Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 802 5
- See you all on the other side 805 6
- 12Pay 582 2
- dividends 790 2
- R&D 377 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,245 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 495 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 496 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 459 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 591 5
- Seeking a tax case 711 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 575 4
- Companies house strike off 693 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 515 2
- Moving to the cloud 795 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 236 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 957 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 237 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,136 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 552 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 585
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 435
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 384
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- Marginal rates of tax 366
- Class 2 NI 354
- Capitalising Finance Lease 350
- USA help 332
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 317