Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 324 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 71 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 317 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 145 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 206 4
- Rental property company 105 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 299 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 252 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 382 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 153 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 192 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 146 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 489 5
- Director's tax return 400 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 181 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,136 34
- Flat rate vat 238 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 195 5
- Coming in from the cold 390 3
- Splitting the tax year 192 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 818
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 568
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 436
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 315
- Free Tax Legislation? 291
- Director Loan account operation 270
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 258
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 256
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 235
- Paye procedures for CVA 178