Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 47 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 75 4
- Is it just me ... 54 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 294 10
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 98 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 215 13
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 198 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,395 18
- R&D - HMRC Manual 79 2
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 343 14
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 246 5
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,134 27
- How to network with other Accountants? 578 3
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 531 21
- Advice for new build property 114 3
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 293 5
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 291 8
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 233 3
- Claiming accommodation as employment expense? 157 1
- Sage Line 50 110 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 402
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 371
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 349
- Electric Car 286
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 173
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 165
- AIA 160
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 153