Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 297 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,929 449
- What is the role of an accountant? 1,753 23
- Direct Debit - no receipts 272 4
- VAT and gap in trading of uncertain length 126 1
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,722 10
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 552 9
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 307 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,332 63
- Freehold or Investment Property 106 1
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 857 8
- capital gains on PPR 286 14
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 381 14
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 246 7
- Company expansion 133 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 400 6
- Pension Contributions Relief 516 15
- 100% Xero practice 2,486 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 290 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 224 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,320
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 482
- National Insurance 374
- Non Resident 298
- Franchise income and costs 265
- Hands on experience of Digita 218
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 168
- employment capital allowances 165
- CIS paid under reg 9 159