Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Where can I get the information for this 361 7
- BrightPay 360 9
- If a company made large profits in 2009, is there a time limit for later losses to be set off against those profits to recover tax? 196 3
- CGT &LLP 69 2
- Am I at risk as an appointed Agent? 538 4
- Setting up an offshore company 90 1
- SDLT on Land Transfer to Connected Company and Averaging Relief 183 16
- Secure document exchange 117 3
- Question for FreeAgent users 158 4
- Any way of declaring a variable dividend? 390 7
- break even point 162 5
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 114 3
- Fax to email providers 326 11
- Payroll software 238 11
- Ghost messages from HMRC...... 131 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 141 4
- How to issue shares to investors 86 1
- Expense management software 629 12
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,106 84
- Tax code 147 1