i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Surcharges on very late VAT 206 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 420 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 250 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 102 2
- Was I rude 786 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 282 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 213 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 288 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 282 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 195 6
- Non-compete agreement 183 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 198 1
- Any views 739 1
- IRIS Practice Management 145 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 108 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 94 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 175 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 309 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 258 1
- Top slicing relief question 237 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,483
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 820
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 421
- Sale of business 395
- NOVA 290
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 203
- Bonus Bonds 176
- Management expenses for investment company 173
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 171