Second Hand Fixtures
My client is in the process on purchasing a second hand commercial building within which are contained a number of integral fixtures such as lifts.
The seller is a property developer and as such has held the property in trading stock throughout the ownership period (owned since pre April 2012). Therefore no capital allowances have been available to be claimed by the seller.
Upon purchase, my client would like to claim capital allowances however the legislation contained within FA2012 must be considered for himself (and future potential claimants) however it is not clear to me what the requirements are in this situation.
No valid S198 election is possible as the seller was not entitled to claim capital allowances and so brings no disposal value in under CAA2001 S196 however where does this leave my client, the purchaser in respect of future claims and expenditure to claim allowances on?
The seller previusly bought the property from a receivor and to their knowledge no one previously has claimed capital allowances on these fixtures, however this is not known with any certainty.
Is it just a matter of obtaining a fair value apportionment of the fixtures value and then allowances are available to the purchaser on this value? Is this the only requirement even though it is not known whether any claims have previously been made?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....
- Xero Pain Points 216 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 83 1
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,619 58
- HMRC site down ? 67 3
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 46 1
- The importance of Grammar 821 22
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 108 5
- Small hotel - food for personal use 163 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 121 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 335 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 138 4
- New starter - tax code 117 3
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 569 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 225 3
- Childcare 263 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 223 2
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 797 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 117 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 207 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,468 18
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 359
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 296
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 281
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 278
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 269
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 193
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170