Should agents use form P87?
In July last year I set up a company which helps mainly pilots and cabin crew claim back overpaid tax.
Each client signs a document or indicates electronically that they are happy for me to act on their behalf with HMRC.
I have submitted P87 forms for each client and up until now most of them have been approved, lots after a bit of wrangling with HMRC.
Today I get a letter rejecting 52 claims saying the client has not signed the paperwork! Up until now it was fine and now it isn't? I have authority from the client to act on their behalf with HMRC. I'm obviously doing something wrong and I'm not sure what it is.
Do I need to send P87 forms for each client? At the moment I have been sending one for each tax year but maybe I have been creating more work for myself, and wasting paper in the process!
Thank you for your help.
- Fee protection 751 14
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 124 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 902 38
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 3,033 31
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 204 3
- Overdrawn DLA 135 8
- CIS monthly declaration 135 9
- Telephone call from "Xero" 296 4
- Self assesment losses 170 5
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 105 3
- Companies House incorporation service 452 14
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 93 1
- Electronic v printed payslips 103 1
- Where to advertise for staff 187 5
- Personal investment trading company 65 1
- CIS schemes 263 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 129 2
- Excel formula 519 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 532 13
- Self assessment tax arrears 459 4
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 319
- Domain name sale and limited company 216
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 199
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 198
- Investment 198
- Tax on damages received 162
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 141