Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 563 13
- Vat threshold issues 92 2
- Growing pains 354 7
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 235 14
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 67 1
- Consequential loss claim 114 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 188 5
- ATT Annual Return Problems 117 2
- what is classed as investment under other fixed assets? 106 1
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 333 5
- private to company car? 189 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 955 34
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 582 10
- Buy to let allowable interest 146 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 230 1
- Partner with an IVA 169 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 594 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 420 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 313 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 236 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 457
- CTA study material 416
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 303
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 283
- Pre incorp expenses 273
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 244
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 232
- Slight twist on employment related securities 209
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 180
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 177