Should I register for VAT?!
I was self-employed from 2010 and before. I was advised to make a Limited Company by my account for many reasons. In short, I am a project manager but freelance out to companies (one company is my main employer). All my employers are from overseas, no action is done within the UK (or if it is it is very small, under 5k turnover a year).
Do I have to pay tax once I turnover more than the threshold? I'm not aware that I do and I haven't reached 70k yet, but I may do this year and it's weighing on my mind and I'm uncertain. I've read a lot of documents, including on HMRC but haven't been able to determine if I'm supposed to register or not for VAT.
Thanks for any help!
- capital allowances - Demolition of a building 156 1
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 165 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 452 4
- Limited by Guarantee - Members 65 1
- VAT refund 303 3
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,278 37
- flat rate scheme 107 2
- Turnover on a tax return 537 12
- Company limited by guarantee having only 1 member 97 2
- incorrect old p60 559 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 109 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 180 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 141 1
- Special dividends & CGT 199 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 184 1
- Networking 356 5
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 276 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 302 4
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 334 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 288 2