Small business bookkeeping & accounting
I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with a Big 4 in 2006, and since then have worked in corporate finance advisory at Big 4 and boutique practices. I would like to take on some bookkeeping, accounts prep and tax work for small clients, part time initially but with a view to potentially setting up a small practice in time. Whilst I'm very comfortable with all the theory behind accounting etc, I've never actually had to do it myself before. My clients have always been large organisations using SAP or Sage, and I have just been auditing the TB etc.
Anyway, I imagine it sounds like an odd question, but could anyone advise me of any resources I could use to learn how to actually do bookkeeping and accounting in practice??
Thanks very much in advance for any help!
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 19 1
- Nominal Ledger 372 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 535 20
- Running two businesses from the same premises 374 4
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 186 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 175 2
- Old CGT loss 194 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 145 3
- Paper tax return 133 4
- Start up allowance? 366 12
- Will I need to resign? 147 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,350 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 238 3
- AIA or IFA 446 7
- Surely not? 444 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 634 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 356 7
- Late Registration for VAT 359 11
- When do consolidated/group accounts needs preparing? 271 5
- Share structures 151 5