Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 28 1
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 120 10
- EIS/SEIS 120 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 244 1
- You know its over 112 2
- Cocaine anyone? 389 7
- TaxCalc Accounts production 380 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 380 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 632 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 507 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 526 4
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 52 1
- Personal pension 383 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 210 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,190 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 884 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 103 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,502 22
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 306 4
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 275 1
- Hive up 479
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 442
- corporate hierarchy 421
- Advice - 259
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 216
- WWOOFers 208
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 197
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 186
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 168
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 164