Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Double entry 15 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 986 10
- Bureau payroll software and Auto Enrolment - which is the best? 110 3
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 180 8
- SAGE winforecast 234 1
- Trust 100 1
- VAT NETP and Tax Agents/Representatives joimnt and several liability 63 1
- Reverse charge on services between UK and IE 68 1
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 58 1
- Disclosure on Cessation Accounts 178 1
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 131 3
- printer paper for Certificate of Incorporation 225 5
- I'm losing the will to live... 170 1
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 95 4
- Auto enrolment 1,572 15
- Annual Report - How to? 275 10
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 264 4
- Client's company struck off 2,074 26
- Accountants not providing all required information 163 3
- 15% restirction on lease cars 136 2
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 527
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 460
- EPS and CIS deductions 325
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 309
- Construction CIS LLP Company 298
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 288
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 246
- Overdrawn director account 210
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 203
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 189