Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 437 7
- private to company car? 128 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 203 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 85 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 112 1
- Partner with an IVA 140 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 897 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 530 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 402 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 231 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 206 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 297 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 331 13
- Consequential loss claim 69 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 132 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 241 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 403 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 278 4
- That old chestnut 613 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 412
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 275
- Pre incorp expenses 266
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 229
- Slight twist on employment related securities 204
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 174