Self assessment query
I wonder if anyone can help?
One of my clients invested £650,000 in a clerical medical offshore investment bond in the tax year 10/11 via a financial advisor. Unfortunately his financial advisor forgot to actually place the funds. The advisor has worked out the interest he would have made if he had invested the funds and has given this to my client as a goodwill gesture. Could anyone help me out with how to account for this cash on his tax return, I am stumped!
Thanks so much!
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,062 31
- incorrect old p60 327 7
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 221 3
- Missing tax return 333 4
- r there any crustie unemployed failed accounting clerks here ? 338 3
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 141 2
- Inflation and fees 1,376 24
- Sage Priority Support 172 3
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 191 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 825 24
- Micro-entity accounts 215 1
- Related party disclosure 203 3
- Company reconstruction 136 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 232 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 148 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 169 1
- Advice please! 415 2
- VAT on new builds 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 147 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 384 6