i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- Sage Payroll 294 11
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 77 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 192 6
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,042 33
- vat return 252 3
- Flat rate vat 117 1
- Value pricing 720 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 152 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 211 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 290 4
- Reregister for VAT 144 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 199 6
- Weely paid employees 248 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 491 11
- Director's tax return 294 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 223 6
- Wrong career 488 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 296 7
- Laptop purchase 1,403 20
- PTP software disaster 291 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 551
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 419
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 296
- Free Tax Legislation? 268
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 246
- Director Loan account operation 245
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 240
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 230
- Paye procedures for CVA 160