Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Next Move 551 15
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 255 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 164 3
- Company formation and bank account 287 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 658 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,553 44
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 554 9
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 402 8
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 205 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 395 8
- OneNote is fantastic 504 11
- VAT Direct Debit 362 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 444 8
- Self Assessment Software 689 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 438 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,359 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 274 11
- Owning overseas property 255 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 369 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 285 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 659
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 402
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 401
- Property letting & CAs 392
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 383
- 2015 tax year end 383
- FCA regulated company in a small group 340
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 230
- DTA tie-breaker issue 202