Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 89 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 202 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 86 1
- Added years superannuation 72 2
- Giving a seminar 539 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 202 1
- JIEB Exams 138 1
- RTI 102 1
- Christmas party 116 1
- Am i Liable? 144 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 746 10
- Checking a contract 296 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 238 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 162 7
- VAT on garage rent 328 14
- Value-shifting 81 1
- Pattern for CTA 212 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 455 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,220
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 178
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150