Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- I do not love you 263 5
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 123 2
- Limited Company 214 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 186 1
- Love is in the air 763 10
- Stamp Duty 342 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 750 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 901 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 410 5
- Paying Son 819 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 406 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 285 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,076 47
- Setting up a practice 657 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 637 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 570 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 500 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,877 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 470 1
- Foreign domicile status 319
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 304
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 250
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 240
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236