Setting up on my own
I've been thinking quite a lot recently about quitting my job in a Chartered Accountants and setting up myself in business. My job is slow and not at all challenging and I've been getting increasingly lazy.
I have already written advertising letters and have a business card design ready. In addition to this, I have costed the relevant software and I have enough savings in case I don't earn enough for a while.
The main concern I have is that I'm still only part ACCA qualified. I will continue and can afford to pay for the relevant books/courses/exams etc myself.
I want to offer more than just accountancy/bookkeeping/payroll etc, but business advice too (Which my current employer doesn't).
My question is, have others done this and how have they fared? Would they recommend it?
Also, for any who have done this, what was the response from your employer knowing you would be in competition?
I'm 24, and have 4 years of practice experience where I complete a job start to finish. I'm fairly confident, but not an excessive risk taker!
Thanks in advance.
- Matching of tax return to P60 162 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 104 3
- trading or dormant 159 3
- Funds introduced by company secretary... 274 5
- VAT chargeable or not? 85 2
- find-accountants.com 197 2
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 137 5
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,245 54
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 209 8
- Related Parties Note 190 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,063 20
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 794 22
- what time is it ? 396 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 437 24
- VAT on disbursement 175 2
- tax credits 237 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,079 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 93 1
- LLP - Member leaving 215 6
- Year end 285 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 931
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 330
- Tax efficient holding company structure 263
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 195
- Charge out rates in London? 166