Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Scams are not always obvious 838 26
- More RTI stuff 18 1
- Little PPR calc question 78 2
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 343 5
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 187 4
- Retrospective Credit Notes 39 2
- Can loss derived in first year of letting out be carried forward to be set off rental in next year? 472 9
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 34 1
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 249 7
- Restructuring company and Form 42 99 5
- Personal allowance 488 11
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 175 6
- Taxation of rental income 295 6
- Market Value/Connected Persons 231 9
- Overseas company and VAT 53 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 146 2
- Workshops centred around Xero 484 12
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 189 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 200 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 117 3
- New Fangled Penalties 1,045
- Moving away from CCH software 911
- Recruitment agencies 534
- QROP pension input amounts 414
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 366
- Deemed Employment Payment 349
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 315
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 302
- fraud 228
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 227