Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Member meet up 1 October in London 336 8
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 190 7
- Identify cost savings 212 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 449 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 125 2
- Capital gains tax and PPR 101 1
- Jobs after completing ACCA 143 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 595 11
- are these allowable deductions? 137 1
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,662 20
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 575 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 89 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 144 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 420 7
- Schedule A losses 156 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 205 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 836 1
- Fees 799 8
- P11D & tax return 290 10
- Freelance/Employee 935 22
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 438
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 391
- Electric Car 334
- S222 Charge 269
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 241
- AIA 216
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 205
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 171
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 162