Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Anybody still doing returns? 637 27
- Change to PAYE TAX CODE 53 5
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 144 7
- Parent and subsidiary... 35 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 333 16
- Designated sole Residence 116 2
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 698 15
- Anyone know what this is? 180 6
- HMRC filing meltdown? 870 27
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 471 7
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 250 9
- no utr 264 8
- client can't/won't pay 2,105 49
- Director drawings 598 32
- Tax Returns for non residents 281 2
- Investment properties/freehold land 79 1
- Capital Loss 113 3
- LLP formed in 2013 95 1
- Clothing 483 11
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 180 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 950
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 665
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 620
- Latest phishing scam 596
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 434
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 323
- Scratch Head 260
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 246
- Sabbatical payments 213
- Negligible Value Claim 194