Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,025 212
- CIS paid on behalf of a limited company 29 1
- Kind of shares to take in an LTD 34 1
- Distribution on cessation of trade 210 4
- Anti Money Laundering Checks 87 1
- Changing font size in VT Transaction+ 213 6
- Trademark Fun 193 5
- What's your best practice shortcut or 'hack'? 1,499 38
- Can I strike off a company by filing DS01 online? 196 2
- VAT Fuel Scale Charge for Fuel on Private/Personal Car 182 3
- Subsistence - god I hate it! 675 14
- How to issue a loan correctly? 215 2
- Would Director's dividends on non-voting C shares risk being classed as "earnings" for NIC purposes? 183 1
- Recycle old study books 368 9
- Share for share exchange 161 3
- Wind turbines 154 1
- Looking for a qualified accountant 528 2
- Locum Doctor claiming costs for Home Office 214 2
- FL Memo - Any Good 424 7
- VAT claim 365 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,059
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 343
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 290
- National Insurance 244
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 224
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 223
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 209
- Payments on account coded out?? 203
- Non Resident 161
- Franchise income and costs 147