Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 196 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,905 56
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 531 11
- 2 companies, one payroll 240 8
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 620 12
- Freelance/Employee 422 10
- Freehold management company 158 3
- Finding mobile numbers for clients we have lost contact with 276 3
- Volontaire International en Entreprise (VIE) 220 6
- System selection 241 3
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 150 1
- Director Liability 150 2
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 191 4
- How do I answer a W-8BEN-E question (USA IRS) 394 4
- exemptions from CIS 271 6
- Directors exempt from AE? 590 10
- Xero Pain Points 662 20
- Impairment in value of subsidiary - allowable? 296 13
- Client Require Tax Return and Profit and Loss for Housing Benefit claim 275 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,735 56
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 395
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 359
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 341
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 319
- Electric Car 269
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 231
- S222 Charge 231
- Company Structure 209
- Travel and Subsistence Expenses 175
- IP trans to holding company 170