Self assessment - determinations
A new client came to me at the beginning of the year with a single return outstanding from 2006/07.
I submitted a return immediately showing that no tax was due and the penalties were cancelled out. However, HMRC are sayign that the tax is still due as the return was submitted outside of the 4 year cut off period.
Is there anything we can do to challenge this as it seems ridiculously unfair?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,076 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 115 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 595 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 103 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 99 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 156 1
- How to deal with prior year error 149 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 525 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,336 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,046 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 404 4
- Exemption from CGT 229 2
- VAT Registration 239 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 431 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 333 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 186 3
- Moneysoft error 435 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26