Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 337 13
- Dress code 1,199 27
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 687 9
- carry back of gift aid 54 1
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 682 18
- Scottish Independance 450 13
- How to complain about HMRC 944 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 324 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 73 2
- NOMINAL CODES 311 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 166 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 702 5
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 278 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 226 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 368 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 422 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 104 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 248 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,609 27
- Dividend 441 6
- CTA study material 746
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 341
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 244
- Expat pension contributions? 236
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 130