Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 178 5
- Cocaine anyone? 898 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 260 5
- Vat on new builds 66 1
- Using home as clients registered address 242 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 473 15
- How much does the company pay 824 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 459 10
- Proof of identification 142 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 168 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 126 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 313 5
- Childcare vouchers 375 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 108 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 101 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 97 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 77 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 381 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 270
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 262
- The booking.com con 258
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 234
- UK State pension paid in NZ 183