Sage payroll problems - anyone?
As a rather angry punter perhaps I am not the best person to ask this question.
I have spent at least 2 hours waiting to be answered on various calls to Sage to ask how to ensure my P35 showed SSP refunds, asking for help when my electronic banking setup was wiped before doing April payroll, and other matters. In the 2 cases concerned it definitely wasn't anything I had or hadn't done.
In case the two circumstances occur for you:
a) if the SSP refunds don't show up under the appropriate tab in Company Settings, just take the total refund shown on the Year's P32 and enter that figure in March under company settings.
b) remember when resetting up your ebanking to make sure the type of file used is a TXT file.
Why don't the software manufacturers check such basic things? Ah yes - they know we can't easily move elsewhere, so they can do what they like.
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 948 29
- You know its over 333 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 486 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 218 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 170 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 157 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 242 3
- Cocaine anyone? 507 8
- Late Registration for VAT 485 13
- EIS/SEIS 141 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 275 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 415 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 422 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 716 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 552 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 588 4
- Personal pension 402 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 222 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,218 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 172 3
- Hive up 491
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 458
- corporate hierarchy 437
- Advice - 272
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 226
- WWOOFers 218
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 207
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 200
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 181
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 175