Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 683 5
- See you all on the other side 725 6
- 12Pay 487 2
- dividends 675 2
- R&D 339 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,202 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 453 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 441 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 395 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 560 5
- Seeking a tax case 665 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 526 4
- Companies house strike off 602 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 453 2
- Moving to the cloud 762 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 222 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 922 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,104 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 514 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 568
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 423
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 377
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 335
- USA help 321
- Marginal rates of tax 320
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 318
- Class 2 NI 305
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 298