Second Hand Fixtures
My client is in the process on purchasing a second hand commercial building within which are contained a number of integral fixtures such as lifts.
The seller is a property developer and as such has held the property in trading stock throughout the ownership period (owned since pre April 2012). Therefore no capital allowances have been available to be claimed by the seller.
Upon purchase, my client would like to claim capital allowances however the legislation contained within FA2012 must be considered for himself (and future potential claimants) however it is not clear to me what the requirements are in this situation.
No valid S198 election is possible as the seller was not entitled to claim capital allowances and so brings no disposal value in under CAA2001 S196 however where does this leave my client, the purchaser in respect of future claims and expenditure to claim allowances on?
The seller previusly bought the property from a receivor and to their knowledge no one previously has claimed capital allowances on these fixtures, however this is not known with any certainty.
Is it just a matter of obtaining a fair value apportionment of the fixtures value and then allowances are available to the purchaser on this value? Is this the only requirement even though it is not known whether any claims have previously been made?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.....
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 143 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 28 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 242 6
- CIS 33 1
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 593 12
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 96 1
- Really?! 669 9
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 280 4
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 163 3
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 447 6
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 888 12
- Is the CT61 return dead? 269 4
- Car Purchase 128 1
- Directors liability insurance and scope 162 7
- IR35 115 1
- Car benefit or not? 1,919 18
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 282 3
- Questions from Liquidator 2,266 24
- Drawing Down Directors Current account 1,579 9
- backpack 239 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 704
- 2015 tax year end 436
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 412
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 350
- Costly Accounting Software contract 302
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 254
- Directors' advances and credits 250
- DTA tie-breaker issue 238
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 220
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 201