Sage Instant restore misery
I moved my small practice away from Sage some years ago to VT, but maintained an Instant program in order to support a single client.
Over recent times this has worked well, but the client upgraded without me knowing and so I had Sage meltdown when I tried to restore their v 18 data. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my original v.17 program 3 times and each time I get the error message, 'this program was last used with v.18 data do you wish to upgrade now'. It doesn't matter if I click 'yes' or 'no' the program remains unusable.
Is this a Sage conspiracy to force the purchase of an upgrade or is there a simple way round this problem?
Thanks in advance.
PS. Just to save time this isn't a question about whether or not you can restore later version data to earlier version programs, I know you can't. It's about whether as a result of unwittingly attempting to do so, the original program is rendered unusable without purchasing an upgrade.
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 146 2
- Submitting tax return 69 1
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 179 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 246 8
- Director's tax return 323 7
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 87 1
- Sage Payroll 308 11
- Payroo Employer allowance query 201 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,055 33
- vat return 257 3
- Flat rate vat 141 1
- Value pricing 730 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 161 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 229 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 292 4
- Reregister for VAT 156 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 204 6
- Weely paid employees 256 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 504 11
- Wrong career 497 18
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 804
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 554
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 424
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 301
- Free Tax Legislation? 270
- Director Loan account operation 252
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 250
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 244
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 231
- Paye procedures for CVA 161