Silly questions 1.
I love my clients, I really do. They are the sun and the moon to me.... ;oj
But sometimes I am left speechless.
So this week I picked up some paperwork. While I'm standing there, holding the box of files and a carrier bag of receipts, the client (whom I love more than air....) says "so, what will the tax bill be?"
"Well," says I, "I'm not sure. I'll have to open the files and work on it".
"Yes but, you must have a rough idea?"
So, bit naughty and a sarcastic, (I know. sorry), I held the box up as if I'm testing the weight of it. Wiggle it a bit, and say "Well, I think going on the weight of the stuff, I'd reckon round about £1,900......"
"ah ok that's ok" he says.
Anyways, I've just finished, and his tax bill is £1,919.22.
No doubt I'll get told off for being £19.22 out on my estimate.
But I'm wondering whether to bother doing accounts anymore and just go by weight of the books.......
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 185 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 34 1
- Investor exit 163 3
- Partially exempt? 341 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 77 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 356 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,120 22
- Fee base v staff ratio 104 1
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 349 4
- Cash basis 371 10
- Statutory sick pay 213 3
- Overseas bank interest 205 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 144 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 348 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 205 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 304 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,934 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,379 12
- Lorry Drivers 397 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 264 2
- Skandia using wrong address 549
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 296
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 292
- Employee rewards 281
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 258
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 245
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 234
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 217
- Etax Australian 179
- LLP in Construction Industry 143