Self assessment - determinations
A new client came to me at the beginning of the year with a single return outstanding from 2006/07.
I submitted a return immediately showing that no tax was due and the penalties were cancelled out. However, HMRC are sayign that the tax is still due as the return was submitted outside of the 4 year cut off period.
Is there anything we can do to challenge this as it seems ridiculously unfair?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Signed accounts for bank 612 13
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 814 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 90 3
- flat rate scheme 2,297 45
- Business lending another business money (UK) 278 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 126 5
- VAT Query on new build 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 124 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 135 4
- Family Partnership 221 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 63 1
- P11D Car Value 245 6
- NOVA declaration 96 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,490 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 281 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,101 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 164 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 380 5