i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Dress code 152 6
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 238 9
- Help Required 329 9
- directors control and tax problems 165 5
- Fastest Software 760 13
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 927 28
- What's in a name ? 295 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 229 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 423 15
- Bulk Invoicing 167 6
- What would you do in this situation? 537 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 147 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 242 2
- ATED Penalties 272 1
- late second payment on account 169 2
- US royalties 96 2
- Project being run jointly 137 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 182 2
- Sole trader mix up 305 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 752 6
- CTA study material 702
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 425
- Employment related securities question 268
- AIM Stocks and IHT 246
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 200
- Trust for Employee 187
- Expat pension contributions? 186
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 158
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 136