Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Recharge for private use of a company car 319 7
- Are clients getting more stupid? 1,162 19
- CGT 312 14
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 296 1
- Interest paid to non-UK company - Deduction 94 2
- Accounts production software license expiry & possible alternatives 245 5
- Compliance check 481 13
- sole trader accountant 740 14
- Entrepreneurs Relief 387 15
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 594 21
- More AE! 468 11
- How to classify an asset 134 3
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 265 2
- when a charity makes a donation.... 170 4
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 111 2
- Statement of turnover template 180 4
- CGT 112 1
- Importers 209 3
- Micro Entity Accounts 166 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 246 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,066
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 776
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 453
- Digita Hosted Software 277
- Call Centre Data Costs 243
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 210
- Credit where credit's due....... 202
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 196
- Married Couples Allowance wasted? 178
- Director phone costs 137