Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 1,067 13
- Profit split /Rent 109 3
- Is it possible and what should be done? 211 3
- Unhappy client over fees 1,479 35
- Capital Gains Tax and Enhancement 87 2
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 228 3
- Accounting software for investment holding company 198 2
- Disposal of freehold from Ltd Co to another Ltd in a newly formed group 97 1
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 254 5
- Multi user accounting software 150 2
- S455 tax on existing loans on becoming a participator 124 1
- Does QuickBooks Online have aged debtors and creditors reports? 232 2
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 209 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 420 11
- do i need an online accounting software 564 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 126 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 699 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 261 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 1,041 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 213 2
- NHS finance professionals 794
- Foreign Pension Contribution 479
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 474
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 408
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 376
- IFA income recognition & reporting 282
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 266
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 257
- FRM claim for travel to training course 214
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 213