Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,839 64
- Working out a daily rate 70 5
- Auto enrolment 1,192 13
- Payroll dates 77 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 272 8
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 402 23
- Withholding of tax 72 1
- missing 911 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 134 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 79 1
- are receipts needed? 126 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 505 16
- sole trader - operating under cis 186 4
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 149 7
- Partnership merger 82 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 717 25
- Know it alls (who don't) 844 19
- VAT on motor expenses 997 36
- Incorporation with pending court case 187 3
- Reposted question 167 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,570
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 868
- International interest certificate 478
- NOVA 335
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 246
- Management expenses for investment company 227
- Bonus Bonds 225
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 216
- Help with tax codes on Sage 168
- Capital reduction 160