Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- When do we qualify for state pension? 87 2
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 92 4
- BTC vs Digita 950 29
- Seeking a tax case 203 8
- How much to charge for payroll? 697 15
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 244 4
- See you all on the other side 189 5
- VATABLE Income 170 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 100 2
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 243 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 387 6
- P11D software 70 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 439 9
- VAT - business splitting 226 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 578 16
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 401 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 946 16
- Jersey - VAT 108 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 293 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 130 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 350
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 242
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185