Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 270 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,545 502
- Sick pay 210 6
- Directors self assessment 99 2
- Employer's Helpline 204 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 79 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 180 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,749 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,076 8
- Undeclared rental income 350 6
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 934 27
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 114 2
- 2 sole traders merging to become a limited company what do they need? 296 10
- Unfurnished Lettings Expenditure 246 6
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 442 20
- cross border vat 148 3
- Which profit figure to use 206 2
- Audit partner? 375 7
- home office expenses as a director 224 6
- Drop box Storage 943 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,409
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 537
- National Insurance 438
- Non Resident 328
- Hands on experience of Digita 258
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 246
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 163
- Umbrella pay services 140
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 121
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 120