Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 148 4
- What would you do in this situation? 476 12
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 122 3
- Help Required 267 6
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 218 2
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 387 14
- What's in a name ? 221 4
- ATED Penalties 257 1
- late second payment on account 149 2
- US royalties 74 2
- Project being run jointly 121 2
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 174 2
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 162 3
- Sole trader mix up 285 4
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 733 6
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 887 27
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 208 4
- Filing company accounts 134 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 503 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 159 5
- CTA study material 697
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 422
- Employment related securities question 264
- AIM Stocks and IHT 244
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 197
- Trust for Employee 183
- Expat pension contributions? 181
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 155
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 152
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 116