Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Tax code for Companies House fees 164 3
- Scoot 134 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 645 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,425 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 97 1
- Regaining my qualification 151 2
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 116 1
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 225 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 169 2
- Auto enrolment 171 3
- Shareholder agreement 160 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 193 3
- Company Reorganisation 146 3
- Employee Loan 188 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 457 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 577 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 132 1
- Wear and tear allowance 460 6
- Accountants' Error 651 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 354 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,447
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 754
- Any views 688
- HMRC Employers Diary 520
- International interest certificate 422
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 384
- Sale of business 348
- NOVA 254
- Advertising services? 245
- IRIS Open Books problem 239