Please could you help me with a few questions regarding my self assessment form.
1. I have invested £10k into an EIS investment scheme but have only paid about £2000 income tax in the last tax year. When the self assessment forms asks me how much EIS investment I'm claiming, should I enter £6666.66 (therefore giving a tax relief of £2000 at 30%)? And then can I claim the remaining investment of £3333.33 in the next tax year?
2. I entered the student loan repayments deducted by my employer as about £850, but the self assessment calculation shows a student loan repayment charge of £1200. How can this be?
3. Does the extra £150 from question 2 get sent to credit my account at the student loan company? I thought they were two completely seperate organisations?
4. Someone told me that I'm not obliged to declare any student loan information on the self-assessment due to information protection - i.e. my agreement with the student loan company is none of HMRC's business?
5. My P60 has a figure for "Tax deducted" - is this income tax plus national insurance but excluding student loan repayments? - I don't see any reference to national insurance on the self-assessment's detailed tax calculation so how does it know how much is eligible to be paid back for the EIS invesment tax rebate (given that only income tax, and not national insurance, can be claimed back).
Many thank you for your help,
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,274 36
- Accountancy Career 516 12
- MAAT vs ACCA 528 10
- E-Magazines and pdfs 68 1
- Yorkshire Day 344 24
- Vat on Payments on Account 80 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 911 25
- Deleted question? 242 3
- CRM systems? 57 1
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,121 22
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 101 5
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- calculation DTR restriction 152 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 64 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 166 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,867 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 409 12
- Flat rate VAT 263 5
- Client payment options 103 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 132 1
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 556
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Probiz 344
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 212
- More spam 173