Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Dress code 1,511 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 453 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 221 6
- Limited company buying director's car 222 8
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 412 7
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 349 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 460 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 110 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 71 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 172 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 148 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,406 17
- Scottish Independance 757 23
- New laptop - any suggestions please 1,248 26
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 198 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 262 11
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 171 1
- Historical figures for WTC 97 1
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 1,245 16
- Commercial kitchen equipement deemed chattels for SDLT and capital allowances purposes? 139 2
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 471
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 377
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 276
- Expat pension contributions? 250
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 248
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 143