i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Excel query 23 1
- Payment on account penalties 49 3
- Tax on free shares 94 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 171 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 166 8
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 107 1
- Audit 447 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 374 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 101 3
- Buying a horse?? 384 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 179 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 734 21
- PITA ex-client 208 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 237 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 347 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 320 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,663 19
- New supplier 141 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 824 22
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 250 13
- CTA study material 798
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 490
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 451
- Employment related securities question 317
- AIM Stocks and IHT 303
- Expat pension contributions? 276
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 273
- Trust for Employee 252
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 219
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 157