Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- The stupidity continues 143 3
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 45 3
- Pension contributions 333 10
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 130 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 440 9
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 441 10
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 245 6
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 239 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 191 1
- Share transfer question 316 16
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 545 10
- New Employers Helpline 146 3
- Overlap relief 732 19
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,320 17
- Budget 2015 - take two 204 3
- CIS Contractor has not issued tax deduction certificate to client 197 4
- VAT Query 201 2
- Sacked my first client 687 14
- Accounts note disclosure - Directors 269 4
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,276 24
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 430
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 423
- WIP Software 288
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 284
- No payroll scheme in place 220
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 219
- Software recommendations 205
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 199
- Is there anything wrong with this? 191
- Small Part Disposal of Property 172