Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 105 3
- client can't/won't pay 166 9
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 189 6
- losses carried forward 346 10
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 447 22
- Auto enrolment 1,608 26
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 193 8
- VT 327 7
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 678 18
- 5% penalty on late payment 123 2
- Ongoing trade? 235 5
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 276 2
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 871 41
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 144 3
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 730 19
- Tax Penalty overeaction 550 10
- New Boiler at Rental Property 251 3
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 244 4
- Freelance software consultant 285 3
- opening balamces 350 11
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 775
- Copy Wanted 487
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 278
- Entrepreneurs' relief 260
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 226
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 224