Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Question re Career choice... 1,613 10
- Which address 1,042 12
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 573 20
- MS Surface Pro 3 80 1
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,469 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,059 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,203 44
- R&D tax claim 249 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 530 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 183 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 131 2
- Gift to employee 376 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 168 1
- Transfer of a business 127 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,142 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 416 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 121 2
- Sage Import Data 314 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 139 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 483
- CTA study material 457
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 336
- Pre incorp expenses 316
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 270
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 257
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 209
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 162
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 144
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135