Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Deferred Tax 22 1
- Help - Capital Allowance 296 8
- Split year treatment 48 2
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 64 2
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 766 20
- Splitting income from property rental or not? 304 8
- Window Comb Binder Cover 238 4
- client can't/won't pay 569 14
- Knuckle down one week to go! 198 6
- Self Ass. Return 68 1
- Depreciation 263 2
- Non-SA client with large capital gain 385 13
- What tax to pay 105 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 278 7
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 304 10
- AIA 274 6
- CURRENT VERSION OF p45 154 2
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 690 29
- Tax Penalty overeaction 646 11
- calculate mortgage interest 222 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 802
- Copy Wanted 512
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 469
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 460
- Latest phishing scam 301
- Entrepreneurs' relief 288
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 282
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 261
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 250
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 249