Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 35 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief 707 36
- IT advisory questions? 45 2
- PAYE 1,511 17
- Should I move back home away from my office? 273 5
- More AE! 613 13
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 455 6
- Scanners 52 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,056 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 98 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 100 3
- Invoice dispute 565 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 244 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 412 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 87 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 118 1
- IHT dilemma 1,326 20
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,074 18
- SA -2012_13 return - worth changing? 218 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 171 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,135
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 789
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 474
- Digita Hosted Software 313
- Credit where credit's due....... 252
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 218
- Director phone costs 211
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 183
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 156
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 144