Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 773 32
- Classic cars investment 211 6
- BrightPay 570 16
- VAT silly question 2,373 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,071 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 125 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 234 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 245 6
- Federation Accounts 354 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 535 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 278 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 137 2
- Late reply from HMRC 252 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 284 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,666 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,792 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 505 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 225 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 235 8
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Income tax on foreign dividends 185
- Clubs and Taxable Income 184
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180