Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- What does it mean?? 198 4
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 89 2
- Gifting shares 236 5
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 167 5
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 577 11
- Tax Credit Overpayment 224 8
- A question about share structure 187 3
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 218 5
- Holding companies 130 5
- Offsetting CIS tax suffered against CT 88 2
- another ir35!!!! 984 5
- I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but here goes 518 6
- Soil Survey Required Mortgage 200 6
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 90 2
- Donations/grants by a CIC 169 1
- VAT Registration 396 18
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 658 5
- Notes to statutory accounts 194 9
- Childminding & Wear & Tear Allowance 94 1
- VAT on motor expenses 854 30
- Skandia using wrong address 1,525
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 839
- International interest certificate 457
- NOVA 314
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 203
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 203
- Bonus Bonds 198
- Management expenses for investment company 192
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 178
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 166