Should they use the same UTR
Never come across this before.
Client has a self-employed sole trade.
In May 2010 he went into partnership (different business to his sole trade) with his wife.
Partnership ceased (having made a loss of about £1000) a few months after starting. Partnership Tax Return for 2010-11 shows start and end dates.
They have just decided to give the partnership another go and, because they still have quite a lot of the advertising materials etc from the first time around, it makes sense for them to use the same trading name.
Thus my question. Are they able to use the same UTR for the partnership this time around, or will HMRC view this as a new business and want a new UTR used?
- Ltd company or sole trader 25 1
- Insolvent Liquidation 98 1
- insolvency ip control 151 1
- I know this has been done to death but IRIS / DIGITA / CCH??? 293 3
- Free Agent data? 78 1
- Generic PAYE notices 62 1
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 120 3
- Mature student with NO GCSEs or A levels but with very solid 2:1 degree, needs help? 510 9
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 533 12
- Fee protection 73 1
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 109 3
- What tax rules apply to oversea representative office employees in UK? 71 1
- UK company avoiding tax 178 2
- Finland 70 1
- With or without a practicing certificate 959 20
- Is HMRC iXBRL filing only available for small audit exempt companies 163 4
- What do you class as Research and Development for R&D Tax Relief 505 8
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,194 40
- reconcile Invoice finance bank statement on sage 103 1
- Closing Limited Company 380 10
- Xtuple 480
- Qtac payroll for bureau 323
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 270
- Industrial & Provident Societies 260
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 201
- Mehjoo 198
- Changes in NHS pensions 166
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 165
- New strategic report 159
- Domain name sale and limited company 135