Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 519 18
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 264 3
- Fees 462 6
- HMRC Post 579 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 429 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 173 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 440 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 288 3
- www.pool.adzio 156 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 186 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,879 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 285 3
- Transactions with directors 478 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 313 9
- Non VAT invoices 248 4
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,434 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 279 5
- Form 17 Download 195 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 598 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 409 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 418
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 214
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 188
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182