Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 50 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,189 364
- What is the role of an accountant? 384 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 249 1
- P11D Query 141 4
- 100% Xero practice 2,244 40
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 61 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,321 25
- Company Accounts 435 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 83 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 284 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 190 4
- VAT on introducer fees 120 2
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 77 2
- Pay-slip date & Pay-ment Date 199 12
- Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) 319 18
- Scottish but not UK 279 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 271 9
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 285 5
- CIS 353 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 428
- National Insurance 327
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 240
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152