Sage VAT cash to Standard transfer
We are running Sage Instant accounts plus 2012.
Our turnover is now over £1.6m and so we need to move from cash to standard accounting for VAT.
When we go to Company Preferences and try to change VAT scheme to Standard we get a message saying this cannot be done because of unreconciled transactions. All unreconciled transactions have VAT code T20 and are Sales Receipts.
The questions are:
1) why would these transactions not have been reconciled when they have been included on earlier VAT returns?
2) how can we reconcile them, to allow us to move to Standard accounting? We have tried running a VAT return again and clicked to reconcile but no good.
Thanks in advance, Oly.
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 311 9
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 146 5
- Do I need to pay my accountant 348 6
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 590 7
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 495 24
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 148 3
- Lloyds bank ... 423 6
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 386 18
- Limited company buying a car 218 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 485 10
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 261 7
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 304 4
- ACCA practice certificates 520 5
- Limited company buying director's car 319 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 105 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 148 1
- WC's and capital allowances 191 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 332 13
- Dress code 1,571 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 486 13
- CTA study material 774
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 402
- Employment related securities question 311
- AIM Stocks and IHT 286
- Expat pension contributions? 261
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 260
- Trust for Employee 241
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 189
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 149