i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,410 423
- PRR 37 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 25 1
- Pension Contributions Relief 411 13
- References for clients 120 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 183 5
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 996 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 99 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 40 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 301 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 75 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 277 1
- corp tax software 293 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 193 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 157 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 562 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 349 16
- Is this fraud? 561 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 97 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 283 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,291
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 147
- CIS paid under reg 9 133