax relief 217
- Digita Hosted Software 210
- Call Centre Data Costs 197
- accounting for this transaction 180
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 170
- Travel costs and contractors 165
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 158