Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 245 9
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 220 14
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 194 10
- Incorporation Relief 81 1
- What type of Trust? 140 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 125 5
- OBK 574 19
- Instant CPD offer 121 2
- Dividend in specie 116 2
- Investor exit 102 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 90 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 156 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 76 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,714 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,749 26
- Sage error message 149 2
- Partially exempt? 178 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 526 5
- Mileage claim 262 9
- Proof of Delivery 262 8
- Skandia using wrong address 464
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 264
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 208
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 207
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 190
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 152