Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- UK Accountancy Franchise 253 5
- Newly Started Practice 679 13
- Sage Payroll 144 2
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 185 3
- PAYROLL - SAGE v Microsoft Payroll Manager 137 1
- Clients 728 15
- Simplified auto enrolment? 199 2
- Tax and children 159 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 568 8
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 391 16
- Directors obligation to notify 122 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 273 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 185 1
- Starting new accounting business 336 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 158 4
- error on companies house accounts 766 18
- RTI penalties 153 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 325 5
- US Sales Tax 117 1
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 207 3
- QROP pension input amounts 503
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 485
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 448
- EPS and CIS deductions 306
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 294
- Construction CIS LLP Company 287
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 252
- SAGE winforecast 207
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 192
- Overdrawn director account 179