Simple Excel problem with rounding
In Excel if I have a formula in each of three cells (say, B1, B2 and B3), let's say B1 has =A1/3, B2 has =A1*2, and B3 has =A1.
Say in A1 I have 4.2.
Then B1, B2 and B3 evaluate to 1.4, 8.4 and 4.2 respectively.
Then =sum(B1:B3) evaluates to 14.
Suppose then I set my viewing options to display only whole numbers.
I then have 1+8+4=14.
Other users of my spreadsheet will spot what appears to be an obvious error!
I could avoid this by laboriously amending the formula in each of the cells to =round([formula],0).
I would then have a different result 1+8+4=13 which at least doesn't 'look wrong' on screen.
But changing the formulae in each of the cells B1 to B3 is a pain! And what if I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of formulae?
Is there an easy way to make sure a spreadsheet which shows figures in round pounds, or round thousands, or round millions, can be made to look as if at least I can add up correctly!!
I am sure this must have been asked before.
- Corporation Tax Software 377 11
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 652 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 68 1
- Auto enrolment 105 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 99 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 82 4
- Regular Director bonus 432 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 110 1
- BrightPay 1,089 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 520 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 336 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,092 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 970 13
- BIK for an electric car 159 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,627 90
- How do I save face? 2,347 14
- Goodie bag 3,089 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 116 1
- How many associated companies 195 2
- Possible Partnership? 686
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 512
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 333
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 264
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 254
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 206