Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Investment company 248 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 311 1
- Where has Portia gone? 980 42
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 190 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 345 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 65 1
- deceased creditor 35 1
- Transfer of stock 348 12
- Holiday entitlement 537 10
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 333 7
- HMRC manual ESSM 187 1
- Extension of lease in flat management company 249 3
- Football Agent Fees 728 23
- Tax avoidance - Doyou know of a better approval? 637 4
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 500 14
- Dir optimum salary 15/16 1,419 22
- Valuation of rental property for the new non-resident CGT rules 162 1
- Rogue Accountant 2,926 48
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 1,733 35
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 255 8
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 777
- RTI - duplicate employee record 517
- Pensions Regulator 442
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 400
- Sage Vat return box 2 298
- Sanzar 297
- Digital marketing focus group 281
- How do you do it 266
- Report old income 232
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 232