Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Spousal transfer and PPR 480 15
- Where has Portia gone? 1,093 46
- Rogue Accountant 2,954 49
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 215 4
- deceased creditor 121 5
- Corporate member of LLP 265 1
- Investment company 255 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 320 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 196 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 357 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 81 1
- Transfer of stock 351 12
- Holiday entitlement 543 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 339 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 188 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 249 3
- Football Agent Fees 736 23
- Tax avoidance - Doyou know of a better approval? 646 4
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 500 14
- Dir optimum salary 15/16 1,425 22
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 778
- RTI - duplicate employee record 520
- Pensions Regulator 443
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 401
- Sage Vat return box 2 301
- Sanzar 300
- Digital marketing focus group 282
- How do you do it 267
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 235
- Report old income 234