Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Capital Gain? 413 11
- IHT Query 72 2
- Reversing out RTI 125 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 855 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 306 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 275 6
- BrightPay 618 18
- Classic cars investment 244 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 239 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 326 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 352 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 275 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 277 2
- H&W company 258 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 213 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 175 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 199 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 812 32
- VAT silly question 2,418 56
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 416
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 190