Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 277 4
- Family property company Benefit in Kind and ATED issues 77 1
- PPR ELECTION 331 10
- Microsoft One Drive 265 8
- Capital Allowances for cars/hackney carriages 109 2
- Travel expenses for director - flight 385 4
- Invoices 152 1
- Not a question but made my day 650 14
- Accounts Package 288 8
- Question about VAT Group Registration 129 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 650 18
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 268 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 410 8
- VAT on property 145 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 304 4
- Late night meals self employed 377 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 425 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 275 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,908 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 142 1
- NHS finance professionals 573
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 379
- Foreign Pension Contribution 349
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 330
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 312
- vat gross profit percentage margins 310
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 287
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 255
- Thinning income 236
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 208