Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- Accountant Specialization. 317 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 167 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 65 1
- Recommendations for online payroll software 216 2
- HMRC Information notice 918 24
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,268 29
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,682 42
- Sage Line 50 145 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 105 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 373 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 372 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 142 1
- Freelance/Employee 683 17
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 179 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 187 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 490 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 123 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 610 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 708 5
- Agent Authorisation Issue 216 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 749
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 407
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 359
- Electric Car 291
- S222 Charge 240
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 197
- IP trans to holding company 191
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 176
- AIA 170
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 170