Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Which tax returns can I submit? 169 5
- Cocaine anyone? 895 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 257 5
- Vat on new builds 61 1
- Using home as clients registered address 237 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 470 15
- How much does the company pay 821 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 456 10
- Proof of identification 131 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 158 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 124 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 308 5
- Childcare vouchers 373 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 103 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 97 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 92 1
- two business from one premises 196 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 74 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 377 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 514
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 331
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 280
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 256
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 253
- Cocaine anyone? 237
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 230
- UK State pension paid in NZ 180