Self assessment query
I wonder if anyone can help?
One of my clients invested £650,000 in a clerical medical offshore investment bond in the tax year 10/11 via a financial advisor. Unfortunately his financial advisor forgot to actually place the funds. The advisor has worked out the interest he would have made if he had invested the funds and has given this to my client as a goodwill gesture. Could anyone help me out with how to account for this cash on his tax return, I am stumped!
Thanks so much!
- TaxCalc Accounts production 116 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 399 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 72 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 624 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 573 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 206 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 180 3
- Paper tax return 156 4
- Start up allowance? 378 12
- Will I need to resign? 203 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 246 3
- AIA or IFA 458 7
- Surely not? 462 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 643 9
- Late Registration for VAT 364 11