i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 196 7
- statutory maternity pay 75 3
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,036 39
- VAT & Offshore Companies 270 8
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 394 8
- Auto Enrolment 133 1
- Cut-off accounting question 135 5
- DIRECTOR LOAN ACCOUNT AND BALANCE 419 9
- Offshore bond assigned to UK discretionary trust 59 2
- Freelance/Employee 215 7
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,194 12
- Depreciation on purchase of software 272 4
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 205 1
- What would you do? 501 4
- Remove Extinguished Charge 208 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 611 19
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 81 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 303 8
- Liquidation caught by transactions in securities? 79 1
- Class of Shares 134 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 385
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 338
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 316
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 304
- Electric Car 256
- S222 Charge 223
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 216
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 203
- Company Structure 198
- How to treat NI and PAYE for overseas staff employed in UK? 164