Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- General tax book with planning 139 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,193 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 274 11
- Gift of property & improvements 108 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 336 5
- VAT Invoice 124 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 799 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 124 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 210 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 175 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 144 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 443 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 368 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 251 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 160 4
- SA302's anyone?? 534 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 293
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 149