Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 260 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,025 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 257 7
- Sage data 97 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 416 9
- Limited company buying a car 355 6
- Funding Circle experience 136 3
- Excel query 101 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,278 13
- Payment on account penalties 110 3
- Tax on free shares 130 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 204 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 124 1
- Audit 486 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 125 3
- Buying a horse?? 428 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 192 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 774 21
- PITA ex-client 273 9
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 367 9
- CTA study material 802
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 494
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 459
- Employment related securities question 321
- AIM Stocks and IHT 308
- Expat pension contributions? 280
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 277
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 229
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 160