i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 99 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 199 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 237 6
- Federation Accounts 347 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 522 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 266 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 105 2
- Late reply from HMRC 240 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 280 6
- VAT silly question 2,356 55
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,646 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,414 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,788 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 499 11
- Classic cars investment 194 5
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 210 3
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 231 8
- RTI - new employee 191 3
- Failure to operate PAYE 604 22
- H&W company 144 2
- Benchmarking 482
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 400
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 203
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 200
- Income tax on foreign dividends 184
- Clubs and Taxable Income 182
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 179