Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- I've not operated a payroll - will i get charged on late PAYE payments? 368 7
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 15 1
- How much of your work is admin? 25 1
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 1,838 16
- HMRC Let Property Campaign 1,767 19
- Goodwill complications 104 2
- Personal pension 189 3
- Practical Courses - Accounts Prep 107 1
- VAT Registration for locum Doctors 273 7
- IRIS Accounts Production - Dividends shown in P&L? 226 6
- Late Registration for VAT 105 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 984 25
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 958 26
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,140 12
- property development 262 8
- Registering a company late 179 5
- Business rates consultancy 113 2
- sale of house 631 18
- Corporation tax penalty 1,513 9
- Part Disposal of Freehold 323 13
- TheTax Donut 996
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 656
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 612
- Follower cases 475
- Limited company purchase of property 399
- Hive up 399
- corporate hierarchy 372
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 368
- LIVE chat, starting now 305
- AIA or IFA 202