Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Sage Priority Support 84 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 678 18
- incorrect old p60 101 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 475 4
- VAT on new builds 104 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 342 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 116 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 107 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 125 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,831 26
- Missing tax return 164 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 917 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 273 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 158 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 553 18
- Physiotherapy 238 3
- Inflation and fees 1,215 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 160 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 277 8
- CGT help please 143 1