Service Value - do you formally tell clients how much you've 'saved' them?
Reading the Lamont Pridmore awards article on here two weeks ago http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/article/practice-excellence-getting-custo..., and having noticed another accountancy business has the total saved running along the bottom of their website, has set me wondering how many other accountants are doing this, and how they calculate and manage it.
Do you formally tell clients every year (possibly when you give an annual fixed fee quote) that you have saved them £x by advising on dividends versus salary, possibly structuring private use of cars or other benefits to maximum tax advantage, maybe organising pension contributions etc.?
If so can I ask what items you include and what are the practicalities of recording and calculating the savings, and how you set it out to your clients?
What do you do if you haven't saved a client very much at all (or does this never happen)?!
Finally does it work out as a worthwhile exercise that brings in more clients?
Hopefully this doesn't sound too much like askling for trade secrets! I'm really interested to know if this is something worth putting resources into.
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 160 7
- Disposal of property 20 1
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,267 28
- Tax Return Deadlines 277 5
- do I have to pay NI? 39 1
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,228 15
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 80 1
- what time is it ? 436 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 447 25
- VAT chargeable or not? 118 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,271 55
- find-accountants.com 260 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 185 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 110 3
- trading or dormant 163 3
- Funds introduced by company secretary... 285 5
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 211 8
- Related Parties Note 203 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,075 20
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 805 22
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 938
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 343
- How to format a stock book 330
- Tax efficient holding company structure 266
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 201
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- Charge out rates in London? 166