i could use some experienced advice, for i ran out of ideas and options.
i worked for like 6 months (september 2011 february 2012) as a self employed labourer through a workforce agency . i had to pay 30 percent tax (im not a british national and i only have an utr number not a national insurance number (didnt bother to get one.. i know i should have got one)
the only reason for doing such a crazy thing and paying so much tax was because i was certain that ill get it all back (the gross income is under 7000 quid) kinda like some forcefull saving ...you might say
i did the SA online, because i thought i ll get the money faster. but here i am , still nothing in my account.
i called them and emailed them and they told me that they sent me a letter telling me of what to rectify, but i received nothing. (i live in a shared apartment, and mail usually gets lost) called them and told them that ... they told me theyll call me ...nobody did.
i cant tell you how bad i need that money, for now i am unemployed, relying on my friends, debt ridden.
my best bet is that i made a mistake when filling the SA online, even though i cant see how i could have done that, for i only completed the short self employed page and put in those figures that i received from the company that payed my taxes from the anual cis report .
when i log on the hmrc site i get the message : you have overpaid. xxxx is available for repayment.
great !!!! i request a repayment put in my account details, and after 48 hours nothing happens and i can do it again.
when i click on (repayments paid) i get the amount that i am owned "not yet allocated"
i could really use some advice, what can i do to get that money asap. if i find an accountant will he/she be able to get me that money within 1-2 weeks ??
what can i do ???
- transitioning payroll 185 6
- dividend proposals 41 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 204 2
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 71 1
- Deduction from Salary 264 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 161 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,681 60
- Dividend dates 532 9
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 64 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 422 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 152 2
- 12 Pay Problems 236 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 225 3
- Sole properietor 104 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 85 1
- Redudancy 68 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 473 13
- VAT - Recharge 84 2
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 347 4
- Legal title not in the company name 223 9
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 308
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 278
- Probiz 270
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 226
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 226
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 171