Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Use of home deduction 489 15
- Copy Wanted 662 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 21 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 846 31
- Non resident income. 235 12
- Company dividends 390 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 56 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 78 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 174 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 526 21
- Software 324 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 398 6
- SA late payment penalty 181 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 295 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 102 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 107 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 111 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 118 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,418 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 261 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 545
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 513
- Latest phishing scam 401
- Entrepreneurs' relief 373
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 333
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 315
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 300
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190