Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 977 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 53 1
- Project being run jointly 186 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 585 9
- Dress code 356 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 118 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 317 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 721 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,424 25
- What would you do in this situation? 601 13
- Help Required 384 10
- directors control and tax problems 247 5
- Fastest Software 796 13
- What's in a name ? 357 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 277 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 460 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 170 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 434
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 202
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 201
- Expat pension contributions? 194
- Trust for Employee 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164