Its my first posting here and I hope you will be able to help me.
I have decided this weekend, to build up my self employed business again. A lot of years ago, I worked alone from home providing book-keeping and accounting services for sole traders and partnerships. I still have kept my hand in over the years with family members businesses (sadly gratis!), but have worked in industry as a QBE Accountant for the last 20 years currently as Financial Controller for a manufacturing company.
I am intending on rejoining as a member of AAT, but am not looking to study further unless specifically required, but believe AAT are good with assistance re indemnity insurance etc for members.
I have created a basic website (and will improve it in coming weeks).
I will be contacting HMRC to register as self employed shortly.
And then the marketing push begins!!!
I just wondered if anyone had any advice, words of wisdom etc.
- Filed CT600 using Taxcalc 57 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 393 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,768 71
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 160 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 672 11
- Which software for practice books? 532 20
- Related Parties Note 641 10
- Dazed & confused 353 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 111 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 139 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 310 7
- trading or dormant 241 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 187 6
- Payroll Liabilities 103 2
- SAGE con 301 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 136 4
- Charity reserves 252 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 146 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,677 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 333 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,047
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 564
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 371
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 280
- Charge out rates in London? 222
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 217
- Personal consumption by landlord 191
- Interest on Loan to a Company 178
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 155
- Agent fees to sell business 149