Salary Sacrifice - Pension Contribution
We pay £600 per month to an employees personal pension scheme and have treated the payment as Salary Sacrifice through Sage Payroll.
The payment is deducted from Gross salary and the Income Tax and National Insurance amounts are therefore less than if it was made directly from Net pay.
The question is, are we able to make a payment to an employee's pension scheme (which has nothing to do with us as employer) through salary sacrifice or is salary sacrifice only available for contributions made to an employer-related pension scheme?
- Personal Tax 191 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,863 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 239 2
- Xerocon 2016 812 12
- Mortgage Reference 168 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 154 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,177 45
- Practical experience 850 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 432 9
- VAT 307 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 218 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 183 1
- last minute request 286 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 80 1
- Cash gift from India 503 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 84 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 461 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 126 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 277 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 669 6