Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Second Limited Company 131 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,668 38
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 291 6
- Tax implication on superannuation 180 3
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,553 25
- GRNI - Normal Balance 76 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 233 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 220 8
- Tax Fines - HMRC 821 13
- Taxi Drivers Cost of Sale 115 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,297 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 911 37
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 496 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 296 8
- Probate services 372 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 515 20
- trading losses allowable? 761 14
- Post AAT? 695 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 160 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 195 2