Please could you help me with a few questions regarding my self assessment form.
1. I have invested £10k into an EIS investment scheme but have only paid about £2000 income tax in the last tax year. When the self assessment forms asks me how much EIS investment I'm claiming, should I enter £6666.66 (therefore giving a tax relief of £2000 at 30%)? And then can I claim the remaining investment of £3333.33 in the next tax year?
2. I entered the student loan repayments deducted by my employer as about £850, but the self assessment calculation shows a student loan repayment charge of £1200. How can this be?
3. Does the extra £150 from question 2 get sent to credit my account at the student loan company? I thought they were two completely seperate organisations?
4. Someone told me that I'm not obliged to declare any student loan information on the self-assessment due to information protection - i.e. my agreement with the student loan company is none of HMRC's business?
5. My P60 has a figure for "Tax deducted" - is this income tax plus national insurance but excluding student loan repayments? - I don't see any reference to national insurance on the self-assessment's detailed tax calculation so how does it know how much is eligible to be paid back for the EIS invesment tax rebate (given that only income tax, and not national insurance, can be claimed back).
Many thank you for your help,
- Self assessment tax arrears 15 1
- Go Cardless 199 6
- R & D 86 3
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 838 50
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 724 16
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 189 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 44 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 83 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 95 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 86 1
- New Business Registration 193 5
- Audit rules 126 3
- Hosted email exchange 109 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 117 1
- G P life time allowance 92 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 351 11
- Bringing money to Uk 196 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 103 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 103 2
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 190 5
- Xtuple 492
- Qtac payroll for bureau 331
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 275
- Industrial & Provident Societies 271
- Mehjoo 213
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 213
- New strategic report 167
- Domain name sale and limited company 151
- South African Government Pension 147
- CIS schemes 141