Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Rogue Accountant 2,822 46
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,535 71
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 5,283 19
- HMRC Scam 242 2
- Departments in Sage 50 85 1
- Where has Portia gone? 682 25
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 213 2
- HMRC, YouTube, ITTOIA... 318 4
- Capital Gains? 256 2
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 103 1
- Partial Exemption relating to a multi academy trust 73 1
- Is it possible to have an excel link to a different dated excel file 447 9
- Taxation of serviced offices 127 2
- AIA - new period 219 1
- Self assessment question 1,159 48
- Major Works Invoice to Rental Property 376 9
- What is the base cost of this asset for CGT? 265 3
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 856 20
- Dividend Tax Rate 441 8
- Ex Wives Club 546 13
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 773
- RTI - duplicate employee record 509
- Pensions Regulator 438
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 394
- Sanzar 296
- Sage Vat return box 2 296
- Digital marketing focus group 275
- How do you do it 264
- Report old income 227
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 226