Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Benefit in Kind 342 7
- Help with CGT please 123 3
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 593 21
- How much does the company pay 158 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 899 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,485 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 157 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 321 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 331 17
- Will I need to resign? 965 11
- Cocaine anyone? 702 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 264 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 184 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 212 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 186 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 746 13
- Personal pension 463 9
- Business rates consultancy 280 4
- Wrong tax code 214 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 131 2
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 480
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 304
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 198
- Cocaine anyone? 183