Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- do you receive fewer phone calls than some years back because of emails 94 2
- The return 682 25
- break even point 1,080 32
- Takeover of Annual PAYE scheme 55 1
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 130 4
- IHT Query 387 8
- Profit & Loss accounts filling when tax is withheld overseas 85 2
- Charity accounting 59 2
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 986 44
- IHT on offshore settlement 143 2
- Get it off your chest 145 2
- How best to declare a mistake on a tax return by previous agent 131 1
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 347 2
- Limited Company trading status. 322 8
- Payroll 176 6
- Classic cars investment 506 14
- Vat registration 170 5
- VAT ON MAINTENANCE PROVIDED TO ESTATE AGENT 101 3
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 213 6
- Deceased's Tax Return to date of death 226 2
- Possible Partnership? 549
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 545
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 479
- New Fangled Penalties 345
- Clubs and Taxable Income 285
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 269
- Loans to other companies 214
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 205
- Outsource Data Entry 172
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 172