Santander £100 transfer incentive
In 2011 Santander offered £100 for transfers from accounts with other banks.
There were certain conditions to be met but generally it was offered to both Business and Private accounts.
It was described as a "Cash Back".
Any thoughts on how to treat this in a Sole-Trader situation???
There were no charges so surely not a discount.
It does not appear to be similar to the Halifax "Interest/bonus" scheme.
Is it an "Ex gratia" gift or Capital receipt to come into CGT.
I guess it all depends on how Santander have treated it in their accounts, but they have not responded.
Small beer but it's the principle !!
- Childcare voucher scheme for a director earning the minimum amount 105 5
- Online or Paper 64-8? 374 7
- Notes on related parties 94 4
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 280 2
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 309 4
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 556 12
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 602 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 582 20
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 417 8
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 446 9
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 587 9
- iris update 11.9.2 395 6
- Sports Sponsorship 253 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 165 2
- Paid too much !! 503 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 138 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 259 1
- will this work for IHT 289 2
- Best software for small practice? 691 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,787 39
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 774
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 457
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 277
- DTA tie-breaker issue 265
- CGT for NOn UK residents 227
- Apprenticeship Levy 204
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 198
- Capital Gains personal representatives 185
- Just checking re PSA 180
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 173