Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- ACCA practice certificates 38 1
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 174 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 1,077 32
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 155 2
- What would you do in this situation? 674 14
- Dress code 491 13
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 513 16
- Project being run jointly 209 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 316 4
- Companies House 614 9
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 371 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 736 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,449 25
- Help Required 428 10
- directors control and tax problems 310 5
- Fastest Software 808 13
- What's in a name ? 405 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 319 4
- Bulk Invoicing 195 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 190 3
- CTA study material 715
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 439
- Employment related securities question 275
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 258
- AIM Stocks and IHT 253
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 229
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 216
- Expat pension contributions? 204
- Trust for Employee 202
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 184