Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Rights of Alphabet shares 309 12
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 231 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,842 61
- Company paying out on guarantee 89 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 629 14
- Incorporation and goodwill 275 5
- Industrial & Provident Societies 394 4
- Domain name sale and limited company 267 1
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 266 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 1,793 14
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 274 11
- Payroll Software Recommendations 263 8
- indexation factors 104 3
- Drector renting room to company 235 5
- Warranties - Fixed Assets - depreciation 94 2
- Property Revaluation - Postings 106 2
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 444 10
- It gets worse ! 235 1
- R&D claim 91 3
- Fee protection 1,128 25
- Xtuple 583
- Qtac payroll for bureau 407
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 353
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 224
- Tax on damages received 205
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 164
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 164
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 146
- PTP Software 142
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 141