Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- What do your junior staff do? 440 6
- Overlap profit 248 5
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 569 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 317 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 491 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 103 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,875 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 260 3
- Payments on account 99 1
- On the high seas 85 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 128 2
- RTI Payroll ID 976 22
- Spousal transfer and PPR 850 34
- Payroll question 127 2
- Where has Portia gone? 4,851 106
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 259 5
- Warning - "Central Register of Companies" con 214 3
- Goodwill On Incorporation 155 1
- CT600 for first year UK company trading abroad 187 13
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 344 5
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 840
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 439
- Sanzar 336
- How do you do it 330
- Digital marketing focus group 309
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 286
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 202
- Fit for purpose 197
- new investor structure 194
- VAT Registration 177