Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 219 8
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 223 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 653 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 208 4
- Year end 125 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 556 21
- How would you account for warranty? 137 4
- LLP - Member leaving 114 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 390 22
- Sweet Tooth 163 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,030 13
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 170 2
- trading or dormant 109 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 106 1
- tax credits 129 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 567 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 268 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 113 1
- Foreign income for self employed 130 1
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 101 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 869
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 516
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 329
- How to format a stock book 307
- Tax efficient holding company structure 244
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 239
- Investment property company accounts template 225
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 190
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 162