Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 17 1
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 48 3
- Do I need a smartphone? 270 9
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 500 10
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 32 1
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 236 3
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 453 6
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 52 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 159 3
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,787 13
- Deduction from Salary 755 21
- Company struck off 218 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,410 53
- Opening Balances 280 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 279 6
- Employment Allowance 404 7
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 361 12
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 376 9
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 286 1
- West Bromich Albion 371 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 649
- Cancelled 405
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 347
- How not to compose an email 331
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 326
- Probiz 313
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 295
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 226
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 203