Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Anybody heard of Geniac, the new De Lorean? 112 2
- are receipts needed? 521 14
- Gift of property & improvements 138 3
- General tax book with planning 191 3
- VAT Invoice 190 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 275 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 234 9
- Error in past Corporate tax return 374 6
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,260 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 306 11
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 817 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 139 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 249 3
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 170 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 475 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 397 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 265 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 214 6
- Accounting for a finance lease 179 4
- SA302's anyone?? 552 16
- Skandia using wrong address 1,621
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 902
- International interest certificate 513
- NOVA 369
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 302
- Management expenses for investment company 268
- Bonus Bonds 262
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 176
- tax on apprenticeship income 175
- P11D benefit received by widow 153