Share Allocation | AccountingWEB

Share Allocation

I am not sure if this is a subject raised before (and after typing this up, I will have a proper look) but a very quick/simple question.

Father and Mother are directors in a Company. Own equal shares and receive annual dividends. First child is now working for the Company but is not a share holder. Second child has no intention of working for the Company nor indeed is she a share holder. If the two children (over 18) become shareholders to enable them to receive dividends, how is the best way to do so. Gift some of the existing shares from the parents or alternatively, issue some B shares. Either way, what are the practicalities ? A simple Companies House procedure ? Call an EGM ?

Thank you in advance.

There is 1 comment. Login or register to view it.

Check the Articles of Association

Sarah Alker |