Salary Sacrifice - Pension Contribution
We pay £600 per month to an employees personal pension scheme and have treated the payment as Salary Sacrifice through Sage Payroll.
The payment is deducted from Gross salary and the Income Tax and National Insurance amounts are therefore less than if it was made directly from Net pay.
The question is, are we able to make a payment to an employee's pension scheme (which has nothing to do with us as employer) through salary sacrifice or is salary sacrifice only available for contributions made to an employer-related pension scheme?
- Deferring dividends on paper 92 5
- VAT Query on new build 49 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 110 1
- flat rate scheme 2,270 42
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 131 4
- Family Partnership 214 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 45 1
- P11D Car Value 238 6
- Signed accounts for bank 602 12
- NOVA declaration 91 1
- Business valuation advice 701 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,477 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,217 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 269 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,092 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 155 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 377 5
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 794 11
- HMRC Postal Delays 437 10
- Legal advisor recommendation please 326 5