Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 183 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 131 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 120 2
- You know its over 233 3
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 158 3
- Cocaine anyone? 463 8
- Late Registration for VAT 472 13
- EIS/SEIS 132 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 260 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 401 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 399 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 670 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 533 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 560 4
- Personal pension 392 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 215 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,200 11
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 900 27
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 140 3
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,514 22
- Hive up 483
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 448
- corporate hierarchy 430
- Advice - 267
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 219
- WWOOFers 214
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 202
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 191
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 171
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 167