Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 290 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 85 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 184 4
- Rental property company 96 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 272 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 247 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 377 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 140 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 182 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 310 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 478 5
- Director's tax return 390 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,126 34
- Flat rate vat 228 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 384 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 815
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174