Simply had to share this ...
We have received a letter from Debt Management & Banking, Croydon addressed to one of our clients.
The opening lines of the letter are -
"Our records show that you self assessment tax payment is overdue.
We will be checking how long it takes you to respond to this letter"
The letter is dated 11th May and was not received until 31st May.
This from an organisation that admits to taking 6 weeks to open incoming mail.
They really don't understand irony do they.
- Foreign income for self employed 143 2
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 681 20
- tax credits 151 6
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 259 9
- LLP - Member leaving 150 6
- what time is it ? 94 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 260 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,062 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 228 4
- Year end 163 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 578 21
- How would you account for warranty? 162 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 405 22
- Sweet Tooth 190 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 181 2
- trading or dormant 121 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 132 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 573 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 277 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 124 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 880
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 519
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 246
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 168