Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Is cloud accounting actually pretty pants? 2,279 40
- Accounting for corporation tax 23 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 132 8
- Windows10 81 4
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 603 24
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,656 36
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 290 6
- Digita Accounts Production Advanced - general perception 446 25
- Class 2 NIC 179 3
- A thursday afternoon muse 161 2
- Barrister "M25 Patch"? 369 6
- Probate services 400 8
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 850 5
- Invoices raised after company dissolution 219 6
- Unusual marketing methods for accountants 777 14
- An IT question 271 6
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 325 9
- SDLT 334 9
- Windows 10 anyone? 321 7
- Can an owner hold company money 248 5
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 835
- Benchmark accounting software 686
- Members in Public Practice 515
- Sole trader registering for the first time 324
- Oplex Careers CPD 321
- What are HMRC implying? 291
- VAT 257
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 244
- Payroll manager and the cloud 215
- Is the APN valid 195