Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Childcare Vouchers 61 1
- Elective DeductionsModel 115 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 925 23
- Moneysoft - Car Benefits 64 1
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 96 2
- Laptop purchase 889 16
- Company petition 45 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 180 6
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 547 13
- CT600 for the first time 132 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 321 7
- Agent with HMRC 172 9
- Propert purchase, renovation then rented out and VAT 55 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 555 9
- Sage Payroll 106 4
- VAT query 152 2
- company secretarial software 205 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 265 5
- Value pricing 396 13
- Weely paid employees 113 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 743
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 508
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 374
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 351
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 269
- VAT on Gaming Machines 222
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 208
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 197
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 185
- Director Loan account operation 167