Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,332 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 176 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 204 2
- "Audit Report" 108 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 494 13
- Coding Notice 238 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 256 6
- New business - journal entries 422 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 234 3
- Payroll software 659 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 285 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 404 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 742 18
- B2B vat in the EU 197 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 207 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 242 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 206 4
- LLP as member of LLP 146 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,856 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 527 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 889
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 724
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 417
- Social investment tax relief 223
- Digita Hosted Software 218
- accounting for this transaction 205
- Call Centre Data Costs 205
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 183
- Travel costs and contractors 178
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 176