Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 130 2
- 1 investor and 1 director 50% shareholding each advice please 34 1
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 129 1
- Instant CPD offer 287 4
- Cash basis 519 13
- Income from rent charged to business 134 2
- payroll software 371 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 443 5
- Statutory sick pay 309 4
- Dividend in specie 370 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 221 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 176 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 146 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 276 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 295 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 171 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 388 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,858 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 337 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 261 2
- Skandia using wrong address 578
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 309
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 309
- Employee rewards 290
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 258
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 230
- Etax Australian 189
- LLP in Construction Industry 156
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 133
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 132