Should I renew my professional body membership??
It's that time of year again.. subscription demand and practice certificate renewal landing in the in-box.
I qualified in 1997. I'm 50 next year. Now working more or less full time for one client, with two smaller (very small) clients - one a sole trader and one a limited company. All of my work (accounting & something completely unrelated) I do through my own limited company. The main client is really just book-keeping - he uses an external accountant to do the final accounts and tax comps.
Should I give up on my registration? I know I worked hard for it, but "at my age" (!!), thinking that the career is now on a decline. I can save a chunk of £'s by not renewing for 2012.
- Professional coaching claimable? 73 1
- Sage instant account codes 115 1
- Networking 127 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 264 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 168 1
- Turnover on a tax return 296 8
- incorrect old p60 449 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 302 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,931 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 287 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 250 3
- VAT refund 182 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 260 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 268 3
- Missing tax return 392 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,127 30
- Inflation and fees 1,409 24
- Sage Priority Support 192 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 846 24
- Micro-entity accounts 314 1