Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 244 8
- Pre- trading Expenses 75 1
- IRIS Practice Management 125 1
- Was I rude 770 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 176 5
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 165 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 298 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 242 1
- Top slicing relief question 230 2
- Valuation of PET on death 109 2
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 265 6
- Share swap 290 8
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 88 1
- Online filing 157 5
- Payment for goods received on last day of quarter but refunded the next - what options are open here? 330 13
- New client, prev accountant disappeared 1,714 25
- EC sales list and reverse charge 105 2
- Converting a barn for business use 98 1
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 239 9
- Threshold for RTI submission 127 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,477
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 813
- Any views 728
- International interest certificate 446
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 418
- Sale of business 388
- NOVA 283
- IRIS Open Books problem 280
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 197
- Expenses claim for non employee 188