Client trades as self-employed providing services in the tv industry. She then sets up limited company as she wants to start an employment agency; incurs various costs specific to employment agency (eg. website). But trade as employment agency never commences.
For 6 months (to avoid IR35 I think) she trades thru the ltd company rather than under self-employment. She takes wages at NI threshold and rest as divs.
Does the provision of her services fall under the employment agency trade (making the website costs, etc allowable for tax) or is it a separate trade?
My feeling is it's a separate trade. Client, of course, hoping otherwise!
- Networking 259 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,190 33
- VAT refund 248 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 241 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 276 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 80 1
- incorrect old p60 494 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 217 2
- Turnover on a tax return 402 9
- IT Contractor 272 1
- Sage instant account codes 164 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 256 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,959 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 329 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 296 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 417 4
- Inflation and fees 1,431 24