Sage payroll problems - anyone?
As a rather angry punter perhaps I am not the best person to ask this question.
I have spent at least 2 hours waiting to be answered on various calls to Sage to ask how to ensure my P35 showed SSP refunds, asking for help when my electronic banking setup was wiped before doing April payroll, and other matters. In the 2 cases concerned it definitely wasn't anything I had or hadn't done.
In case the two circumstances occur for you:
a) if the SSP refunds don't show up under the appropriate tab in Company Settings, just take the total refund shown on the Year's P32 and enter that figure in March under company settings.
b) remember when resetting up your ebanking to make sure the type of file used is a TXT file.
Why don't the software manufacturers check such basic things? Ah yes - they know we can't easily move elsewhere, so they can do what they like.
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 372 7
- Personal Tax 83 1
- VAT 288 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 123 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 68 1
- last minute request 167 3
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 99 2
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 74 1
- Cash gift from India 476 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 65 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 397 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 82 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 224 6
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,132 44
- Maternity and claining expenses 643 6
- Overseas workday relief 143 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 290 3
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 663 13
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 110 1
- MVL 255 4