Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Drector renting room to company 41 1
- Off site storage 121 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 556 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 220 7
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 74 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,115 44
- Industrial & Provident Societies 341 1
- Irish Taxation 110 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 488 5
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 212 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 307 4
- Self assesment losses 300 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 161 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 161 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 109 2
- Joint Property rent 165 3
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 257 1
- Fee protection 895 16
- Overdrawn DLA 280 9
- Disposal of an opted property 146 2
- Xtuple 561
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 338
- Domain name sale and limited company 227
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 209
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 205
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 169
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 142