Shareholder Requesting Formal Audit
A shareholder with 10% of the shares in a company is being frozen out by the 2 Directors. All shareholders used to be paid a dividend, but this shareholder has not received one for 2 years, and hasn't received a copy of the accounts, apart from abbreviated accounts. Shareholder assets have dropped significantly year on year but there is no detail in the abbreviated accounts. The Directors have a lavish lifestyle, so unless they've won the Lottery, where is their income coming from? Suspects something fishy!
Can the shareholder demand a formal audit of the accounts?
Will it show where shareholder assets have gone?
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,184 46
- Practical experience 860 16
- Xerocon 2016 825 13
- Personal Tax 216 3
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,872 41
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 243 2
- Mortgage Reference 189 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 171 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 436 9
- VAT 308 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 233 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 205 1
- last minute request 308 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 81 1
- Cash gift from India 504 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 87 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 477 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 137 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 288 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 675 6