Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- sole trader to ltd company 28 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 98 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,055 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,101 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 293 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 222 7
- Dual taxation - usa 182 2
- My house has fallen down 430 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 84 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 275 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 249 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 75 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 101 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 545 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 936 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 283 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 199 2
- Property sale split between years 151 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 92 3
- VATMOSS filing 161 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 637
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 403
- Pensions Regulator 377
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 319
- RTI - duplicate employee record 317
- SA penalty proposals 295
- Using the correct forms 294
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 274
- Digital marketing focus group 195
- Sage Vat return box 2 185