Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 47 1
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,070 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 435 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 223 6
- VAT silly question 2,266 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 170 6
- Classic cars investment 156 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 252 3
- Cater Allen Commission 135 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 251 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 728 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 130 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 81 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 128 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 137 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 505 13
- Sage at it again? 372 5
- BrightPay 514 13
- Is this a scam? 1,609 27
- S455 463 21
- Benchmarking 473
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 334
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 198
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 182
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175
- Clubs and Taxable Income 173
- Late reply from HMRC 173