Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Hobby Horse 777 8
- Non resident income. 448 20
- What sectors to target? 605 30
- FYAs on second-hand vans 254 7
- Rent a room scheme query. 180 3
- client can't/won't pay 1,932 41
- Self assesment online 988 11
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 260 21
- Why do I do this every year 408 9
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 300 5
- closing limited company 172 2
- VAT when selling on Amazon 90 1
- HMRC filing meltdown? 516 14
- Childcare voucher schemes 251 9
- IHT and US resident 62 1
- Limited Companies Merger 209 6
- Incidental costs of Acquisition for inherited property/shares 139 1
- Practice management 381 7
- IHT and cash gifts 248 5
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 562 13
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 926
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 646
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 597
- Latest phishing scam 578
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 413
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 311
- Scratch Head 240
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 230
- Sabbatical payments 195
- Negligible Value Claim 174