Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,138 21
- Sorry ignore me 541 11
- How do I calculate the VAT due (cash basis) on receipts which suffer a cis deduction? 164 3
- VAT questions 266 3
- Invoice Help 81 3
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 241 5
- Should Spanish VAT apply ? 140 2
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 540 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 464 4
- Not ANOTHER bogus HMRC email? 220 3
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 181 4
- Interest on loans between companies 127 3
- One off meeting new client 374 5
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,022 15
- Corporate shareholder question 85 2
- Furniture Rental Business 239 7
- Deaf clients 225 4
- C79 Discrepancy 230 2
- Basic PAYE Tools update .... lost all my previous FPSs 158 4
- Bartercard 247 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 614
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 516
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 374
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 288
- Cancelled 270
- Cancelled 233
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 178
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 168
- Probiz 156
- What's the market like for temps? 150