Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- General tax book with planning 143 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,196 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 280 11
- Gift of property & improvements 111 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 339 5
- VAT Invoice 130 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 802 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 127 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 215 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 180 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 149 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 446 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 371 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 254 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 182 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 163 4
- SA302's anyone?? 535 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 193 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 510
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 293
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 149