Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Companies House Authentication code 150 7
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 27 1
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 416 6
- Sports Club - Option to tax 19 1
- Client refusing to change basis period 123 3
- Highlighting a line on cell click 39 4
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 325 14
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,439 42
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 161 1
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 490 12
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,950 65
- Free accounts system for small business? 336 6
- Payroll Software Recommendations 288 9
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 644 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 342 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 258 3
- Company paying out on guarantee 127 4
- Incorporation and goodwill 291 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 401 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 280 1
- Xtuple 585
- Qtac payroll for bureau 410
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 355
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 228
- Tax on damages received 207
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- PTP Software 149
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141
- Software for Belgium Company 138