Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Use of aliases 624 17
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 129 5
- Real names 172 3
- Accounting Crew 755 17
- Dividend payment date 1,753 30
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 51 1
- PDF to QIF (or other)? 462 12
- Complete business outside UK 104 2
- What's the plural? 572 12
- to VAT or not to VAT 133 3
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 245 11
- Loan interest rental property 144 4
- Processing RTI whilst on holiday 2,839 47
- Unclaimed customer balance 130 3
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 368 3
- Self Employed travel 330 7
- Company Secretarial Software 1,249 26
- Resigning as only director 1,079 10
- Life assurance gains anomoly?? 225 1
- Payroll charges when raw data not reliable 574 7
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 565
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 421
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 323
- IFA incorporation 297
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 289
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 278
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 245
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 231
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 215
- Cancelled 174