Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 171 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 135 4
- IT advisory questions? 135 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 777 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 89 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 390 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 492 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 450 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 612 12
- More AE! 645 14
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 112 4
- PAYE 1,611 17
- Scanners 99 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,110 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 117 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 116 3
- Invoice dispute 597 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 275 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 425 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 103 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,145
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 481
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 261
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 222
- Director phone costs 220
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 193
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 172
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 147