Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Changing shareholding ratio 66 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 102 1
- SA1 forms 337 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 122 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 78 1
- ICPA 423 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 687 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 139 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 523 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 163 3
- Delayed option to tax 178 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 227 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 838 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 341 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 419 7
- Redundancy Pay 334 4
- question about merging two companies... 200 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 453 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 237 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 535 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 821
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 645
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211