i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 583 25
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 116 2
- monthly payments 30 1
- Fixed Assets 292 6
- Tick & Bash Bristol 351 6
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 243 12
- Client Death 219 2
- Coding notices post P11d 1,848 12
- Tax position re this lease? 190 3
- Normal trading company or property management company for CT600? 143 1
- What are options for non CA firm 1,689 26
- Real names 1,179 35
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 95 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 158 2
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 266 8
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 196 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,950 35
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 228 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,391 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 721 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 586
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 340
- Sorry ignore me 329
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 282
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 277
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 266
- Cancelled 209
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 179