Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 408 5
- Statutory sick pay 275 4
- Dividend in specie 350 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 197 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 161 3
- Cash basis 468 12
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 134 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 262 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 289 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 153 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 336 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,844 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 322 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 231 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 93 1
- Investor exit 190 3
- Partially exempt? 370 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 160 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 414 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,302 22
- Skandia using wrong address 561
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 305
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 302
- Employee rewards 285
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 241
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 223
- Etax Australian 182
- LLP in Construction Industry 147
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 129
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 129