Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 89 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 212 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 98 2
- Purchase of ltd company 60 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 643 27
- Share Capital 158 3
- Business Bank account 43 1
- Administrative restoration 150 4
- Limited company 58 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 120 3
- Excel formula 450 9
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 161 4
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 104 2
- Companies House incorporation service 396 13
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 318 2
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,621 13
- Bereavment payment 165 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 121 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,183 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 301 4
- Xtuple 553
- Qtac payroll for bureau 378
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 322
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 306
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 192
- Investment 189
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 184