Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Dividend dates 451 8
- R&D tax credit claim 187 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,323 27
- PITA client 80 2
- CIS Deductions 257 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 46 1
- is this fraud? 741 13
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,261 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 467 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,472 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 196 5
- Not a good start no broadband 465 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 161 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 708 14
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 207 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 85 1
- Intrastat triangulation 68 1
- CGT 149 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Question regarding gym training 387 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 590
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 238
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 176
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 168
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151