Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Is this acceptable advice for limited co 1,066 29
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 433 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 218 6
- VAT silly question 2,265 51
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 169 6
- Classic cars investment 155 4
- Ceasing to trade when legal action being taken.. 251 3
- Cater Allen Commission 134 3
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 250 4
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 728 20
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 127 1
- VAT on 'educational' services - UK and overseas 78 1
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 126 1
- Sage 2010 data corruption 135 5
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 504 13
- Sage at it again? 372 5
- BrightPay 514 13
- Is this a scam? 1,609 27
- S455 463 21
- client issues 342 4
- Benchmarking 473
- Possible Partnership? 419
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 403
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 391
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 334
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 198
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 182
- Income tax on foreign dividends 175
- Clubs and Taxable Income 173
- Late reply from HMRC 171