Please could you help me with a few questions regarding my self assessment form.
1. I have invested £10k into an EIS investment scheme but have only paid about £2000 income tax in the last tax year. When the self assessment forms asks me how much EIS investment I'm claiming, should I enter £6666.66 (therefore giving a tax relief of £2000 at 30%)? And then can I claim the remaining investment of £3333.33 in the next tax year?
2. I entered the student loan repayments deducted by my employer as about £850, but the self assessment calculation shows a student loan repayment charge of £1200. How can this be?
3. Does the extra £150 from question 2 get sent to credit my account at the student loan company? I thought they were two completely seperate organisations?
4. Someone told me that I'm not obliged to declare any student loan information on the self-assessment due to information protection - i.e. my agreement with the student loan company is none of HMRC's business?
5. My P60 has a figure for "Tax deducted" - is this income tax plus national insurance but excluding student loan repayments? - I don't see any reference to national insurance on the self-assessment's detailed tax calculation so how does it know how much is eligible to be paid back for the EIS invesment tax rebate (given that only income tax, and not national insurance, can be claimed back).
Many thank you for your help,
- HMRC property income enquiry 96 4
- I have done a terrible thing 305 8
- two business from one premises 60 2
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 178 3
- AIA 189 16
- Company car but paying for insurance personally - reduces benefit in kind? 275 20
- partnership tax return 100 5
- Client has already received 13/14 tax refund 88 2
- How to deal with CGT relief on Directors Loan following company sale 51 2
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 279 6
- Gov.UK - can we have HMRC.gov.uk back? 1,143 27
- Anyone else still working this week? 180 4
- s455 tax 95 3
- Van Benefit in Kind Query 64 1
- LLp Profits 82 3
- Am I getting Soft?? 534 12
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 197 3
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,489 44
- Taxation of the sale Record rights 95 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 360 18
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 490
- corporate hierarchy 463
- Advice - 313
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 258
- WWOOFers 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 230
- The booking.com con 222
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 211
- Cocaine anyone? 199
- UK State pension paid in NZ 169