Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- What would you do in this situation? 443 11
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 102 3
- Help Required 242 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 200 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 364 14
- What's in a name ? 188 4
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 117 3
- ATED Penalties 245 1
- late second payment on account 134 2
- US royalties 56 2
- Project being run jointly 108 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 158 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 125 3
- Sole trader mix up 273 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 720 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 880 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 202 4
- Filing company accounts 131 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 490 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 154 5
- CTA study material 693
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 419
- Employment related securities question 261
- AIM Stocks and IHT 241
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 193
- Trust for Employee 180
- Expat pension contributions? 176
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 149
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 125
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 112