Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Mortgage Reference 114 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,849 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 131 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,169 45
- Practical experience 840 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 422 9
- Personal Tax 137 1
- VAT 305 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 187 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 142 1
- last minute request 244 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 492 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 77 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 430 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 107 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 255 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 659 6
- Overseas workday relief 169 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 335 3