Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,128 47
- VAT - How hard is it? 2,051 59
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 705 22
- Capital Goods Scheme 43 3
- CGT Problem 787 7
- Concurrent users 280 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,345 16
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 425 9
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 225 1
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 2,038 13
- Selling Business 257 2
- Late loss relief claim 93 1
- Losses carry forward to self employed 492 8
- Creation of leases out of freehold 131 1
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 201 11
- Overseas marketing conferences 76 2
- Advice for new build property 290 4
- HMRC Online services password 160 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 411 6
- HMRC Post 834 11
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 788
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 432
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 383
- Electric Car 324
- S222 Charge 260
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 232
- IP trans to holding company 207
- AIA 202
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 195
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 159