Self-Employed expenses Rented Accommodation
I had a new client come to me yesterday with about 4 tax returns outstanding.
He worked on a Commission-Only Self-employed basis as a Stockbroker in an office in Scotland. He lives in Kent but rented out a flat in Scotland. He returned to Kent only 3 times a year for a week at a time to see his family.
He is asking if he can claim for his flights to/from Scotland and whether he can claim for his rent in Scotland. (He is not hopeful on either and nor am I).
He worked in Scotland from Nov 2008 to Feb 2013 (he is finishing at the end of next month).
There is no evidence he was organising his business from his home in Kent.
Any help would be most appreciated.
- Overseas bank interest 82 2
- Undeclared rental income 1,822 19
- Kasperskey - home pc 292 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 151 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 261 4
- Cash basis 234 7
- Statutory sick pay 111 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,879 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,223 12
- Lorry Drivers 349 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 231 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,540 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 121 1
- PRR 583 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 216 2
- Partially exempt? 316 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 258 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 586 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 250 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 212 4
- Skandia using wrong address 529
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 291
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 242
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 231
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139