Should I renew my professional body membership??
It's that time of year again.. subscription demand and practice certificate renewal landing in the in-box.
I qualified in 1997. I'm 50 next year. Now working more or less full time for one client, with two smaller (very small) clients - one a sole trader and one a limited company. All of my work (accounting & something completely unrelated) I do through my own limited company. The main client is really just book-keeping - he uses an external accountant to do the final accounts and tax comps.
Should I give up on my registration? I know I worked hard for it, but "at my age" (!!), thinking that the career is now on a decline. I can save a chunk of £'s by not renewing for 2012.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 120 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 113 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 112 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 163 1
- How to deal with prior year error 159 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 530 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 409 4
- Exemption from CGT 238 2
- VAT Registration 246 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 439 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 343 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 192 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26