Please could you help me with a few questions regarding my self assessment form.
1. I have invested £10k into an EIS investment scheme but have only paid about £2000 income tax in the last tax year. When the self assessment forms asks me how much EIS investment I'm claiming, should I enter £6666.66 (therefore giving a tax relief of £2000 at 30%)? And then can I claim the remaining investment of £3333.33 in the next tax year?
2. I entered the student loan repayments deducted by my employer as about £850, but the self assessment calculation shows a student loan repayment charge of £1200. How can this be?
3. Does the extra £150 from question 2 get sent to credit my account at the student loan company? I thought they were two completely seperate organisations?
4. Someone told me that I'm not obliged to declare any student loan information on the self-assessment due to information protection - i.e. my agreement with the student loan company is none of HMRC's business?
5. My P60 has a figure for "Tax deducted" - is this income tax plus national insurance but excluding student loan repayments? - I don't see any reference to national insurance on the self-assessment's detailed tax calculation so how does it know how much is eligible to be paid back for the EIS invesment tax rebate (given that only income tax, and not national insurance, can be claimed back).
Many thank you for your help,
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 36 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,036 22
- VAT Option to tax 345 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief 71 3
- Sage payroll 623 13
- Consortium relief and bad debts 79 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 979 17
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 246 13
- Laptop purchase 1,554 21
- CVA guidance 104 2
- BEST CPD COURSE 98 1
- Total cost of employment 273 3
- Accountancy software for an imac 258 6
- PAYE Coding Notices 522 10
- directors loan movements and repayments 241 3
- VAT registration for "co-operative" formed to provide flood defences 69 1
- Business travel apps 78 2
- EIS - connection through employment 66 1
- Weely paid employees 341 4
- Payroll - Previous year not filed 135 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 891
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 624
- Free Tax Legislation? 382
- Director Loan account operation 380
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 326
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 307
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 303
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 277
- Paye procedures for CVA 209
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 200