Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- Agent help line - long queues? 202 4
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,683 56
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 76 1
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 38 1
- inflation rate year on year 52 2
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 78 2
- Yorkshire Day 496 33
- Deleted question? 614 15
- SMP reclaimable by employer 250 6
- Self Assessment Tax Return Required ???? 257 8
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 328 8
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 140 6
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 337 15
- E-Magazines and pdfs 140 3
- Late annual return 196 2
- Flat rate VAT 361 8
- corporation tax 475 5
- Credit card receipts vs VAT receipts 2,133 29
- Dividend dates 686 13
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 131 2
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 569
- Cancelled 454
- Cancelled 379
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 372
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 350
- Probiz 349
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 252
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 230
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 222
- More spam 180