Shareholder Requesting Formal Audit
A shareholder with 10% of the shares in a company is being frozen out by the 2 Directors. All shareholders used to be paid a dividend, but this shareholder has not received one for 2 years, and hasn't received a copy of the accounts, apart from abbreviated accounts. Shareholder assets have dropped significantly year on year but there is no detail in the abbreviated accounts. The Directors have a lavish lifestyle, so unless they've won the Lottery, where is their income coming from? Suspects something fishy!
Can the shareholder demand a formal audit of the accounts?
Will it show where shareholder assets have gone?
- Networking 257 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,190 33
- VAT refund 247 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 241 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 276 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 80 1
- incorrect old p60 494 13
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 313 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 215 2
- Turnover on a tax return 402 9
- IT Contractor 272 1
- Sage instant account codes 163 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 256 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 321 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,959 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 328 4
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 294 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 284 3
- Missing tax return 416 4
- Inflation and fees 1,431 24