Small business bookkeeping & accounting
I qualified as a Chartered Accountant with a Big 4 in 2006, and since then have worked in corporate finance advisory at Big 4 and boutique practices. I would like to take on some bookkeeping, accounts prep and tax work for small clients, part time initially but with a view to potentially setting up a small practice in time. Whilst I'm very comfortable with all the theory behind accounting etc, I've never actually had to do it myself before. My clients have always been large organisations using SAP or Sage, and I have just been auditing the TB etc.
Anyway, I imagine it sounds like an odd question, but could anyone advise me of any resources I could use to learn how to actually do bookkeeping and accounting in practice??
Thanks very much in advance for any help!
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 222 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 233 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 588 12
- Personal Tax 487 11
- USA Tax Query 161 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 282 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 598 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 349 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 407 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 171 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 325 4
- last minute request 511 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46