Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,393 40
- UK tax exposure 275 4
- Allocation of income from property 30 1
- Companies House Presenter Account 26 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,175 11
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 489 8
- Directors salary 84 1
- flat rate scheme 458 10
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 75 1
- Rental Expenses 241 7
- Defer,Accrue & Wip 259 7
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 227 7
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 353 2
- regulated mortgage work? 159 2
- any help? 305 4
- HMRC turning post around in 11 - 12 weeks? 364 8
- Companies House? 283 3
- Echosign mail merge? 300 1
- Before I call employers helpline 270 1
- VAT refund 429 4