Should I register for VAT?!
I was self-employed from 2010 and before. I was advised to make a Limited Company by my account for many reasons. In short, I am a project manager but freelance out to companies (one company is my main employer). All my employers are from overseas, no action is done within the UK (or if it is it is very small, under 5k turnover a year).
Do I have to pay tax once I turnover more than the threshold? I'm not aware that I do and I haven't reached 70k yet, but I may do this year and it's weighing on my mind and I'm uncertain. I've read a lot of documents, including on HMRC but haven't been able to determine if I'm supposed to register or not for VAT.
Thanks for any help!
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,662 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 284 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 177 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,550 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 67 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 209 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 219 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 813 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 99 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,296 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 907 37
- Second Limited Company 116 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 494 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 290 8
- Probate services 368 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 496 20
- trading losses allowable? 758 14
- Post AAT? 690 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 143 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 194 2