Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Reclaiming overpaid employer NI contributions 133 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 27 1
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 55 1
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 693 6
- US royalties 19 1
- What's in a name ? 89 2
- Sole trader mix up 235 3
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 864 27
- Help Required 187 5
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 194 4
- Filing company accounts 106 1
- Accountancy work for Farmers 464 16
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 139 5
- Company Name - Number of Characters 243 7
- Bulk Invoicing 142 5
- late second payment on account 105 1
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 148 6
- How much did you pay for your website 1,353 22
- Is a dormant CT600 needed? 150 2
- What would you do in this situation? 386 9
- CTA study material 686
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 417
- Employment related securities question 259
- AIM Stocks and IHT 240
- ATED Penalties 234
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 191
- Trust for Employee 178
- Expat pension contributions? 173
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 140
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 111