Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Time recording 28 1
- Land Registry 241 3
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 20 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 65 1
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 495 8
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 944 13
- Auto Enrolment 652 4
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 169 5
- Transferring rental property to limited company 383 12
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 792 19
- Company Number 10000000 325 4
- Advertising Tips? 269 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,507 29
- IR35 354 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 392 12
- Revenue phishing examples 202 1
- iris update 11.9.2 185 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 447 13
- 2015 tax year end 531 1
- Company Structure 296 8
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 730
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 431
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 371
- Costly Accounting Software contract 355
- Directors' advances and credits 282
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 249
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 232
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195