Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,266 370
- 100% Xero practice 2,267 42
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,226 22
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 88 1
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 249 6
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 157 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 103 1
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 110 3
- Scottish but not UK 305 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 280 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 101 1
- What is the role of an accountant? 446 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 262 1
- P11D Query 148 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 81 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,326 25
- Company Accounts 439 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 93 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 292 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 197 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,220
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 329
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 321
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152