Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Freelance/Employee 379 10
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 568 11
- Freehold management company 129 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,793 54
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 185 3
- 2 companies, one payroll 170 5
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 205 6
- System selection 224 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 91 1
- Director Liability 94 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 153 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 382 4
- exemptions from CIS 247 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 567 10
- Xero Pain Points 643 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 271 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 238 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,696 56
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 399 3
- How much do you pay for Xero? 310 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 393
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 354
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 333
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 315
- Electric Car 267
- S222 Charge 230
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 226
- Company Structure 207
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 172
- IP trans to holding company 169