Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- HMRC Postal Delays 272 8
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,270 12
- Termination Payment 465 15
- Company Share Buy Back 327 8
- P11D Car Value 86 2
- Business lending another business money (UK) 236 6
- Stand alone practice management software 1,967 30
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 284 5
- bookkeeping system 673 9
- Legal advisor recommendation please 179 3
- Landing clients 701 21
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 553 6
- Signed accounts for bank 525 10
- Non-Taxable Expenses Reimbursement 126 3
- Time to react ? ? ? 669 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 147 2
- Dividends 150 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 140 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 334 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 138 1