Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- valuation of vehicles 198 12
- Money Laundering Manual 176 4
- directors loan 82 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 549 17
- RTI Mess 466 9
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 334 13
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 326 3
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 972 27
- CIS not deducted 232 4
- Business only use of company car 528 20
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 112 1
- Paying PAYE by Direct Debit 485 17
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,064 8
- Sage Accounts in a mess 460 9
- New Company reviews please 367 9
- Buy to let investors and the budget changes. 431 6
- Tax efficient vehicle 607 11
- CGT on Let Property 200 3
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 380 6
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 459 13
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 269
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 234
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 229
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 207
- Expenses Software 184
- Any thoughts on Capium? 183
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 173
- cgt quoted shares losses 169
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- auto enrolment 167