Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 36 1
- SA302 239 4
- Hosted email exchange 159 5
- South African Government Pension 172 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 145 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 228 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 284 13
- Prefer to start accepting Online Card Payments 149 1
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 227 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 135 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 267 7
- New Email Extensions 164 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 288 2
- Dental practice incorpration 141 1
- Audit rules 169 4
- Go Cardless 295 8
- business entertaining deductibility 162 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 204 2
- R & D 113 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 97 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 338
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 287
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Mehjoo 224
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- CIS schemes 156
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 153
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 143