Self-Employed expenses Rented Accommodation
I had a new client come to me yesterday with about 4 tax returns outstanding.
He worked on a Commission-Only Self-employed basis as a Stockbroker in an office in Scotland. He lives in Kent but rented out a flat in Scotland. He returned to Kent only 3 times a year for a week at a time to see his family.
He is asking if he can claim for his flights to/from Scotland and whether he can claim for his rent in Scotland. (He is not hopeful on either and nor am I).
He worked in Scotland from Nov 2008 to Feb 2013 (he is finishing at the end of next month).
There is no evidence he was organising his business from his home in Kent.
Any help would be most appreciated.
- First RTI P45 94 1
- Company Takeover Accounting policies 16 1
- EC VAT registration - place of supply 76 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 109 1
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 146 2
- Gross sales to purchases 131 1
- I know ... 1,235 4
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 688 18
- Tax on principal private residence 226 4
- extra 5p per mile for passengers 231 3
- What are the typical deductible expenses? 256 2
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 237 4
- Personal pension contributions 253 4
- Claiming tax relief on goodwill 324 4
- RTI Filing 951 20
- Staff entertaining or not? 266 3
- Sole Trader Start Up- Employment Help 400 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 216 4
- IR35 and working for an EU company 134 1
- Shareholder Loan write off 459 21
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 703
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 471
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 309
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 280
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 247
- growth voucher supplier 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 189
- VAT on Gaming Machines 171
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 159
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 156