Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Digita in the cloud 112 2
- Tax relief when working away 40 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 922 36
- Self assessment for directors 61 1
- Tax relief when working away 145 3
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 244 9
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,304 20
- Designated sole Residence 232 5
- A little knowledge 264 5
- Scratch Head 331 1
- Year end 258 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 317 13
- Clothing 626 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 154 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 186 5
- Identity check problem 1,515 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 212 1
- Capital allowances on Software 239 2
- Trading Losses - 3 Year Carry Back 137 3
- Company director and KIT days 137 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 962
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 685
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 609
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 448
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 332
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 266
- Sabbatical payments 226
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 211
- Negligible Value Claim 205