Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 93 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 229 1
- will this work for IHT 250 2
- Best software for small practice? 635 20
- Paid too much !! 256 2
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,745 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 259 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 210 5
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 485 17
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 124 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 101 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 106 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 480 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 751 11
- Sports Sponsorship 156 1
- New Shareholder and Purchase of Own Share 272 17
- Opt To Tax Refund 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 261 6
- Is the CT61 return dead? 1,330 14
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,276 21
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 769
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 455
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 263
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 248
- CGT for NOn UK residents 224
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 192
- Capital Gains personal representatives 182
- Just checking re PSA 175