Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 287 6
- clg 75 2
- VAT errors 155 4
- Professional Clearance 450 15
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,334 37
- CIS Deductions 250 7
- SA302's anyone?? 256 9
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 1,228 15
- Auto enrolment 1,321 14
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 99 2
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 217 6
- do i pay vat when buying a business 404 22
- Loss Relief 194 3
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 638 19
- Cheque alternative - letter to HMRC re undeclared income 281 3
- Property Expenses - Allowable 308 4
- Introduction of Goodwill 882 15
- VAT & Landlords 271 7
- are receipts needed? 458 13
- Capital reduction 206 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,600
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 887
- International interest certificate 496
- NOVA 359
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 265
- Management expenses for investment company 250
- Bonus Bonds 250
- Help with tax codes on Sage 194
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 161
- Clogged Losses 154