Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Care Home - Job Price 269 5
- Fee headache 437 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 215 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 227 4
- India Capital Gain 120 1
- Dormant payroll 730 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 105 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 291 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,494 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 115 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 521 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,569 21
- Overlap relief 388 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 201 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 285 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 199 3
- P11D Rejection 274 7
- Directors loans 273 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 271 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 309 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 504
- Theatre Tax Relief 413
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 324
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 307
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 284
- Perkbox 231
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 224
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 219
- Document Management Systems 193
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 191