Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 164 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,150 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,832 60
- Legal title not in the company name 795 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 343 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 313 8
- Opening Balances 207 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 589 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 115 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 93 1
- This is getting boring 621 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 267 7
- pension paid by company? 123 3
- inheritance tax 426 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 351 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 231 4
- State pension 304 3
- Accountancy Career 149 1
- CIC Company 658 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 641
- Cancelled 396
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 354
- Cancelled 338
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 310
- Probiz 305
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 280
- How not to compose an email 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 259
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 224