Self-Employed expenses Rented Accommodation
I had a new client come to me yesterday with about 4 tax returns outstanding.
He worked on a Commission-Only Self-employed basis as a Stockbroker in an office in Scotland. He lives in Kent but rented out a flat in Scotland. He returned to Kent only 3 times a year for a week at a time to see his family.
He is asking if he can claim for his flights to/from Scotland and whether he can claim for his rent in Scotland. (He is not hopeful on either and nor am I).
He worked in Scotland from Nov 2008 to Feb 2013 (he is finishing at the end of next month).
There is no evidence he was organising his business from his home in Kent.
Any help would be most appreciated.
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 140 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 470 7
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 555 18
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 111 5
- Corrupt Excel File 659 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 320 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,946 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,160 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 271 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 355 7
- Personal Tax 391 10
- Xerocon 2016 924 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,604 24
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 107 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 203 4
- last minute request 434 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,232 46
- Practical experience 891 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 267 2
- Mortgage Reference 298 2