Second Hand Fixtures
My client is in the process on purchasing a second hand commercial building within which are contained a number of integral fixtures such as lifts.
The seller is a property developer and as such has held the property in trading stock throughout the ownership period (owned since pre April 2012). Therefore no capital allowances have been available to be claimed by the seller.
Upon purchase, my client would like to claim capital allowances however the legislation contained within FA2012 must be considered for himself (and future potential claimants) however it is not clear to me what the requirements are in this situation.
No valid S198 election is possible as the seller was not entitled to claim capital allowances and so brings no disposal value in under CAA2001 S196 however where does this leave my client, the purchaser in respect of future claims and expenditure to claim allowances on?
The seller previusly bought the property from a receivor and to their knowledge no one previously has claimed capital allowances on these fixtures, however this is not known with any certainty.
Is it just a matter of obtaining a fair value apportionment of the fixtures value and then allowances are available to the purchaser on this value? Is this the only requirement even though it is not known whether any claims have previously been made?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....
- Not a good start no broadband 388 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,168 30
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 148 2
- Question regarding gym training 308 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 952 16
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 107 2
- CIS Deductions 218 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 112 2
- is this fraud? 618 11
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,337 27
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 407 8
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 630 10
- Property initial recognition 147 2
- P11D Dispensation 226 3
- CPD 124 1
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 430 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 153 1
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 195 4
- Directors Subsistence 402 3
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 219 2
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 569
- Cancelled 339
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 327
- Cancelled 280
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 248
- Probiz 229
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 170
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 170
- Car leasing scheme 162
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 149