Client trades as self-employed providing services in the tv industry. She then sets up limited company as she wants to start an employment agency; incurs various costs specific to employment agency (eg. website). But trade as employment agency never commences.
For 6 months (to avoid IR35 I think) she trades thru the ltd company rather than under self-employment. She takes wages at NI threshold and rest as divs.
Does the provision of her services fall under the employment agency trade (making the website costs, etc allowable for tax) or is it a separate trade?
My feeling is it's a separate trade. Client, of course, hoping otherwise!
- Disbursement of recharge 392 3
- When to tick the estimated figures on ct600 70 1
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 312 9
- Mortgage Reference 916 16
- Payroll manager and the cloud 316 1
- CIMA CBA or AAT 121 4
- Rental of property in New Zealand 180 1
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 155 1
- RTI offline? 621 2
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 191 1
- CIS and Xero 280 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 276 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 200 2
- property capital gains 416 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 172 2
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 964 9
- Tips on meals 574 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,358 15
- S.455 Tax again 457 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 261 3