Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Badges of trade 234 3
- Rollover Relief - Commercial to Residential 167 6
- Writing Website Content 454 18
- Intercompany - Sage 50 Accounts 27 1
- HMRC Post 892 12
- Form 17 Download 283 2
- Schedule A losses 416 12
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,946 26
- The Pensions Regulator 313 8
- Client having a go at me 675 14
- Companies House BETA 897 11
- VAT on Second Hand Touring Caravans 94 1
- Childcare & P11D 93 1
- Date of leaving on P.45 359 13
- Seeking advice: Charging VAT on commission on my commission! 205 5
- Sage 50 - Aged Debtors and Creditors Reports 108 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 560 15
- CT600 X ERROR in relation to Tangible Assets 110 2
- Concurrent users 710 9
- What would you do? 1,171 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 443
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 408
- Electric Car 348
- S222 Charge 276
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 257
- AIA 232
- IP trans to holding company 217
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 214
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 187
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 182