Please could you help me with a few questions regarding my self assessment form.
1. I have invested £10k into an EIS investment scheme but have only paid about £2000 income tax in the last tax year. When the self assessment forms asks me how much EIS investment I'm claiming, should I enter £6666.66 (therefore giving a tax relief of £2000 at 30%)? And then can I claim the remaining investment of £3333.33 in the next tax year?
2. I entered the student loan repayments deducted by my employer as about £850, but the self assessment calculation shows a student loan repayment charge of £1200. How can this be?
3. Does the extra £150 from question 2 get sent to credit my account at the student loan company? I thought they were two completely seperate organisations?
4. Someone told me that I'm not obliged to declare any student loan information on the self-assessment due to information protection - i.e. my agreement with the student loan company is none of HMRC's business?
5. My P60 has a figure for "Tax deducted" - is this income tax plus national insurance but excluding student loan repayments? - I don't see any reference to national insurance on the self-assessment's detailed tax calculation so how does it know how much is eligible to be paid back for the EIS invesment tax rebate (given that only income tax, and not national insurance, can be claimed back).
Many thank you for your help,
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 277 4
- Family property company Benefit in Kind and ATED issues 70 1
- PPR ELECTION 331 10
- Microsoft One Drive 265 8
- Capital Allowances for cars/hackney carriages 109 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 385 4
- Invoices 152 1
- Not a question but made my day 650 14
- Accounts Package 288 8
- Question about VAT Group Registration 129 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 650 18
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 268 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 410 8
- VAT on property 145 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 304 4
- Late night meals self employed 377 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 425 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 275 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,908 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 142 1
- NHS finance professionals 573
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 379
- Foreign Pension Contribution 349
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 330
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 312
- vat gross profit percentage margins 310
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 287
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 255
- Thinning income 236
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 208