Salary / Dividend split but director has previous 11/12 earnings
Could I ask you community members for the benefit of your intelligence on this please
I've just taken on a new client who's just formed a limited company but was until a couple of weeks ago an employee (HR taxpayer).
Thinking about the Salary / Dividend split, I'm taking him onto his company payroll with monthly salary at rate just under the NIC primary threshold. My rational is that Nic's are charged on each payment and he's paid a regular monthly salary, therefore the strategy of monthly pay with only a very small amount eligible for secondary contributions and none eligible for primary would work would'nt it ?
I have got this right hav'nt I ? Just want to be sure that his earnings from previous employment will not impact on.
The rest would be paid dividend. He'll have used up his personal allowance for the remainder of this year but at least we'll have established a salary for next tax year.
Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
Ps would you agree that its best to pay up to the primary threshold ?
- Set up a company pension 284
- RTI Fees 272
- Where's our 10%? 250
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 248
- Driving sales growth 211
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 208
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 202
- CIS late registration 199
- EIS 198
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 189
- Break up basis accounting 185
- Best structure 175
- Accounts production software for business SSC 175
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 166
- Property owned privately 165
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 165
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 149
- 2400% marginal rate tax 149
- Accruing for fixed asset invoice 144
- ICB certificate... any benefits? 135