Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 504 19
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,605 13
- Bereavment payment 108 3
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 105 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,124 7
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 277 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 356 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,299 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 159 2
- Companies House incorporation service 356 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 83 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 157 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 200 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 216 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 275 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 147 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 157 3
- Share Capital 140 2
- Trading income or not? 204 1
- Charge HMRC 437 3
- Xtuple 550
- Qtac payroll for bureau 377
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 321
- Industrial & Provident Societies 315
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 297
- CIS schemes 225
- Domain name sale and limited company 206
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 191
- Investment 188
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 180