Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,226 54
- Matching of tax return to P60 133 3
- VAT chargeable or not? 45 1
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 207 8
- find-accountants.com 136 1
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 114 4
- Related Parties Note 165 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,049 20
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 785 22
- what time is it ? 368 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 94 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 437 24
- VAT on disbursement 174 2
- tax credits 229 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,067 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 92 1
- LLP - Member leaving 211 6
- Year end 278 3
- Foreign income for self employed 180 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 332 9
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 926
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 341
- How to format a stock book 328
- Tax efficient holding company structure 262
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 253
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 200
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 195
- Charge out rates in London? 163