Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,286 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 78 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 271 12
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 130 3
- VAT on motor expenses 876 31
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 152 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 178 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 150 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 733 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 381 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 194 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 321 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 99 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 386 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 89 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 321 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 397 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 131 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 94 1
- VAT Registration 455 19
- Skandia using wrong address 1,539
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 847
- International interest certificate 466
- NOVA 324
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 224
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 215
- Bonus Bonds 205
- Management expenses for investment company 201
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 192
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 179