Second Hand Fixtures
My client is in the process on purchasing a second hand commercial building within which are contained a number of integral fixtures such as lifts.
The seller is a property developer and as such has held the property in trading stock throughout the ownership period (owned since pre April 2012). Therefore no capital allowances have been available to be claimed by the seller.
Upon purchase, my client would like to claim capital allowances however the legislation contained within FA2012 must be considered for himself (and future potential claimants) however it is not clear to me what the requirements are in this situation.
No valid S198 election is possible as the seller was not entitled to claim capital allowances and so brings no disposal value in under CAA2001 S196 however where does this leave my client, the purchaser in respect of future claims and expenditure to claim allowances on?
The seller previusly bought the property from a receivor and to their knowledge no one previously has claimed capital allowances on these fixtures, however this is not known with any certainty.
Is it just a matter of obtaining a fair value apportionment of the fixtures value and then allowances are available to the purchaser on this value? Is this the only requirement even though it is not known whether any claims have previously been made?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 630 9
- COMPANY STRIKE OFF 22 1
- Sole Trader to Ltd 112 1
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 428 13
- VT accounts licence key 371 6
- Starting up in practice - safety net 428 9
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 495 10
- Opening balances Sage 50 55 1
- Flat rate vat 330 4
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 237 6
- Rental property company 185 2
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 186 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,477 27
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,211 35
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 416 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 327 4
- Payroo Employer allowance query 291 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 411 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 247 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 222 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 833
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 578
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 450
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 323
- Free Tax Legislation? 303
- Director Loan account operation 284
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 270
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 264
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 244
- Paye procedures for CVA 184