Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Who can I refer leads to? 142 2
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 174 6
- Engagement letter 127 2
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 107 3
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 265 7
- How do you account in the VAT return for 267 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 86 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 126 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 162 2
- Missing accountant! 1,366 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,031 18
- Sage Import Data 151 3
- Australian dividend 88 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 481 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 96 3
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 572 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 77 1
- Spanish Tax Return 200 6
- Dividend Vouchers 225 3
- National Insurance. 254 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 420
- CTA study material 386
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 282
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 262
- Pre incorp expenses 237
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 212
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 205
- Slight twist on employment related securities 192
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 134