Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 66 5
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 130 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 38 1
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 118 4
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 337 8
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 149 2
- What aspects of accountancy/book-keeping most trouble people 80 1
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 582 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 253 4
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 592 11
- Are bankruptcy restrictions order becoming more common? 191 4
- Charge out rates in London? 193 2
- Accounting jobs in the UK 98 1
- Negative retained earnings & Dividends 156 3
- pre letting expenses 151 2
- Expat working back in UK 103 3
- Are contractor travel expenses 96 1
- Who owns SAGE Data? 414 8
- Audit Exemption new rules 280 6
- change of paye software 509 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 742
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 477
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 293
- How to format a stock book 253
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 213
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 208
- Tax efficient holding company structure 194
- Investment property company accounts template 186
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 180
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 163