Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,274 46
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 278 8
- Company struck off 115 4
- Employment Allowance 369 6
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 145 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 414 8
- West Bromich Albion 327 2
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 341 10
- What are options for non CA firm 2,875 61
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 389 10
- Do I need a smartphone? 105 2
- 27,000 Really? 1,207 38
- Legal title not in the company name 817 23
- Opening Balances 225 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 611 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 167 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 118 1
- This is getting boring 647 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 285 7
- pension paid by company? 147 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 645
- Cancelled 400
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 356
- Cancelled 345
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 312
- Probiz 307
- How not to compose an email 295
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 284
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 260
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 225