Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,545 15
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 44 2
- Corporation tax - group relief on 75% subsidiary 97 2
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 443 7
- Unpaid company directors and self employment 152 2
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 387 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 152 2
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 426 13
- Real names 971 32
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 281 7
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,630 10
- Best apps for clients 169 2
- Theatre as charitable company 137 3
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 283 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 422 12
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 338 1
- Fixed Assets 181 2
- CGT on Sale of shop 173 2
- HMRC list of tax avoidance schemes 205 1
- Dividend payment date 2,047 36
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 574
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 443
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 349
- IFA incorporation 329
- Sorry ignore me 288
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 268
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 255
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 250
- Cancelled 191
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 160