Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 33 1
- Wrong tax code 121 5
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,037 31
- Am I getting Soft?? 200 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 633 11
- Deferred Tax 455 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 201 1
- You know its over 469 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 237 1
- Benefit in Kind 216 5
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 136 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 219 3
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,263 14
- Cocaine anyone? 600 10
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 136 2
- Dutch and Germany VAT 178 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 300 2
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 490 15
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,302 8
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 535 9
- Hive up 506
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 472
- corporate hierarchy 449
- Advice - 287
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 232
- WWOOFers 228
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 214
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 191
- The booking.com con 167
- UK State pension paid in NZ 161