Client trades as self-employed providing services in the tv industry. She then sets up limited company as she wants to start an employment agency; incurs various costs specific to employment agency (eg. website). But trade as employment agency never commences.
For 6 months (to avoid IR35 I think) she trades thru the ltd company rather than under self-employment. She takes wages at NI threshold and rest as divs.
Does the provision of her services fall under the employment agency trade (making the website costs, etc allowable for tax) or is it a separate trade?
My feeling is it's a separate trade. Client, of course, hoping otherwise!
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,268 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 881 37
- Second Limited Company 66 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 470 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 282 8
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 102 2
- Probate services 359 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 445 20
- trading losses allowable? 750 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 767 12
- Post AAT? 651 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 101 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 193 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,627 37
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,501 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 128 3
- Sage accounts help 119 1
- Community Faux Pas 823 25
- AAT before CIMA? 141 1
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 110 3