Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,481 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 150 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 96 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 273 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 236 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,235 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 369 6
- Go Cardless 385 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 331 3
- Mehjoo 335 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 154 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 411 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 200 4
- SA302 347 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 297 13
- Bringing money to Uk 303 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 262 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 199 1
- Hosted email exchange 194 5
- Xtuple 522
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 301
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 238
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 216
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 212
- Domain name sale and limited company 183
- CIS schemes 179
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 155