Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Solicitors Clients Monies 12 1
- Bookkeeping and a/c reconciliation for a members club - advice please 67 4
- AML checks 146 3
- What is IRIS World like? 153 4
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 332 13
- Xero - Should I partner with them 438 9
- Sage import sales invoices with due dates 80 2
- HP VAT with flat rate scheme 121 1
- Director needs to withdraw 45k lump sum from company 467 7
- Micro entity accounts - cessation of trade 86 1
- Spellcheckers 167 1
- How long to process paper 64-8 (SA)? 282 5
- Sage Bank rec 110 1
- ERS reporting - online filing 250 7
- Is business bank account compulsory for all businesses? 146 1
- Transferring debts between company balance sheets. 146 6
- Small Company sold building, how to show in accounts 222 6
- Contract Hire Van, reclaiming input VAT 218 2
- Just for fun. 1,268 46
- Directors Share Purchase 336 14
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 398
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 374
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 355
- Perkbox 331
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 278
- Document Management Systems 269
- WIP Software 260
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 193
- No payroll scheme in place 186
- Nomisma feedback? 184