Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 67 2
- Sole Trader business 145 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 144 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 137 1
- The Cotter Case 158 1
- Giving a seminar 674 36
- Tax position on lease extension 172 1
- Boffin of the Year 286 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 216 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 233 4
- Sage Depreciation 72 1
- Non sequitur 242 2
- Am i Liable? 870 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 167 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 154 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 69 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 472 10
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 109 1
- Very Difficult to type on Aweb again 116 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 927 15
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,292
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 637
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 420
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 330
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 260
- Alphabet shares 218
- Agent fees to sell business 211
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 205
- Office recharges 168
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 145