Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 90 4
- Tax status of prizes 261 16
- Accounting for a finance lease 27 2
- do i pay vat when buying a business 453 24
- SA302's anyone?? 389 14
- Deed of variation on a will & effect on tax returns 53 1
- Clogged Losses 222 4
- Import Sales Invoices into Sage Instant 278 5
- Are Sage finally getting it's act together? 192 2
- Receiving dividends from a pension fund? 83 5
- Partnership to LLP - Capital Contribution 157 3
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 133 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 353 9
- Bookkeping software 558 5
- VAT MOSS - e-services query 94 1
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 349 12
- clg 142 3
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,465 38
- RTI error - two of the same employer - what to do 309 6
- VAT errors 194 4
- Skandia using wrong address 1,608
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 890
- International interest certificate 500
- NOVA 360
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 269
- Bonus Bonds 252
- Management expenses for investment company 251
- Help with tax codes on Sage 199
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 164
- tax on apprenticeship income 155