Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Unclaimed customer balance 30 2
- Self Employed travel 288 7
- Accounting Crew 578 13
- Company Secretarial Software 1,237 26
- Resigning as only director 1,041 10
- Loan interest rental property 103 3
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 203 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 531 7
- What's the plural? 503 11
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,769 45
- Mathematical conundrum on loan repayments 457 5
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 278 2
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 172 10
- Opinions and advice needed 132 3
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 65 1
- Complete business outside UK 67 1
- Builder - Roll over relief 334 15
- Goodwill receipt 307 7
- Sage training course 277 8
- What should I charge for unlimited advice and support ? 426 9
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 420
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 321
- IFA incorporation 291
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 282
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 275
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 242
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 230
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 211
- Cancelled 166