Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Clothing 14 1
- Director drawings 304 29
- Childcare voucher schemes 69 4
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 110 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 122 3
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 295 2
- What sectors to target? 160 7
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 76 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 236 11
- Charitable Company's Accounts 83 2
- client can't/won't pay 1,859 40
- Interest Relief 160 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 504 28
- What is the treatment of gains on sale of Options granted in Belgium 48 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,590 54
- Rental losses 123 3
- Should i tell HMRC 1,577 14
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 149 3
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 236 8
- Carrying forward self employment losses 182 8
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 900
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 599
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 570
- Latest phishing scam 525
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 372
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 338
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 278
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 197
- Capital allowances in first basis period 179
- Sabbatical payments 171