Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Deleted question? 436 9
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 123 4
- Yorkshire Day 451 31
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,490 44
- Agent help line - long queues? 160 3
- Company Director In Prison 596 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,257 23
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 180 6
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 260 6
- Dividend dates 643 11
- calculation DTR restriction 178 5
- MAAT vs ACCA 596 11
- Flat rate VAT 303 6
- Redundancy pay for directors? 1,301 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,847 72
- CRM systems? 117 2
- Accountancy Career 566 13
- Help with HMRC investigation 549 9
- Vat on Payments on Account 174 3
- Estate agents - shared commission 213 5
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 562
- Cancelled 450
- Cancelled 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 368
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 347
- Probiz 345
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 251
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 224
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 219
- More spam 174