Share Structure - can this be done?
First time poster, long term lerker and procurement of fantastic information from this site!
I have the following situation and was looking for opinions on whether this is correct/what is required.
A small limited company, 2 directors, not connected/relatives. Share holding is 50/50 of the 100 £1 shares issued. Company is under new articles CA06.
A private investor known to them wishes to invest 20,000 into the company for a return of the profits - voting rights are not required/wanted. He would like a 30% share.
This type of issue I have not come across before and there appears to be a few ways to achieve the desired result.
My initial thoughts were to create a new class B non-voting share (via resolution) at nominal value of £666.67 (30 number). However, I am guessing to make this simpler dividend wise with the other shares, the other shares really they need a 35/35 split (call them class A)? How is the achieved? I cant clearly see whether I am required to transfer those shares, subdivide them and how and what to report (SH01, 02 etc etc).
Any help and guidance/easier method of what I am trying to achieve would be greatly received!
- Desperate IFAs and Auto-enrolment Scare stories 317 17
- Cash basis 626 19
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 485 6
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 327 11
- What are the options for writing off a Directors Credit balance 94 2
- payroll software 476 9
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 294 8
- Fee base v staff ratio 523 7
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 266 13
- Posting pension salary sacrifice journal 83 1
- Complicated Company car purchase 273 3
- Statutory sick pay 375 5
- client threatening legal action 2,196 30
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 158 2
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 226 1
- Instant CPD offer 332 3
- Income from rent charged to business 204 2
- Dividend in specie 400 9
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 199 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 158 1
- Skandia using wrong address 589
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 320
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 318
- Employee rewards 298
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 265
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 236
- Etax Australian 196
- LLP in Construction Industry 159
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 140
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 136