Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- AAT before CIMA? 30 1
- trading losses allowable? 694 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 392 9
- Community Faux Pas 704 24
- Tax Fines - HMRC 700 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 45 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 828 34
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 245 9
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 127 6
- Here we go.... 769 25
- Capital Gains 314 6
- Probate services 283 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 132 1
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 275 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 637 21
- Group relief for CT 122 2
- Practical experience 767 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,250 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,511 32
- Which VAT rate to use 143 1