Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- husband and wife dividends 361 11
- Value pricing 2,622 102
- Capital allowance vehicle exchange 119 5
- What is considered an acceptable price for arable farming land 283 6
- Sage Instant Accounts 61 2
- LLP members share of profits 551 31
- VAT Registration 301 4
- VAT Option to tax 412 13
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 134 1
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 176 5
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 261 4
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,165 26
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,183 18
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 103 2
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 67 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,980 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 159 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 95 2
- Business travel apps 150 3
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 98 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 900
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 632
- Free Tax Legislation? 391
- Director Loan account operation 390
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 311
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 282
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 216
- Paye procedures for CVA 216
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 176