Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Employed clients and expenses 749 12
- VAT return - Box 7 & 9 Vat cash accounting 19 1
- FRS 102 Fair Value v open market value 97 2
- Taxfiler V's BTC 789 31
- Quickbooks 2015 167 1
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 334 13
- Sage reporting 95 4
- SA302's anyone?? 2,770 41
- Directors loan accounts 232 6
- Professional Clearance 1,505 23
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 326 8
- Expense receipt from previous quarter not included in VAT return 100 2
- Change of director first name on Annual Return 121 2
- BTC Software 256 9
- Allowable expenditure when claiming wear & tear 182 7
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 97 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 570 30
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,706 25
- Audit procedures on a dormant company 101 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 233 7
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,013
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 522
- NOVA 478
- Bonus Bonds 360
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 345
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 261
- Payment for Promotional Samples 234
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 230
- Friendly Pensions 157
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 146