Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 322 5
- Company Number 10000000 917 12
- CGT on lost shares/scam 134 3
- Anyone else getting these HMRC letters? 389 3
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 1,801 29
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 533 10
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 402 9
- Withdrawal of a quote 141 3
- Support / ticketing software 277 9
- Where to follow court cases/rulings 191 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 321 5
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 246 2
- Stamp Duty 103 2
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 393 13
- Best software for small practice? 820 24
- Large director's pension contribution 631 10
- Credit for price reduction - Inventory write down effect 136 2
- Car benefit or not? 2,552 26
- substantial shareholding exemption 161 1
- Land Registry 405 5
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 793
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 464
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 282
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 238
- Apprenticeship Levy 214
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 206
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 203
- Just checking re PSA 194
- Capital Gains personal representatives 187