i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- HMRC Security Deposit 255 11
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 40 1
- Overlap profits 261 12
- Invoicing for monthly clients 279 6
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 487 10
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 653 10
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 202 2
- Business only use of company car 1,491 33
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 327 1
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 220 3
- Tax - Paying Yearly 504 17
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 293 5
- Flat rate start date issue 146 2
- Financial Forecasting software recommendations please 460 4
- converting garage to use as office 426 3
- HOW is anyone obtaining an EORI number prior to shipment? 174 3
- Anyone using PracticePA? 297 5
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 669 26
- Seeking advice: CGT after divorce when house sold and neither party was resident 243 3
- New company uses old Bank Account 271 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 383
- Any thoughts on Capium? 350
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 274
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 234
- French ConnectionUK 181
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 180
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 169
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 165
- APN's 160