Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 342 11
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 785 34
- Payroll software for Mac 92 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 72 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 198 5
- CIS and Close Company 185 6
- LLP members share of profits 614 32
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 413 20
- Electronically supplied services - B2B 125 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 61 1
- Registered Office 62 2
- Winding up a beneficiary will trust 94 1
- Brain freeze - loss on disposal of company car 280 7
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 533 17
- 64-8 on paper or online? 91 2
- Management fees agreement 150 4
- Marginal rate relief not given on loss carry back 76 1
- Business travel apps 333 14
- VAT for Residential Property Developer 166 6
- Closed tax years 114 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 930
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 657
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 383
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 329
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 250
- Paye procedures for CVA 241
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 237
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 183
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 179
- Pension Fixed Protection 179