Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,131 496
- Non resident client -employed in the Cayman Islands 91 1
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 371 16
- "Please be advised that one or more Generic Notification Notices have been issued." 53 3
- Which profit figure to use 37 1
- rti 104 4
- Drop box Storage 338 5
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 39 1
- What Exactly does the RTI Penalty Relaxation mean? 151 2
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 239 7
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 510 15
- Fee Protection Insurance 1,066 44
- Partnership issues and acting for one partner 129 4
- RTI -Late registration -any penalties 126 1
- Another goodwill question ....... 148 1
- Can't read my handwriting 724 18
- Fees for Property Tax Return 595 21
- Sole trader &/or Limited company 98 1
- Direct Debit - no receipts 417 9
- Revaluation of investment proeprty 150 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,377
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 526
- National Insurance 425
- Non Resident 323
- Hands on experience of Digita 248
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 234
- Employer's Helpline 189
- CIS paid under reg 9 189
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 154
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 153