Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Sole-trader renting commmercial property from himself & spouse. 167 4
- Peer to Peer lending 1,044 8
- Small company audit 303 9
- Should VAT be charged when land is transferred as part of a TOGC 99 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,032 50
- R&D tax credit claim 252 6
- CIC Company 494 6
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 345 8
- Sage Starting Again As Records are in a mess 248 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 507 11
- HMRC Property campaign 787 10
- Estate agent and VAT registration 192 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 119 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 377 12
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 536 8
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 218 5
- What can my client claim r & d on? 234 5
- Problem partnership fees 159 1
- Car financed by employee 147 1
- Potential Customer Under VAT Threshold 147 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 610
- Cancelled 355
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 338
- Cancelled 291
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 268
- Probiz 254
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 210
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 192
- Car leasing scheme 188