Second Hand Fixtures
My client is in the process on purchasing a second hand commercial building within which are contained a number of integral fixtures such as lifts.
The seller is a property developer and as such has held the property in trading stock throughout the ownership period (owned since pre April 2012). Therefore no capital allowances have been available to be claimed by the seller.
Upon purchase, my client would like to claim capital allowances however the legislation contained within FA2012 must be considered for himself (and future potential claimants) however it is not clear to me what the requirements are in this situation.
No valid S198 election is possible as the seller was not entitled to claim capital allowances and so brings no disposal value in under CAA2001 S196 however where does this leave my client, the purchaser in respect of future claims and expenditure to claim allowances on?
The seller previusly bought the property from a receivor and to their knowledge no one previously has claimed capital allowances on these fixtures, however this is not known with any certainty.
Is it just a matter of obtaining a fair value apportionment of the fixtures value and then allowances are available to the purchaser on this value? Is this the only requirement even though it is not known whether any claims have previously been made?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....
- Lorry Drivers 312 5
- Cash basis 148 5
- Undeclared rental income 1,576 16
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 199 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,382 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 95 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 263 3
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,083 11
- PRR 568 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 196 2
- Partially exempt? 307 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 247 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 532 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 113 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 240 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 210 4
- Money laundering POCA 382 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 105 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 196 3
- client threatening legal action 2,046 29
- Skandia using wrong address 524
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 286
- Employee rewards 276
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 246
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 239
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 138