Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Unknown cash receipt 1,681 13
- P11d error 397 9
- Need to upgrade from Sage 50 but to what? 126 1
- New use of home - simplified method 86 1
- Associated companies 82 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 200 12
- Rental Income 218 2
- Share restructure 304 11
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 476 8
- Paperless office question 143 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 389 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 920 5
- Stock Valuation 124 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 469 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,893 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 95 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 167 2
- Newsletter 218 4
- Business Challenges 502 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 418 10
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 493
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 327
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 325
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 205
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 167
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 163