Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Changing shareholding ratio 1,095 9
- Time to react ? ? ? 339 5
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 237 6
- Company Share Buy Back 172 3
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 206 2
- Hello 393 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 962 16
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,910 53
- Sage 200 question 146 2
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 153 3
- flat rate scheme 1,949 38
- which accounts package for busy hairdressers? 155 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 650 9
- Charitable Payment 219 4
- Unpaid share capital 268 3
- Company car in the LLP 209 2
- Physiotherapy 356 4
- New build property to be rented 214 4
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 136 2
- Ltd Co and Fully Paid Shares 223 5