Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Regular Director bonus 406 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 108 1
- Registration as self-employed 48 1
- BrightPay 1,080 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 478 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 271 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,056 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 903 13
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 596 14
- BIK for an electric car 146 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,610 90
- Corporation Tax Software 361 10
- How do I save face? 2,271 14
- Goodie bag 3,044 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 106 1
- How many associated companies 185 2
- Signed accounts for a lender 446 17
- can I approach clients ? 933 11
- Secure document exchange 588 6
- New Agency rules - who's responsible? 179 2
- Possible Partnership? 681
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 532
- Fuming! 502
- New Fangled Penalties 465
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 330
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 271
- Moving away from CCH software 261
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 251
- Outsource Data Entry 250
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 204