Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 769 5
- See you all on the other side 774 6
- 12Pay 555 2
- dividends 767 2
- R&D 371 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,235 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 485 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 488 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 446 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 586 5
- Seeking a tax case 700 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 563 4
- Companies house strike off 683 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 505 2
- Moving to the cloud 792 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 231 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 954 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 236 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,133 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 544 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 583
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 434
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 383
- IRIS and FRS 102 370
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 370
- Marginal rates of tax 361
- Capitalising Finance Lease 349
- Class 2 NI 343
- USA help 330
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 315