Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 266 8
- Company struck off 106 4
- Employment Allowance 365 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 137 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 410 8
- West Bromich Albion 325 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 341 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,869 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 389 10
- Do I need a smartphone? 103 2
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,269 45
- 27,000 Really? 1,202 38
- Legal title not in the company name 816 23
- Opening Balances 225 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 609 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 163 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 117 1
- This is getting boring 645 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 283 7
- pension paid by company? 146 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 293
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225