Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,619 432
- Cash injection by shareholder 247 6
- capital gains on PPR 120 6
- 40% rule for travel expenses 323 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,225 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 317 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 257 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 405 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,388 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 343 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 284 8
- PRR 322 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 221 3
- corp tax software 383 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 456 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 484 7
- Which tax box 209 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 178 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 297 3
- References for clients 261 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,305
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 469
- National Insurance 363
- Non Resident 287
- Franchise income and costs 258
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 175
- Employer's Helpline 160
- employment capital allowances 154
- CIS paid under reg 9 146