Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 330 11
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,294 40
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 203 3
- AIA or IFA 401 7
- Surely not? 375 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 611 9
- Start up allowance? 304 10
- Running two businesses from the same premises 330 3
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 337 7
- Late Registration for VAT 338 11
- Old CGT loss 154 2
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 247 5
- Nominal Ledger 307 10
- Share structures 126 5
- It’s our staff Christmas party this week, what did you do for your firm? 2,125 19
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 325 5
- Business rates consultancy 210 3
- Capitalisation - Scanning Files 171 4
- Are HMRC staff on early 533 7
- Tax on income from discretionary trust in SATR 215 9
- TheTax Donut 1,045
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 686
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 627
- Follower cases 492
- Limited company purchase of property 433
- Hive up 429
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 396
- corporate hierarchy 388
- LIVE chat, starting now 346
- Advice - 194