Should You Reduce Fees For Good Bookkeeping ?
As a relatively new practice, I still struggle with setting fees! I struggle to distinguish between pricing for a client where the client does his own bookkeeping,(by that i mean keeps basic records, maybe a spreadsheet, but no bank recs) and I prepare the Company Accounts, compared with a client who asks me to do all his bookkeeping, plus the Company Accounts .
My question is, if you take on a clients bookkeeping, where you obviously set a lower hourly rate, do the work, which might result in a bookkeeping fee of approx £250 per year (say based on 12-15 hours work per year), But then how do I reflect this in the final bill for his limited company accounts ?
Adding the bookkeeping fee to the standard fee for limited company accounts might seem to make be expensive in the clients eyes ? On the other hand a reduction of £250 from the final bill would just wipe out the profit, and would mean a lot of hours spent for not a lot of fees!! Is there a balance in the middle somewhere ? Or would you just cost the final accounts based upon a reduction in the hours work required becuase of the improved quality of the books!
Any guidance appreciated.
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,273 25
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 618 11
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 369 8
- Company ceased trading 21 1
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 90 2
- Are Property Design Exhibitions Claimable 129 3
- Agent online self service 608 14
- Accountant won't release working papers 3,036 54
- Not renewing AAT 763 9
- What's the best software for this? 442 4
- Email encryption 1,430 15
- Next Move 786 21
- Zoho Books 196 1
- Self-assessment statistics 2,517 59
- Transmission of ISA 180 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 247 2
- CGT of shares gifted 404 6
- New dividend taxation 609 3
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 203 1
- Company car v company allowance 345 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 675
- Property letting & CAs 408
- 2015 tax year end 401
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 399
- FCA regulated company in a small group 351
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 326
- Costly Accounting Software contract 250
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 244
- DTA tie-breaker issue 223
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 211