Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 1,385 63
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 334 12
- Tax Penalty overeaction 579 11
- calculate mortgage interest 115 1
- Auto enrolment 1,645 27
- AIA 204 5
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 586 27
- Depreciation 162 1
- Help needed- Unable to fill CT600 form using HMRC software- service issue 135 3
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 224 6
- Window Comb Binder Cover 183 3
- client can't/won't pay 451 13
- Help - Capital Allowance 205 6
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 257 6
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 270 9
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,194 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 277 3
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 220 5
- HMRC SA software error? 190 2
- Plant & Machinery for commercial property 178 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 792
- Copy Wanted 505
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 463
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 456
- Latest phishing scam 294
- Entrepreneurs' relief 282
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 276
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 257
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 245
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 242