Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Trust setting on HMRC CT600 95 4
- Employee tears suit... 170 3
- PAYE & NIC 736 35
- About your hairdresser clients 441 17
- Related party not trading -should debt be written off ? 32 1
- Ouch. Those penalties sting 2,520 28
- Great Service 1,224 16
- Keytime 243 2
- Income £10k salary and £20k net dividends 439 16
- £NIL EPS's wiping out CIS deductions 269 4
- When was the requirement for Ltd. company to have at least two shareholders abolished? 180 5
- HMRC's "HVA" list .... High Volume Agents 722 9
- Sports Club and Partial Exemption for VAT 181 1
- HMRC debt collectors 218 3
- Selling Fees 357 6
- Getting a business loan with a personal default 220 7
- Bright Pay 136 1
- Can an EPS be resent? 132 3
- Can't vote dividends due to minority shareholder 524 11
- Entrepreneurs relief 132 1
- Sanzar 526
- Digital marketing focus group 411
- Sainsbury's mangement 375
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 372
- Continuity Agreement 352
- Avanti Accounts 352
- Buyback 305
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 253
- Aggresive sales from Iris 245
- Charity volunteers and mileage 205