Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 149 1
- Large director's pension contribution 583 10
- Stamp Duty 37 1
- Best software for small practice? 770 23
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,745 27
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 107 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,524 26
- substantial shareholding exemption 145 1
- Land Registry 392 5
- Sole Trader or Ltd Company 236 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 483 9
- Company car and the new dividend tax rules 285 4
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 353 12
- Appropriate mileage allowance rate for privately leased car 125 3
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 174 5
- Company Structure 638 16
- Non reporting RTI - penalties 488 8
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,807 40
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 336 7
- Best Auto Enrollment Provider for clients DIY 187 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 789
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 280
- DTA tie-breaker issue 276
- CGT for NOn UK residents 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 213
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 204
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 197
- Just checking re PSA 191
- Capital Gains personal representatives 186