Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- VAT and customer entertaining 226 3
- The importance of Grammar 1,337 41
- Moneysoft - technical query 481 13
- tax saving on card points 256 7
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 225 6
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,268 11
- Xero Pain Points 553 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 141 2
- Best way to draw a salary? 706 12
- PI cover 246 4
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 954 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 739 26
- Profit split from an investment property 191 6
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,442 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 172 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 278 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 268 9
- Scissors 896 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 445 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 466 10
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 373
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 330
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 308
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 300
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 219
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 215
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 178