Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Employed clients and expenses 831 16
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 617 22
- Goods Purchased for Rental 605 31
- More HMRC on gov.uk 195 4
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 145 3
- Cash withdrawn and not accounted for 271 3
- Auto Enrolment set up 380 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 532 18
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 430 9
- Interflora florist 89 1
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 297 6
- Directors loan accounts 429 10
- Income Self employed 553 8
- Know it alls (who don't) 1,219 22
- Contingent Liability - Copyright Dispute - Disclosure ? 257 7
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 360 7
- Payment for Promotional Samples 262 1
- Transactions between Associated Companies 126 2
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,044 1
- Share premium or Directors Loan 703 29
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 542
- NOVA 490
- Bonus Bonds 376
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 356
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 275
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 240
- Friendly Pensions 172
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 157
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 145
- Finance Lease 141