Sage payroll problems - anyone?
As a rather angry punter perhaps I am not the best person to ask this question.
I have spent at least 2 hours waiting to be answered on various calls to Sage to ask how to ensure my P35 showed SSP refunds, asking for help when my electronic banking setup was wiped before doing April payroll, and other matters. In the 2 cases concerned it definitely wasn't anything I had or hadn't done.
In case the two circumstances occur for you:
a) if the SSP refunds don't show up under the appropriate tab in Company Settings, just take the total refund shown on the Year's P32 and enter that figure in March under company settings.
b) remember when resetting up your ebanking to make sure the type of file used is a TXT file.
Why don't the software manufacturers check such basic things? Ah yes - they know we can't easily move elsewhere, so they can do what they like.
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 265 7
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 27 2
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 181 4
- VAT on introducer fees 99 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 28 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 166 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 310 18
- What is the role of an accountant? 261 7
- Scottish but not UK 262 7
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 57 1
- Pension Contributions Relief 254 9
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 278 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,151 362
- CIS 335 11
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 107 5
- Sole Trade - Losses B/Fwd 276 14
- Construction Industry Scheme Age Limit 106 3
- Company Accounts 403 7
- P11D Query 115 3
- VAT1 Form- Question 7 213 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 427
- National Insurance 326
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 319
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Non Resident 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 239
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 222
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154