Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Director leaving in month 1 46 1
- S162 and Capital Allowances 97 1
- Unaudited accounts and an accountant’s certificate of confirmation 104 4
- Selling assets to yourself ? 159 3
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 184 2
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 157 3
- Director's remuneration accrual 143 4
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 167 6
- IHT - clawback of BPR 31 1
- EIS - connection through employment 82 2
- HMRC Dispensation - How long does it last for? 222 3
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 29 1
- CIS and Close Company 68 2
- Correct tax & VAT treatment of local overnight expenses 217 4
- Secondment expenses 146 3
- VAT Option to tax 436 15
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 109 4
- Is VAT payable on insurance claims received ?? 100 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 135 3
- VAT Registration 323 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 904
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 635
- Free Tax Legislation? 397
- Director Loan account operation 394
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 323
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 316
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 284
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 222
- Paye procedures for CVA 217
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 180