Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 69 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 307 2
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 191 3
- looking for a practice consultant 160 2
- The stupidity continues 1,451 73
- Withdrawing company car 119 1
- AML report needed? 189 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 244 6
- RE assets introduced and rent 94 1
- transactions after account have been closed 319 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 88 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 396 9
- Marketing and email surprises 454 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 770 26
- What is IRIS World like? 419 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 333 5
- Mlom bollocks 279 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 126 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 160 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 599 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 244
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 242
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 218
- Is there anything wrong with this? 213
- Small Part Disposal of Property 203
- Uncommercial property business 191