Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,612 25
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 77 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 104 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,878 35
- Real names 1,126 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 515 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 140 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,382 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 680 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 241 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 110 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 138 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 295 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,986 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,962 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 94 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 123 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 167 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 123 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 90 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 582
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 354
- IFA incorporation 338
- Sorry ignore me 324
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 277
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 272
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 262
- Cancelled 205
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 175