Share in business for web developer
I have a small limited company client who wants to give a freelance web developer a 10% share in the business to retain his services. The business is only in its 3rd year but things are really starting to pick up by all accounts. They want to retain the services of the web developer in exchange for a 10% share .
Current shareholding is director A has 90% and director B has 10%, The idea is to gift 10% to the web developer from director A reducing his shareholding down to 80%.
I havent been involved anything like this before which involves an non employee so an advice much appreciated. Ive got the FRSSE 2008 here to have a look through.
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 51 2
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 59 3
- Capital Gains 264 3
- Tax Fines - HMRC 645 9
- Here we go.... 582 23
- VAT - Check on clients business 774 31
- Probate services 270 3
- trading losses allowable? 652 10
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 84 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 277 5
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 237 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 626 21
- Community Faux Pas 557 19
- Group relief for CT 106 2
- Practical experience 759 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,232 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,506 32
- Which VAT rate to use 120 1
- Do I need to register for VAT 310 13
- Post AAT? 569 2