Share Premium account reduction
We are working with a firm of Solicitors who are advising our client on a Share Premium account reduction in order to create distributable reserves. In effect, a £100,000 share premium account is to be written down under new CA rules and credited directly to reserves. The client will then declare a pre year end dividend using those reserves.
My questions are:
1. Are there any general observations or warnings to be considered.
2. Is this tax neutral, ie. no effect for tax as direct to reserves.
3. What is the accounting entry / disclosure and is there any online guidance. I'm led to believe that the journal is simply debit share premium and credit direct to balance sheet reserves.
All help, guidance very much appreciated.
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,338 17
- Scams are not always obvious 1,935 33
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 183 4
- What do you all do in your spare time? 375 16
- Design your ideal tax department 936 21
- Does HMRC penalties apply if directors file 99 2
- VTS or VT Software ???? 92 1
- HMRC RANT!!!! 341 7
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 252 10
- VT Final Accounts puts "Cost of Sales - Carriage" and "Cost of Sales - Other Costs" into "Other Costs". Is that compulsory? It seems mad. 100 2
- Over the VAT threshold 96 2
- Accountants website 248 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 230 3
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 236 8
- Do you charge fee or % for Successful appeal against HMRC penalties? 471 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 118 1
- Can software startup claim VAT refund during development? 108 5
- Online Downtime 307 3
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 217 5
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 208 8
- New Fangled Penalties 1,066
- Moving away from CCH software 923
- Recruitment agencies 547
- QROP pension input amounts 422
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 369
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 330
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 307
- fraud 254
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 233
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 205