Client trades as self-employed providing services in the tv industry. She then sets up limited company as she wants to start an employment agency; incurs various costs specific to employment agency (eg. website). But trade as employment agency never commences.
For 6 months (to avoid IR35 I think) she trades thru the ltd company rather than under self-employment. She takes wages at NI threshold and rest as divs.
Does the provision of her services fall under the employment agency trade (making the website costs, etc allowable for tax) or is it a separate trade?
My feeling is it's a separate trade. Client, of course, hoping otherwise!
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 677 18
- Sage Priority Support 77 1
- incorrect old p60 93 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 473 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 341 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 115 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 105 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 119 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,816 26
- Missing tax return 158 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 155 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 550 18
- Physiotherapy 236 3
- Inflation and fees 1,214 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 158 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 142 1