Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,301 31
- Disposal of property 54 2
- Tax liability of sole trader changing to partnership 100 1
- Website - Any guess on their business ... 134 2
- trading or dormant 177 4
- do I have to pay NI? 87 2
- Matching of tax return to P60 213 5
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 179 7
- Tax Return Deadlines 295 5
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,243 15
- what time is it ? 459 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 447 25
- VAT chargeable or not? 129 3
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,284 55
- find-accountants.com 271 3
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 116 3
- Funds introduced by company secretary... 295 5
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 214 8
- Related Parties Note 220 4
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,079 20
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 942
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 533
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 343
- How to format a stock book 330
- Tax efficient holding company structure 267
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 254
- Investment property company accounts template 236
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 201
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 201
- Charge out rates in London? 170