Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,118 33
- Nominal Ledger of Company Accounts 139 6
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,302 19
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 718 12
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 29 1
- How much of your work is admin? 487 4
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 164 8
- Goodwill complications 198 3
- Late Registration for VAT 244 8
- Registering a company late 377 13
- Claiming pre-letting mortgage costs on first rental property 88 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 123 1
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 159 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 122 1
- Personal pension 297 5
- Directors taking money out of business, how to record in sage instant accounts. 152 2
- Director taking salary, dividends and consultancy fees? 247 1
- Deferred Tax 293 5
- Legal fees selling rental property 213 3
- physiotherapy clinic 627 4
- TheTax Donut 1,024
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 682
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 625
- Follower cases 489
- Limited company purchase of property 421
- Hive up 417
- corporate hierarchy 383
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 380
- LIVE chat, starting now 334
- AIA or IFA 222