Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 509 18
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 678 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 295 16
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 74 2
- Personal pension 432 9
- Business rates consultancy 260 4
- Wrong tax code 156 6
- Benefit in Kind 242 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 74 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 254 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,054 31
- Deferred Tax 469 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 206 1
- You know its over 481 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 241 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 142 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 231 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,271 14
- Cocaine anyone? 621 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 149 2
- Hive up 509
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 473
- corporate hierarchy 451
- Advice - 291
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 236
- WWOOFers 229
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 216
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 192
- The booking.com con 168
- UK State pension paid in NZ 163