Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Capital Gains Query 57 2
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,070 14
- Using a PO Box address 54 3
- Late filing fees - worth appealing? 312 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 106 2
- Share restructure 254 9
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 411 7
- Unknown cash receipt 1,436 12
- Shareholder Loan write off 544 25
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 288 4
- CGT on Property 158 1
- Vat on sales invoice which includes expenses 144 3
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 730 19
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 352 9
- Gross sales to purchases 208 2
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 194 3
- Capital allowances 148 2
- RTI Filing 1,414 21
- Loan to a participator 170 4
- Does unpaid share capital attract s455 liability? 381 7
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 715
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 482
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 318
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 310
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 256
- growth voucher supplier 228
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 192
- VAT on Gaming Machines 190
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 161